2nd Grow For Maz: Blue Cheese

So i was looking at some strain on the internet and found a really interesting one that i really wanna try.
Will it give me a problem that i add this strain to this round of growing or will i lack light and space?

Sk_rmbillede_2017-12-11_kl_13_32_47.png

Do mites give discoloring on the leaves?

Yes when they feed on the leaves they leave behind white spots from sucking all the nutrients out. They are also incredibly small like the tip of a sewing needle small when they are at their largest. So if you don't manage to get them all out (unlikely to get em all at their size) they'll adapt and start reproducing again with a resistance to whatever you used the first time. Another issue is a lot of the sprays will kill the mites but not the eggs and so forth I'm ordering some neem so incase they come back I'll have a few different treatments.

Wow sounds like a nice project you got going on there LedGuy!
Very interested in seeing the journal when you get the seeds.
Think i will try the gorilla glue on my 3rd grow 31% thc dammmn. :tokin:

Not sure what all I'll grow first but I'm thinking the gorilla bomb for sure and maybe the pineapple chunk or LSD as I've heard good things from both. The purple bud I'll save for next winter just incase she needs a boost of cold to push her into purpling.

Yes when they feed on the leaves they leave behind white spots from sucking all the nutrients out. They are also incredibly small like the tip of a sewing needle small when they are at their largest. So if you don't manage to get them all out (unlikely to get em all at their size) they'll adapt and start reproducing again with a resistance to whatever you used the first time. Another issue is a lot of the sprays will kill the mites but not the eggs and so forth I'm ordering some neem so incase they come back I'll have a few different treatments.

Oh they sound hard to get rid off!
Really dont hope i have to struggel with them!

Not sure what all I'll grow first but I'm thinking the gorilla bomb for sure and maybe the pineapple chunk or LSD as I've heard good things from both. The purple bud I'll save for next winter just incase she needs a boost of cold to push her into purpling.

I have heard alot of good things about the LSD strain both growing it and the final smoke you get out of it.
Would be interesting to see it grow and how well the smoke turn out. :yummy:

I have heard alot of good things about the LSD strain both growing it and the final smoke you get out of it.
Would be interesting to see it grow and how well the smoke turn out. :yummy:

Hopefully the mites stay away and the germination goes good lol then it will definitely be interesting . ... My first time buying seed bank seeds the two seeds I purchased failed to germinate thankfully the freebie did though so I wasn't left with nothing... My germination rates are normally good so I was figuring they were older seeds since they were both the same strain. This time I only have one of each seed and hopefully they are all good and germinate.... I'll probably just toss them straight into jiffy pellets but maybe I'll put them in a cup of water first who knows.

Yeah definitely a lot of journals out there already for these strains I bought so I can compare mine versus theirs unlike the special queen which only has a few journals which all seem to show different looking plants lol or different phenos at the very least. Your special queen looked good and the buds had the same resemblance but that growth pattern was wicked lol. Mine damn near won't get that tall if I tried lol.

But yeah my first feminized seeds were set to be shark widow seeds just very affordable strain that's 100% indica with a short flower time lol. I was excited to grow them and I didn't have any intention of growing the special queen right away because I didn't have a carbon filter at the time... The shark widow was supposed to be a more earthy smell while the special queen is a skunk lol... I was also worried that she would stretch a ton more than the shark widow would have due to the 50/50 indica/sativa versus the 100% indica but nope the special queen doesn't stretch at all after 12/12 for me lol. Overall I've been real pleased with the SQ but I'm just looking to switch it up some and add more strains and hopefully continue growing the SQ as well. Maybe I'll buy some more shark widows down the road and give them a try and see if they germinate because I was interested in seeing how they would grow.

So i was looking at some strain on the internet and found a really interesting one that i really wanna try.
Will it give me a problem that i add this strain to this round of growing or will i lack light and space?

Sk_rmbillede_2017-12-11_kl_13_32_47.png

If you think you'll have the space throw her in... You'll just have to flip to 12/12 sooner for two smaller overall plants instead of one large plant. Looks like a good strain I'd personally do it... That's why I'm buying more strains lol I'm tired of growing nothing but one strain over and over I want to incorporate a few strains at once so I can mix it up.

I meant to get more strains with CBD myself but was on a budget and found these to be my best choices for what I wanted... The pineapple chunk does have small doses of CBD that's why it's going to be my first one I grow for sure with the gorilla bomb I may grow a 3rd not sure yet it depends... But I'm thinking maybe I'll do 4 different plants each grow and just go for a couple ounces of each strain each grow and keep cloning them too obviously. Or maybe just 3 different strains and row two of my favorite so I'll have more of my top pick. The LSD also apparently has low doses of CBD so I may grow it right away too. That liberty haze is sexy that you want to grab and it has a ton of good reviews too by the looks of it. Definitely should grab it..

Yeah those pesky buggers are hard to get rid of. I got lucky and only had to battle regular spider mites, not the dreaded 2 spot, cannabis specialized mites. I had luck using General Hydroponics Azamax. I also got some foggers to use when my current grow is over. They say it is safe for plants but I read some horror stories of it killing a few gardens.

They do leave those little tiny white spots. Almost looks like white ash. I haven't seen any for about a week now, knock on wood:wood: My last treatment as about two weeks ago. I have a secret weapon in my tent though. A dozen or so lady bugs that are natural mite predators! I really think they are helping me out :)

:passitleft:

Hopefully the mites stay away and the germination goes good lol then it will definitely be interesting . ... My first time buying seed bank seeds the two seeds I purchased failed to germinate thankfully the freebie did though so I wasn't left with nothing... My germination rates are normally good so I was figuring they were older seeds since they were both the same strain. This time I only have one of each seed and hopefully they are all good and germinate.... I'll probably just toss them straight into jiffy pellets but maybe I'll put them in a cup of water first who knows.

Yeah definitely a lot of journals out there already for these strains I bought so I can compare mine versus theirs unlike the special queen which only has a few journals which all seem to show different looking plants lol or different phenos at the very least. Your special queen looked good and the buds had the same resemblance but that growth pattern was wicked lol. Mine damn near won't get that tall if I tried lol.

But yeah my first feminized seeds were set to be shark widow seeds just very affordable strain that's 100% indica with a short flower time lol. I was excited to grow them and I didn't have any intention of growing the special queen right away because I didn't have a carbon filter at the time... The shark widow was supposed to be a more earthy smell while the special queen is a skunk lol... I was also worried that she would stretch a ton more than the shark widow would have due to the 50/50 indica/sativa versus the 100% indica but nope the special queen doesn't stretch at all after 12/12 for me lol. Overall I've been real pleased with the SQ but I'm just looking to switch it up some and add more strains and hopefully continue growing the SQ as well. Maybe I'll buy some more shark widows down the road and give them a try and see if they germinate because I was interested in seeing how they would grow.

Hahaha yeah i really hope everything goes smooth with this grow. :goodluck:
Well i am really lucky that the smell dont matter where i live so glad not have to worry about that lol.
I think i will try and grow the SQ sometime again
really like the high that it gives you pretty chill haha. :roorrip:
I really have no idea what i did that gave my SQ her height. :hmmmm:

If you think you'll have the space throw her in... You'll just have to flip to 12/12 sooner for two smaller overall plants instead of one large plant. Looks like a good strain I'd personally do it... That's why I'm buying more strains lol I'm tired of growing nothing but one strain over and over I want to incorporate a few strains at once so I can mix it up.

I meant to get more strains with CBD myself but was on a budget and found these to be my best choices for what I wanted... The pineapple chunk does have small doses of CBD that's why it's going to be my first one I grow for sure with the gorilla bomb I may grow a 3rd not sure yet it depends... But I'm thinking maybe I'll do 4 different plants each grow and just go for a couple ounces of each strain each grow and keep cloning them too obviously. Or maybe just 3 different strains and row two of my favorite so I'll have more of my top pick. The LSD also apparently has low doses of CBD so I may grow it right away too. That liberty haze is sexy that you want to grab and it has a ton of good reviews too by the looks of it. Definitely should grab it..

My grow tent is 120 cm x 120 cm and the height is 2m.
Will it reduce the yield alot if i add one Liberty Haze in my room?
so that i have 1 Liberty Haze and 2 Blue cheese in my grow room
I was taken away by the taste and the smell it have really like the citrus haha. :passitleft:

Yeah those pesky buggers are hard to get rid of. I got lucky and only had to battle regular spider mites, not the dreaded 2 spot, cannabis specialized mites. I had luck using General Hydroponics Azamax. I also got some foggers to use when my current grow is over. They say it is safe for plants but I read some horror stories of it killing a few gardens.

They do leave those little tiny white spots. Almost looks like white ash. I haven't seen any for about a week now, knock on wood:wood: My last treatment as about two weeks ago. I have a secret weapon in my tent though. A dozen or so lady bugs that are natural mite predators! I really think they are helping me out :)

Wow your own little army in your grow room to projekt your pride haha!
Maybe i should get one myself when my ladies get older. :hmmmm:

I got really lucky with the lady bugs. It got really warm one day and they swarmed over everyone's houses. I ended up with about a dozen in the room with my tent. I just grabbed them out of the corner where they were crowded together and put them in the tent. I see them every once in a while hanging out in there, eating mites lol.

I got really lucky with the lady bugs. It got really warm one day and they swarmed over everyone's houses. I ended up with about a dozen in the room with my tent. I just grabbed them out of the corner where they were crowded together and put them in the tent. I see them every once in a while hanging out in there, eating mites lol.

Predator mites are also supposed to be very good.

Predator mites are also supposed to be very good.

I have heard good things about the predatory mites but I don't know anyone who has actually used them. I did google them. One of the first pictures shows one eating, or sucking the blood, of a spider mite. I considered them but at that point I couldn't imagine putting more tiny insects in my tent. It felt so weird knowing the spider mites were there.

Sorry to hijack your thread with the mite talk manna. Hope you don't mind. Feel free to join me over in my journal if you like LedGuy, it's the second link in my signature.

wow lucky you them came to you haha i think i need to go in the woods to search for some haha. :laughtwo:

I have heard good things about the predatory mites but I don't know anyone who has actually used them. I did google them. One of the first pictures shows one eating, or sucking the blood, of a spider mite. I considered them but at that point I couldn't imagine putting more tiny insects in my tent. It felt so weird knowing the spider mites were there.

Sorry to hijack your thread with the mite talk manna. Hope you don't mind. Feel free to join me over in my journal if you like LedGuy, it's the second link in my signature.

Wow thoes predator mites looks like they can keep your plants safe. :laughtwo:

No need for a sorry LiveAndLetGro i love the small talks about this interesting hoppy.

Okay nice but it will be expensive for me cause i need to get a 5 pack of seeds if i just want 1. :hmmmm:
When is it that you start training them?

Depends... Normally I'll take my cuttings and when they root and start growing I top them... That's at around the 4th node or so just depends but then after that I just tie down as needed or weave through the scrog as needed. You don't have to work them everyday just let them grow out for a week or two then tie a branch down and when another branch is large enough to tie down to the opposite side tie it down ect... this grow im not going to be doing much training more of a natural look to the just topped once and allowed to grow more upwards.

Depends... Normally I'll take my cuttings and when they root and start growing I top them... That's at around the 4th node or so just depends but then after that I just tie down as needed or weave through the scrog as needed. You don't have to work them everyday just let them grow out for a week or two then tie a branch down and when another branch is large enough to tie down to the opposite side tie it down ect... this grow im not going to be doing much training more of a natural look to the just topped once and allowed to grow more upwards.

Mhm think they are gonna be pretty for sure Ledguy.

Back
Top Bottom