2 week olds - Need help

They look good for now @therealxandy don't get discouraged you have come to the right place. Start a grow journal so we can follow along and help. It will make your first grow much easier and less stressful; I know it helped a lot with mine.
Happy Growing.

Hiya - you have your work cut out for you trying this, but it can be done
The most basic light fitting would be a CFL or LED bulb that fits a standard lamp, go for 5600k daylight
As the plant grows, you can simply add more lamps quite cheaply
However, by the time you've mucked about rigging up Lampkenstein, you'll probably wish you'd just bought a proper lamp to start with - even a cheapo 100w burple will do the job
It is easier to do in a tent or cabinet as you can arrange lights properly, close to the plants
Keep pinching it out to make it short and bushy to try to maximize the leaf/canopy area, then just keep your eyes peeled for males/hermies
Looking good for now though - Good Luck!

Okay so maybe they won't get to big and I can keep them in the window til I know the gender but when I do won't it be to late to seperate them if they male and female won't I already have messed up by keeping them close but not knowing the gender this shi is hard
but not knowing the gender this shi is hard
No it is not. You are asking the wrong questions and that is what is making it hard for yourself. In order to make it become easy you have to read what the others are saying. And, research, research and research some more.

You are more concerned about knowing the gender now when the plant has just started. You should be more concerned about whether they are growing properly. You should be working on getting the new pots and getting one of them into its own container.

Leaving the three of them together like that will slow down their growth so it will be even longer before they show gender. If it was me I would rather throw away a healthy male plant later than end up with 3 lanky, struggling to stay alive, unhealthy and stunted female plants that should have been separated while there was still time.

I notice that some of the others have already made suggestions on how to get lights set up. But like this comment from one of the others brings up....
However, by the time you've mucked about rigging up Lampkenstein, you'll probably wish you'd just bought a proper lamp to start with - even a cheapo 100w burple will do the job
you will be better off spending some money on a light meant for growing than spend the same amount on building a contraption with bulbs meant for lighting the kitchen or living room. I know 'cause I tried it. Yes some regular bulbs will work but grow lights, even the basic less expensive ones work better, much better, and produce more at harvest.

No it is not. You are asking the wrong questions and that is what is making it hard for yourself. In order to make it become easy you have to read what the others are saying. And, research, research and research some more.

You are more concerned about knowing the gender now when the plant has just started. You should be more concerned about whether they are growing properly. You should be working on getting the new pots and getting one of them into its own container.

Leaving the three of them together like that will slow down their growth so it will be even longer before they show gender. If it was me I would rather throw away a healthy male plant later than end up with 3 lanky, struggling to stay alive, unhealthy and stunted female plants that should have been separated while there was still time.

I notice that some of the others have already made suggestions on how to get lights set up. But like this comment from one of the others brings up....

you will be better off spending some money on a light meant for growing than spend the same amount on building a contraption with bulbs meant for lighting the kitchen or living room. I know 'cause I tried it. Yes some regular bulbs will work but grow lights, even the basic less expensive ones work better, much better, and produce more at harvest.
This is great thank you I have seperated them all and got them in their own cans full of soil and I was looking online and I might get some lights which am I better getting tho I found a "tent" which looks like a porta potty for like 30$ and some plug in hose connector purple LEDs for 7$ and like I could get a few or this hanging purple light plug it in and hang above the plants for 25$ idk what's good but none of those seem to expensive so I could get any maybe.

Howdy @therealxandy! I've heard of people growing bananas in Colorado in a greenhouse... must have been southern Co. ha ha. Anyway, I recommend this bulb and you can choose your wattage. Dunno why you'd necessarily need a "tent". The more bulbs/wattage, the closer you'll be to simulating sunlight. I also recommend setting up "photoperiod lighting", which will prevent your plants from flowering until you want them to flower. This is done by "night interruption", and only requires a simple, low-wattage daylight spectrum LED bulb. I use 5w or 13w bulbs. Use enough bulbs so that all plants are bathed in light. Put these bulbs on a digital timer so that the plants get a blast of light in the middle of the night, for a couple minutes each time. My timer is on for midnight, 2am, and 4am. Works like a charm. Good luck with your grow!

SANSI Grow Light Bulb with COC Technology, Full Spectrum 24W Grow Lamp (300 Watt Equivalent)

1664487716041.png

hich will prevent your plants from flowering until you want them to flower. This is done by "night interruption", and only requires a simple, low-wattage daylight spectrum LED bulb. I use 5w or 13w bulbs. Use enough bulbs so that all plants are bathed in light. Put these bulbs on a digital timer so that the plants get a blast of light in the middle of the night, for a couple minutes each time.
Called the 'Gas Lantern Routine' and should be easy to find more info with a search here on this message board and a general google style search. Though, most of the information recommends a one hour period of light in the middle of the dark.

RE: "Gas Lantern" ... answered here. "Night Interruption"... been doing it successfully for quite some time now.

Back
Top Bottom