3rd Grow - 1st Generation Hydro - Dark Angel Feminized - Grow Journal 2015

Teena1210

50% Indica/50% Sativa
THC%: 17.19%
CBD: 0.4%
CBN: 2.0%
Genetics: Cheese X Jack Herer

Growing for medical reasons (osteoarthritis) and I love the creativity I feel when I smoke.

I have 2 plants, from seeds, growing under 4 5T lights for about 2 weeks now. Coming along well. Lights 18/6 and about 8 inches away from plants. I have 1 fan blowing on them 24 Hrs.

They are being kept in our large tub in our bathroom. I just changed out my nutes. I am currently using FloraMicro and FloraGro only for aggressive vegetative.

Any comments/suggestions are welcomed. :cheer:

IMG_121729.JPG
IMG_121431.JPG

Looks nice and clean. Girls look happy. Your enviornment looks great, good temps and humidity.
If you are using an iphone for pics, take them with the long axis of the phone horizontal and the volume buttons on the bottom. Then your pics will be right side up! 1st sub!

Thanks! I thought humidity might be a bit high but I'll see after the rain and get closer to flower.

How long in vegetative? I kinda know but looking for some suggestions!

Ya--on the pics--Thanks for the advice!

Humdity may be high for flower but for veg you are fine. Veg will be a matter of preference. I wouldn't veg for a super long time because you are using fluorescent bulbs which don't penetrate very deeply. I would start training those girls to branch out once they get a few more leaf sets. Search LST on the forums and FIM. You will want a very flat table of foliage that is a bit smaller than your fluorescent size, this will give them room to grow in flower. I really don't have a lot of fluorescent experience so look around a bit on the forums.

Hello,
I am no way the guy to tell you about hydro or what is the best way to do it since I have not attempted growing that way yet, though I know a few that are very competent hydro growers and I am sure one will pop in any time now. All I know is from what I have read and seen in videos on the subject. I am curious about a few things though.
1- What is the temp of the water in your reservoir?
2- Can light penetrate into your lower reservoir?
3-What PH are you running?
4- how often are you draining your reservoir?
5- Are you adding only water in between reservoir changes and adjusting PH?
and last
6-What kind of exhaust are you presently using? How often are you changing the air in the the grow area? Or is it an open grow area with no exhaust?

I do believe that if you answer all those questions it will help everyone figure out what is going on.

Oh and as far as the RH% while you are running on the high side I do not think that is an issue.

Hello,
I am no way the guy to tell you about hydro or what is the best way to do it since I have not attempted growing that way yet, though I know a few that are very competent hydro growers and I am sure one will pop in any time now. All I know is from what I have read and seen in videos on the subject. I am curious about a few things though.
1- What is the temp of the water in your reservoir?
2- Can light penetrate into your lower reservoir?
3-What PH are you running?
4- how often are you draining your reservoir?
5- Are you adding only water in between reservoir changes and adjusting PH?
and last
6-What kind of exhaust are you presently using? How often are you changing the air in the the grow area? Or is it an open grow area with no exhaust?

I do believe that if you answer all those questions it will help everyone figure out what is going on.

Oh and as far as the RH% while you are running on the high side I do not think that is an issue.

Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

1. My water temp. in reservoir is room temp. which is about 73-74 degrees

2. No light can penetrate the reservoirs.

3. I am using rain water only and my PH is around 6 give or take

4. I will NOT be draining the reservoir from here on out, unless of course there is trouble. A new mentor suggested I just add nutes and water as it is used up by the plant or evaporated. He said the algae was normal and he also said the hydrogen peroxide method helps control it.

5. I am adding nutes and rain water around when I need a gallon to use between the 2 plants. I am adjusting my nutes to read a PPM of about 1300 and PH at around 6 and temp of water at room temp before adding.

6. The grow area is in our master bathtub which is large. I have 2 fans blowing on them always and I fire up the exhaust fan randomly throughout the day. I open windows in our room to if the temps reach over 70 which they have been during the day still.

7. I have just started LST and that's going well too. Nervous about topping though I'm sure I'll do it. The 1 plant has recovered and is doing much better. I am excited!!

8. I'll post some more pics. in the next few days! :thumb::thumb::peacetwo:

A ph of 5.8 is optimum in hydro. Drifting between 5.6 and 6.1 insures all nutrients a chance to be taken in. Your reservoir temps are a little bit high. Watch for root rot, especially using rain water with who knows what kind of bacteria in it. I use Hydroguard to put good bacteria in my reservoir.

A ph of 5.8 is optimum in hydro. Drifting between 5.6 and 6.2 insures all nutrients a chance to be taken in. Your reservoir temps are a little bit high. Watch for root rot, especially using rain water with who knows what kind of bacteria in it. I use Hydroguard to put good bacteria in my reservoir.

Like I said RM will get you on the right track with the hydro information :bravo:
Though I am not familiar with the technique of not draining the water at least every 7 to 10 days. While I do not grow hydro I did quiet a bit of research into it before I chose soil to grow in and as I recall the #1 failure for hydro is root rot caused from high temps and allege. Perhaps I missed something or just forgot, that does happen a lot I am old and have bad eyes. Any input there on that RM?

I change my reservoir every seven days. I have seen people say they only change it once during a grow, but I am too paranoid to take the chance. My growing season is short here and I have to raise a years worth of meds between Nov and Apr so a lost crop would be devastating. It was bad enough when Q2 jumped out of her basket and committed suicide.

I change my reservoir every seven days. I have seen people say they only change it once during a grow, but I am too paranoid to take the chance. My growing season is short here and I have to raise a years worth of meds between Nov and Apr so a lost crop would be devastating. It was bad enough when Q2 jumped out of her basket and committed suicide.
Suicide? Suicide? Liar liar pants on fire, you flat out murdered that gal. You grabbed her by her ankles, lifted her up until her poor feet just fell right off. Now go say 3 hail Mary's and 2 our fathers and repent you sinner repent:rofl:

I change my reservoir every seven days. I have seen people say they only change it once during a grow, but I am too paranoid to take the chance. My growing season is short here and I have to raise a years worth of meds between Nov and Apr so a lost crop would be devastating---Quote from rifleman

I will for sure look into the hydroguard. I thought rain water would be the best choice???

Because of the particular method I have chose--hydrofarm buckets with a top reservoir, it is going to be difficult to change the water out as the plants increase in size. I will, though keep this in mind and change it out a few times before they get too large. I also can NOT afford to lose the crop to root rot. :high-five:

Be sure to keep you reservoir temps from getting too high if you can, that'll help avoid the rot.

Disclaimer: I have never used rain water, and realize that outdoor plants get plenty of it. However inside a hydro system **I** would fear the additional matter in it. Pollution, acid rain, algae spores from the collection barrel, etc. Just too many things that can go wrong, and in hydro when it goes wrong it goes wrong very fast.

Be sure to keep you reservoir temps from getting too high if you can, that'll help avoid the rot.

Disclaimer: I have never used rain water, and realize that outdoor plants get plenty of it. However inside a hydro system **I** would fear the additional matter in it. Pollution, acid rain, algae spores from the collection barrel, etc. Just too many things that can go wrong, and in hydro when it goes wrong it goes wrong very fast.

Thank you! I will rethink the rain water idea for next time. You are right in that aspect of it. Anything could go wrong. I may not even be able to tell, if it ends up being the rain water with something in it I do not know about. :adore:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom