ZA First Grow Journal

Looking good my man, so you've fallen in love with the autopot?
Definitely. It's so easy to work with once you've set it up. I just need to get a few xl autopots & 2 more dual air pumps or one with 4 outlets & airdomes. Might get another reservoir as well. Another R2500 -R3500 should cover everything.

Nice going Jimmy! I was wondering how come yours are flowering already and then I remembered they autos!

Do you recommend any place that sells a pH meter at a decent price?

Subbed

Nice going Jimmy! I was wondering how come yours are flowering already and then I remembered they autos!

Do you recommend any place that sells a pH meter at a decent price?

Subbed
Ph meters are pricey... I'm using the PH indicator drops that came with my autopot kit. I'll probably get an EC meter before I get a PH meter. The drops are a bit fiddly, but I'm happy if I can just get it close to the 6 mark. Hydroponic.co.za is my one stop shop for everything, literally a 5 min drive.

If your able to wait a few days I would use Green Thumb Hydro up north, their prices are usually waaaaayyy better. If your in Cape Town and in a rush go ahead with the hydro shop. You can also try (where I bought) the likes of Cape Instruments or Instruments South Africa and the like.

If your able to wait a few days I would use Green Thumb Hydro up north, their prices are usually waaaaayyy better. If your in Cape Town and in a rush go ahead with the hydro shop. You can also try (where I bought) the likes of Cape Instruments or Instruments South Africa and the like.
Cool, thanks for the recommendations. This is for my future plans. If my re-veg plants veg again, then I'll actually need less equipment. Just the one plant is more than enough already. Lol. With maybe one or two of a different strain for variety. The bag seed plant I'm killing at harvest, no clue what it is, & the blueberry in the cloth pot I'm babysitting for someone. He'll have to come get it when it's ready

R800 for both incl same day shipping from takealot. ;)
d6206e80807305e426288f0f5430e6fb.jpg

... thanks for that, ya can see I don't get out much...... tds is next on my list, need to master my ph pen first, but my water is pretty spot on, only damage to the girls is what I've inflicted, heat and nute burn so far...
Tds / EC is the most important right now. I have no clue how much nutrients are in the reservoir. I've gotten along fine with plain tap water

Thanks for that guys, I saw takealot has it cheaper than gthydro. I think im gonna get the pH pen, right now I can only afford one of the two, think pH pen is much more important.

So... tap water tested at 7.4 PH & 70 PPM. Looks about normal for tap water, so I didn't bother trying to calibrate the pens. Reservoir was at a perfect 6.0 PH & adjusted to 870 PPM :D I had to top up the reservoir, but it shouldn't affect PH all that much. I didn't test it again afterwards.

Thanks for that guys, I saw takealot has it cheaper than gthydro. I think im gonna get the pH pen, right now I can only afford one of the two, think pH pen is much more important.
I have one and used it a handful of times, I grow in soil so for me it's really not an issue. I also don't throw a lot of Kak with just the basics.

So... tap water tested at 7.4 PH & 70 PPM. Looks about normal for tap water, so I didn't bother trying to calibrate the pens. Reservoir was at a perfect 6.0 PH & adjusted to 870 PPM :D I had to top up the reservoir, but it shouldn't affect PH all that much. I didn't test it again afterwards.
My tap water is way higher than 7.4...mine more in the 8

Back
Top Bottom