300w LED Organic Soil Closet Grow First Grow Journal

g-one-three

This will be my first journal so I apologize in advance for any mistakes I make but here it goes.

Grow Specifications:
Closet size 3ft x 3.5ft x 5ft
Foxfarm ocean forest soil
300watt LED
2 small 4" fans
General Organics Grow, Bloom, CalMag, Roots Organic
RO/DI water
Room temp. 68 lights out, 72-75 with lights on depending on outside temp
Humidity: unknown at the moment without a gauge

I do not have a set expectation of yield for this grow. I am looking for the perfect mothers for the future.

Strains
6 mystery seeds (probably lemon g, forgot to label them when i found them), if these are lemon g it is one of my favorite strains, not a huge producer but with the extreme lemon flavor and smell its hard to pass up. I will be very gentle with these seeds as it can be very finiky and will take its good old time growin out but with lots of love will come the rewards.

10 Blueberry (came from an outdoor crop which got pollinated from unknown source), I have completely grown one of these out and it had the classic blueberry smell and resin production but it stretched even with the light 5" from the top, so I am hoping to find a more indica dominant phenotype.

My plan is to find a specific type for a couple of mothers, short stocky heavy bushing blueberry and the famed tight nug pheno of the lemon g. I will be using LST to create an even canopy throughout like a ScROG without the use of a screen. I used a wet paper towel method to crack the seeds, the tap roots came throug on all but three of them so now they are in their pots. I had an assorment of smaller pots of various sizes but I am planning to replant after into uniform pots for consistency when it comes time to pick a mother. I will begin posting pictures when all the seedlings break the surface. Thank you for your time and I hope you willfollow along and throw knowledge and good vibes my way. Also I will try to keep posting as often as possible but I travel for my job and sometimes the use of the internet is not available.

2013-01-02_01_28_09.jpg

I will use a 4 bulb t-5 for the first week after the seedlings sprout, the 300w LED in such a small space may damge the tender seedling. The plastic cups on top create a humidity dome for each individual seed and also protect the new seedlings from over exposure to the light. I will remove the cups after the seedlings begin to show the first set of true leaves coming on. Also for that first week I will be running the t-5 24/0 in hopes to jump start the seedlings, this has worked well for me in the past and it also allows me to minimize the amount of stretch.

Welcome aboard H-factor, glad to have ya hanging around.

Some of the seedling have begun poking through the soil so hopefully by the weekend there will be a picture update, one of the lemon g seeds was the first through the dirt so hopefully thats a good sign. I have always had trouble from start to finish with that strain and have never had one completely finish. So i have my fingers crossed to say the least.

I am in! Looks like this will be a good grow.

Glad to have you tactical

I was looking at the seedling and much to my dismay 4 of them had major problems which led to their demise, I kind of saw that this may have been coming because the seeds were pretty immature green beans but I thought ehh why not give them a shot, which brings me to my back up plan. I have developed an intrest over the years in bonsai trees, long story short I started a lemon g seed in the hopes to turn it into a one of a kind bonsai art work, I have many other seeds that i can use so im donating it to this grow. Its very small and was growing in a pop cap off of a two liter for about two weeks but I know it will regain its true strength and flourish. I will post a picture in a little while once my camera charges.

Sounds like you have a plan for your plants. Check my grows as you may find some useful information.

2013-01-03_01_51_57.jpg

2013-01-03_01_51_50.jpg

2013-01-03_01_51_32.jpg

The first three up, the one with the blue rubber band around it is the lemon and the other two are the blueberry. The next picture update wont be until they are all up and the first set of leaves comes in completely but so far so good.

Tactical I must say your GDP genetics talk and grow deeply intrigues me lol I found myself lost in the reading for about an hour or so.

Yeah the grow of knowledge is what I like to call my second journal. :) My third is hopefully a great yielding grow. And my first taught me a ton about the plant in general. I have been lucky to be free of many issues, but if I ever run into one I know that I will get it solved quickly with help from the members here. :)

Hey guys glad to have you along, and ya ive used cfl, hps/mh, t-5, and LED throughout many grows and ive had great results with the LED. It may not totally replace HIDs yield production but ive found that the LED creates shorter space between nodes and in my set up in a small space i cant have alot of heat output. The 300 may be a bit overpowered for the space but it really pays off in the end with great results. I also have 2 90w ufo style for the mothers and clones when it comes to that point.

My last 2 grows were in a DWC and i had disappointing results, so im going back to my roots with good old soil lol id love to get hydro going again but its hard to beat a nug of 100% organically grown MJ. The older gentleman who help me in the beginning told me that nature perfected it, you just give it what mother nature does and a little love and Mary will always repay you for it.

My last 2 grows were in a DWC and i had disappointing results, so im going back to my roots with good old soil lol id love to get hydro going again but its hard to beat a nug of 100% organically grown MJ. The older gentleman who help me in the beginning told me that nature perfected it, you just give it what mother nature does and a little love and Mary will always repay you for it.

Its funny how people have different experiences growing different ways. I love dwc. Probably never grow any other way again altho I may try a combo areo/bubbler/dwc setup but we'll see. What kind of money did you put into your led's?

Dude the light movers are really sweet I have a buddy doin it up with almost the same set up, i too had many trial and error grows with the LEDs and as my vision and knowledge grew so did the size of the LED, at one point I had 3 300s, 2 120s, and 2 90s, I ran tents and five gallon buckets and long veg times and had great results and my set ups went from being an enjoyable hobby to just a pain in the neck. So rather then neglecting the girls i donated most of my set up to local friends and family who wanted to get something going but never had the funds. Now I'm starting things up and I am excited to get back into it, thats why im doin something small lol literally going back to where it all started, in a small closet and a little soil only this time im starting outwith the 300 and not some DIY cfl (which i think was some of the most rewarding grows i have ever done do to the endless possibilities and knowledge gained)

Back
Top Bottom