1st time CFL closet grow

Kempala

its realy exciting and all but ive never had on a opinion or someone to guide me through it. So here i am :)

Seeds were a Bag mix
Indica from what i can see
2 plants
Veg stage
2 weeks in veg stage
Indoor
My pots dont say what size they are but i think its 1 gallon
Got a 200w CFL and a smaller warm light cfl that i dont know much about cause i found it lying around.
I got a circulating fan and for exhaust i got a really strong fan that i found at work from an electrical cabin station. stats are 220-230V and 26-35watt.
Temperatures during day is 20-23c and at night temperature falls too 18-20c
RH is around 45-65
I use lime or lemon or vinegar to drop my PH lvl's to 6.3 but after a day PH rises again.
No pests, i think ;p
After the 1st week i usualy water every 2-3 days. I think my fan drys out most of my soil
For the 1st 2-3 weeks ive been told to use "Root it" and after the 3rd week im gonna use organic iguana juice grow and bloom from Advanced nutrients
My closet size is 80x50x160cm

12755.JPG
21842.JPG
31621.JPG
41247.JPG
5982.JPG
IMG_241720.JPG

Qestions:
1. Are my mediums small for the space that i have?
2. Is my lighting enough for 2 plants? or should i place more lights for a full CFL grow? I dont want to end up with nothing when the time comes.
3. My exhaust fun is kinda strong, maybe it changes the air in my closet every 2-3 seconds. is that a problem? didnt have anything else to use and it was a must cause i had heat stress signs.
4. They dont seem to gain much height. Should i top them?
5. And one last, my closet is not air sealed, so intake is pretty much everywhere. Does it matter?

any extra ideas would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Your plants should fit in there alright if you use CFL's for the entire grow. Ideally you want 150W of lighting per plant, so I would buy a few more bulbs and mounts or whatever. Even if the exhaust is kinda strong it will be ok, just don't let stale air hang around in the grow area. People generally top at the 4th node, I think your plant has 3 maybe 4, can't quite tell. So you can top now or wait for 1 or 2 more nodes to show up then top it. You should top any of the tallest branches to make sure the 2 plants fit in your area though. If your closet isn't sealed there are only a few things to worry about; will any bugs get in there? Or house pets? Does the smell matter to you or the neighbors?

Those pots are small during flowering plant doubles in size, you should transplant 1 week before flip so plant can recover. More lights, your plant needs it during flowering or buds will be small and get smaller when you dry them. But looks good

Your plants should fit in there alright if you use CFL's for the entire grow. Ideally you want 150W of lighting per plant, so I would buy a few more bulbs and mounts or whatever. Even if the exhaust is kinda strong it will be ok, just don't let stale air hang around in the grow area. People generally top at the 4th node, I think your plant has 3 maybe 4, can't quite tell. So you can top now or wait for 1 or 2 more nodes to show up then top it. You should top any of the tallest branches to make sure the 2 plants fit in your area though. If your closet isn't sealed there are only a few things to worry about; will any bugs get in there? Or house pets? Does the smell matter to you or the neighbors?

Great, so what kind of bulbs? warm or 6500 daylight bulbs?
Closet is not completely sealed, and im sure the smell will be strong. It does matter, ive never experimented to see if i can get rid of it easily by opening up and letting some breeze come through or if the smell stays on everything.
I dont know about bugs, and my dog doesnt mess around with it cause my room is closed most of the time.

Thanks!

Looks good man. Stealthboat is spot on with his light recommendations. All your clothes hanging above that area are gonna smell pretty strong once it flips to flowering. LOL

lol clothes will go! im now worried about the hole closet. Got blankets and stuff on the opposite side. :p

Those pots are small during flowering plant doubles in size, you should transplant 1 week before flip so plant can recover. More lights, your plant needs it during flowering or buds will be small and get smaller when you dry them. But looks good

Great, ill transplant!

Great, so what kind of bulbs? warm or 6500 daylight bulbs?
Closet is not completely sealed, and im sure the smell will be strong. It does matter, ive never experimented to see if i can get rid of it easily by opening up and letting some breeze come through or if the smell stays on everything.
I dont know about bugs, and my dog doesnt mess around with it cause my room is closed most of the time.

Thanks!

You want 6500k bulbs for veg, that's considered "daylight or white light". For flower you wanna switch to 2400k which is a warmer light.

Cost?? Hps is way more expensive on money than cfls for elecicity bil and buying.

I know this, I was just asking the OP if he had decided against HPS because of the cost or if it was a different reason. :thumb:

I know this, I was just asking the OP if he had decided against HPS because of the cost or if it was a different reason. :thumb:

i have no idea how the plants react to the light the water the nutrients the air and temperatures, i have no idea how much a cfl grow yields, i didnt feel so sure about my growing skills ;p on doing ANYTHING serious at start and then fuck up. I can place an HPS easily in there, even though the temperatures will get really high, im quiet sure my exhaust fan will get rid of the high temperatures. So the only thing keeping me back is the cost of the hole deal. And im not gonna grow a "bomb" :)

Its been some time people!! around 7 weeks i think? sorry, anyways some updates of me lady, I got an HPS a while back, so its not a CFL grow anymore and the other one was a male. so here are some photos.

13799.JPG
21906.JPG
31670.JPG
41295.JPG
51025.JPG
6908.JPG
7745.JPG
8588.JPG

She's really sticky and smells so fruity like peach or smthing

Its my first time growing so i cant imagine how well she will taste.
and how long do you think till harvest?

today she's 9 weeks old, 5 weeks in 12/12. i dont have a magnifying glass but im thinking of taking her down around 70% brown pistles.

Back
Top Bottom