1st Time RDWC

Ycfro

Hello everyone, the forums and members here are awesome. Thanks to everyone who posts their experience and knowledge.
I've grown mostly outdoors for years, a few soil grows indoors, so this straight water/nutrients thing, really is new to me and of coarse I've had a couple issues. The plants are now in their 5th week of flower and I just noticed the roots have changed from white to a tan color. I have recently added flora plus and kool bloom to the mix, which is much darker. I'm wondering , are the roots just stained (they are not slimy,no black spots,they look fine) or should I be adding something like UC roots?
I'm growing with:
1000 w hps
5 gal buckets
water temp is 65.8
room temp is 69
R H 50%
G H
Z 9a/b
PH 5.6...6.2
Any thoughts?

Hello everyone, the forums and members here are awesome. Thanks to everyone who posts their experience and knowledge.
I've grown mostly outdoors for years, a few soil grows indoors, so this straight water/nutrients thing, really is new to me and of coarse I've had a couple issues. The plants are now in their 5th week of flower and I just noticed the roots have changed from white to a tan color. I have recently added flora plus and kool bloom to the mix, which is much darker. I'm wondering , are the roots just stained (they are not slimy,no black spots,they look fine) or should I be adding something like UC roots?
I'm growing with:
1000 w hps
5 gal buckets
water temp is 65.8
room temp is 69
R H 50%
G H
Z 9a/b
PH 5.6...6.2
Any thoughts?
I wouldn't worry, Your stained roots are just that, stained. As long as you're temperatures in your Reservoir haven't fluctuated aggressively, no way that's root rot.

Thanks, I just need some reassurance. I've learned a ton in the last 2 months, mostly that I have a lot more to learn but its goin ok I think. Thx again.

Attachments

• roots.jpg
    roots.jpg
    900.4 KB · Views: 40
  • the top.jpg
    the top.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
Welcome to the forum. Looking good so far. I know nothing about rdwc but there are a lot of good growers on here that do. @TurboBucket comes to mind. @West Hippie will also be able to offer advice for hydro

positive vibes :high-five:

Welcome Ycfro to 420 magazine. Looks like health roots to me . If the Z9 works like Z7 it will bubble that bucket up if there’s a problem!
I think I've read that Z9 and Z7 are the same, 9 being Canada, 7 USA. Not positive though.
This all started because my ph has dropped daily for the last
Welcome Ycfro to 420 magazine. Looks like health roots to me . If the Z9 works like Z7 it will bubble that bucket up if there’s a problem!

week, ppm dropped only slightly.
I might give them a flush for a day just PH'd R/O water, and lower the nutrients a bit. they are only at 620ppm now.
thanks West Hippie.

Looking real healthy @Ycfro nice!

and Welcome to :420:

you could also just use some hydrogen peroxide if you don’t have z7 or z9.. as far as I can tell they are the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom