300w LED Organic Soil Closet Grow First Grow Journal

This is great, I want to do exactly the same thing but inside a tent in my attic.

How much was the LED?

How much would you expect to pay for a complete LED light/tent/ventillation/nutes...

everything you would need.

Thanks in advance, one of my first posts so a bit here and there, first question towards you second one I would love a reply from any of the experience guys out there, help out a noobie smoking his doobie, aka me :)

the price of led's vary bigtime.I see alot of people buying cheap fleebay lights and complaining that they dont do what they claim, imho you get what you pay for with led's.I cant speak for G's light I dont know what it is lol...the company I deal with really stands behind there product and offers a 90 day moneyback guarantee and a lifetime warranty, so you can do a full grow and return it if you dont like it but I dont see that happening, I absolutely love my lights im actually buying 4 more this year for a total of 4800 watts in the flower room. im running Fero a/f 600's and they are direct replacements for 1000w hids.they have 4 switches for different stages of growth,switch 1 is for seedlings/clones and only draws 150 w,flip on another switch and this setting is for full veg with a draw of 300w,turn on the third switch and your in early flower with a draw of 450w and the 4th switch is for full flower with a total draw of 595 watts.they have a core footprint 4x4.

Ya the 300LED was purchased last year from my local hydro store and it went about $700, its an american made PED and one of the biggest reasons i bought it from there was that if something were to happen and the light stops working or a bulb burns out i can just take in back in and swap it out, it makes it extremely convienant in case of an emergency. As for total cost its hard to say, just remember you get what you pay for and watch out for gimicy things, if it sounds to good to be true it usually is.

Finally the seedlings are all almost up, I did have some problems with two of the blueberry and one of the lemon coming up, they are staying very small and havent opened up all the way, they also are a olive color which is wierd. I dont know if maybe the seeds werent totally formed right or what but ill post pictures later. I have some strong promising seedlings so things are looking promising

2013-01-06_19_22_15.jpg
2013-01-06_19_22_03.jpg
2013-01-06_19_21_55.jpg

These are the strongest growing Blueberry
2013-01-06_19_21_34.jpg
2013-01-06_19_21_04.jpg

The two surviving lemon g

I believe Im experiencing some unstable strain issues because on a couple of the blueberry(which was pollinated by an unknown source in an outdoor grow), the leaves came out like a brown olive color and were brittle and had no true set of next leaves above the round ones haha they almost looked like another type of plant seedling lol idk, i am considering pulling them, i also have started 4 more blueberry seeds as i want to keep those numbers up to help find my perfect mother.

I started them with ocean forest, and i am using ro water with a ppm reading of 2, nute burn was my first thought but half of the original seeds look great and are healthy and the other half didnt come up or have those wierd olive looking leaves and no new growth. My other thought was not enough or too much water but they are all getting exact the same amount and the soil seems to be drying consistently, im just going to pull the terrible loking ones and replace it with the 4 newly cracked seedlings

Well ill be switching over to the LED on saturday, not to much to report for the first week of growth, the 4 blueberry seeds all cracked and had nice tap roots so hopefully they will only be about a week behind. I will post some pics on saturday, Im probably going to give about a 5ml/gallon of bio root and bio weed. There seems to be a sativa dominant seedling which may be due to the mysterious pollination so its pretty exciting to see what it turns out like.

Day 7
All plants
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/2013-01-12_22_52_33.jpg[/img

Blueberry 1
[img]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/2013-01-12_22_55_36.jpg

Blueberry 2
2013-01-12_22_53_40.jpg

Blueberry 3
2013-01-12_22_53_25.jpg

Lemon g (this was the one i was going to bonsai, its still stunted a little bit but its looking better everyday)
2013-01-12_22_54_46.jpg

All the other seedlings havent shown much progress so I didnt post any pictures, they look healthy but just slow moving. I had to move the LED up a little bit higher to abt 20" bc some of the leaves were starting to turn a light green and after the move they are looking great. I will slowly lower it over the next week amd a half till its about 6" above the plants.

In about three days i will begin LSting the bigger blueberys, probably with a plain old 90° bend just below the first set of leaves. I know it seems early but i want to make sure i get that bend before the stem gets any less pliable. Also I am waiting on an order from herbies to come in, I ordered afghani kush, and purple(ppp) from homegrown fantaseeds and hindu kush from sensi seeds. My plan is to cross both the kush's with the purple, and then cross those together. making my own brand of purple kush. After this cross depending on which traits are present through out the seedlings ill back cross to insure i lock those in with the parents. Im going to be doing this on a very small scale and have never done this before but i feel confident after reading many breeding guides from memebers here that I can succeed.

I recently did my first crosses. I did Cheese X GDP and Fruity Chronic Juice X GDP. If you want some more info check out my second grow link is in siggy. I am going to develop those strains to their max potential hopefully. :)

Tactical your grow journal was the first one I read and is a bug reason why I am going to give it a try.

Ive always wanted to do it and Ive always loved purple kush but there are so many different kinds that I figured I might as well throw mine into the mix. They believe the original purple kush was a hindu kush crossed with a purple afghani. I went with the purple plant from HGF Seeds because its a pure holland strain they have used for years, the same with their afghani but i had to go with sensi seeds Hindu and this one has me concerned because many people have said that it can have varying pheno types. Sensi's description says its about as pure a hindu kush as you can get and has great consistency. So hopefully the seeds will come by weds and the HK wont be all random phenos and I can get them cross bred in two grows which is possible but unlikely.

Glad you found my journal helpful. I am going to grow some of my F1 Grand Daddy Cheese to make F2 some time in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom