2 Liter Hempy SOG

Awesome results, as always, 'fied. So, those colas are about 36" long and a soda can around? I spoke to a pal who really emphasized the need for odor control, and says that a carbon scrubber isn't enough. What do you use for your SOG? I'd love to use an in-line duct ozonator, but that's a few hundred $ down the road, and I know you are the king of good and cheap! On a scale of !-10, do you think you can rate the different stages of growth in their stinkiness? for example, are they scentless until they grow a couple nodes? is flowering stinkier than drying? Is there anything comparable in odor saturation(as strong as a trash truck in summer, or only a rose bush?). Thanks a mil!

Those branches look like they are holding some nice size Nugs! I do not see any popcorn! Great Job!! :goodjob:

Awesome results, as always, 'fied. So, those colas are about 36" long and a soda can around? I spoke to a pal who really emphasized the need for odor control, and says that a carbon scrubber isn't enough. What do you use for your SOG? I'd love to use an in-line duct ozonator, but that's a few hundred $ down the road, and I know you are the king of good and cheap! On a scale of !-10, do you think you can rate the different stages of growth in their stinkiness? for example, are they scentless until they grow a couple nodes? is flowering stinkier than drying? Is there anything comparable in odor saturation(as strong as a trash truck in summer, or only a rose bush?). Thanks a mil!

They start stinking about 1/2 way through the run (day 35) and get worse until the chop. When you chop them they REALLY STINK. If you have neighbors at all you'll need to invest in a scrubber or some other sort of odor control. We don't have anyone living close to us and we don't have children so it's not a top notch priority. We use Febreeze candles when we need to but I'm getting ready to order some Ona Gel and I'm going to make a homemade scent controller with a bit of that.(there's a tutorial online I found). I'm not the best authority on odor control as I just choose to live out in the sticks. ;)

I use the ONA gel for odor control myself, it works wonders. I actually use 2L bottles with a couple slits drilled in the bottom. I fill it up about 2" with the ONA and then as it disolves into liquid, it seems out the cracks and IMO works better. I keep them around the entrance of the grow room and then in front of the fan in veg to help circulate. Takes care of all my smell including the organic nute smell that is so strong when you feed.

We use Febreeze candles when we need to but I'm getting ready to order some Ona Gel and I'm going to make a homemade scent controller with a bit of that.

I use the ONA gel for odor control myself, it works wonders. I actually use 2L bottles with a couple slits drilled in the bottom. I fill it up about 2" with the ONA and then as it disolves into liquid, it seems out the cracks and IMO works better. I keep them around the entrance of the grow room and then in front of the fan in veg to help circulate. Takes care of all my smell including the organic nute smell that is so strong when you feed.

I'll have to look into the ONA gel, Thanks! 420fied's living the life out there with no neighbors, no kids and minimal LE - just growin' free! Unfortunately, I live In a big city, and from my bedroom window it's about 10' to my neighbor's window, and cops drive by all the time. I hear ice-dams are another giveaway. They build icicles from the hot exhaust of the stinky air in the winter.

I'll have to look into the ONA gel, Thanks! 420fied's living the life out there with no neighbors, no kids and minimal LE - just growin' free! Unfortunately, I live In a big city, and from my bedroom window it's about 10' to my neighbor's window, and cops drive by all the time. I hear ice-dams are another giveaway. They build icicles from the hot exhaust of the stinky air in the winter.

I can't imagine living in a city like that. I regularly see deer and Wild Turkey from my back porch.

I hope you find an odor solution my friend.

Since the harvest is hanging and we're just waiting on the numbers I thought it would be fun to post a picture of my first 25 plant run with General Hydroponics 3 part and then my current run with Blue Planet Nutrients so we can compare and speculate. Both of these pictures were taken right after the plants were hung up.

Here's 25 plants from GH 3 part that yielded 382.5 grams or 13.66 ounces.

chopd25.JPG

Here's 30 plants from Blue Planet Nutrients

d63h1.JPG

I'll wait for the final numbers but it certainly looks to me like Blue Planet has more than held it's own.

What do you all think?

Very impressive i only hope one day i can grow ladies that even come close to that, very talented grower indeed!

I noticed on your first journal that you used jro's technique for defolition i once read a thread by jrosek on ic but this seems to of vanished any chance you know of were one might be hanging around?

EDIT : Sorry found 1 now ;)

:peace:

Since we are wrapping things up I want to speak on how I used my 3 part Elite Series along with Liquid Blue on this run for those that may have any questions. I'll lay it out for you step by step so you can use it as a Blueprint if you'd like.

Here goes:

Days 1-3 - 450PPM (5ML Micro, 5ML Grow, 5ML Bloom)
Days 4-14 - 700PPM (10ML Micro, 5ML Grow, 5ML Bloom)
Days 15-21 - 900PPM (10ML Micro, 10ML Grow, 10ML Bloom, 2ML LB)
Days 22-42 - 1250PPM (10ML Micro, 10ML Grow, 25ML Bloom, 2ML LB)
Days 43-57 - 1350PPM (10ML Micro, 12ML Grow, 30ML Bloom, 2.5ML LB)
Days 58-60 - Flush with plain water
Days 61-63 - Let plants dry out
Day 63 - Chop

The tools:

arsenal.JPG

Here you can see how much BPN it took to complete the run. I used just about 1/2 gallon of Bloom and about 1/4 gallon of Micro and Grow. Also, I didn't start adding Liquid Blue to the mix until day 19 so I didn't use much of it either.

30plantrun.JPG

The 'on deck' circle (day 35)

ondeck.JPG

the BPN nugs look fatter and the GH nugs look longer.

damn it seems like you only used about $20 bucks worth of nutrients to get what will probably be about a pound.

that's pretty cool! so anxious to get my 2L grow going!

I actually used even less than the picture indicates. I have a 20 plant run that's on day 35 and they've been fed Blue Planet as well so what's been used has not only finished one 30 plant run but it's gotten a second 20 plant run half way home.

Good call on the weight. I'd say you'll be pretty darn close!

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom