3 seedlings about 2 weeks old all look sad

User43

Just water no nutrients so far, are they burning?

20221125_172127.jpg

20221125_172039.jpg

20221125_172037.jpg

I do not believe it's burn, if I had to guess, I'd say it has been overwatered. The leaves are droopy, and yellowing, tips are browning, and those that aren't yellow are very light green. Basically, the roots are drowning, the soil needs to dry out, right now the roots are so weak/damaged that they can't pull enough nutrients for the plant. Until the roots recover, nutes (which they look like they need) won't help. I'd suggest reading the @Emilya Green tutorial. The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant. Best of luck, happy growing!

I do not believe it's burn, if I had to guess, I'd say it has been overwatered. The leaves are droopy, and yellowing, tips are browning, and those that aren't yellow are very light green. Basically, the roots are drowning, the soil needs to dry out, right now the roots are so weak/damaged that they can't pull enough nutrients for the plant. Until the roots recover, nutes (which they look like they need) won't help. I'd suggest reading the @Emilya Green tutorial. The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant. Best of luck, happy growing!
Agreed. That a pretty big pot for such a small plant and very difficult to water properly without drowning the thing. This leads to root rot and noone wants that.

Come check out #SIP Club for an alternative to the learning curve of proper wet/dry watering. You'll grow healthier and bigger plants with perfect watering every time since the plant waters itself.

This Emilya article might be more helpful than the other Emilya thread linked:

In the future I’d recommend using clear solo cups. It’ll help you to see what’s going on and when to uppot. And definitely take @Phytoplankton advise about reading @Emilaya Green post on watering. CL🍀

a bunch of answers without a single piece of info.

no nutes,, the only mention,, but does the soil have nutes? a billion q's

a bunch of answers without a single piece of info.

no nutes,, the only mention,, but does the soil have nutes? a billion q's

Deductive reasoning. Big pot, small seedling which should have everything on-board for healthy green growth for a bit, so can mostly rule out nutes.

Droopy, washed out leaves which are a classic sign of overwatering.

So, should we wait for definitive answers? Maybe, but at this stage of the grow, and having been given only water, there aren't too many things other than overwatering that it could be.

to my eyes the soil does not look even the tiniest bit moist,, overwatering in soil us usually given away by the look of the SOIL, before the plant.

i might suggest severe nute burn,, near past the point of no return,,

my opinion only, not yours

karma sent friend

or perhaps thats coco there,, and whole other situation,,

to my eyes the soil does not look even the tiniest bit moist,, overwatering in soil us usually given away by the look of the SOIL, before the plant.

i might suggest severe nute burn,, near past the point of no return,,

my opinion only, not yours

karma sent friend

or perhaps thats coco there,, and whole other situation,,
You make good points. It could be other things as you suggest.

One thing in the photo that makes it look like too much water was poured on several times is the look of the Perlite. It has picked up that stained looked from minerals and almost microscopic pieces of grow medium.

It also looks like the Perlite has a heavier stain the closer to the plant. It is as if the water was applied so that it kept the grow medium wet next to the plant and the further from the seedling the less water.

But, yes, more questions and answers to help pinpoint what is starting to happen to the plant.

I believe he's over-watered the plant and its not up taking anything ( Locked Out ) like Phyto has mentioned.
I've done this a few times on earlier grows and my plants turn that exact same color.
Then will lead to other deficiencies.
@User43 What kind of dirt do you have bud? whats your water's Ph?

Back
Top Bottom