4 leaves - not 5?

Dr Cannabis

I know this may be a newbie question, because that's what I am. Quite a newbie. But is it normal for a cannabis plant to produce 4 leafs, and not 5?

The strain is Sweet Tooth Auto from Barney's Farm, it's in soil/perlite/leca and the light is a 90W UFO.

4leafs.jpg

Is this normal, or did I just get (un)lucky?

It depends on the specific strain and phenotype. Temperature along with other environmental conditions can also affect this.

My Holy Grail Kush pheno spits out anything from single to seven bladed leaves. Your plant's leaves look healthy. I think that is the main concern.

Just like Humans, Dogs, Cats, and any other species there are some "Birth defects" i call them haha, one of my plants grew the Center leaf shorter than the 4 outer leaves.

It is not normal for cannabis plants to produce leaves with 4 blades. The plant may still turn out to be a good plant to grow.

This does not mean the plant is unhealthy or unstable, nor does it mean it wont produce fantastic buds. there are many reasons why leaves look like that but boils down to stress or genetic defect. I agree its not 'normal' but ive had plants with perfect symetry and looked super healthy that gave me shit yield and bud quality and ive had plants with defects give me some of the best bud ever. My old A.M.S mother plant that i had for around 4 years had defects but i'd of put that up against anyones strain for commercial growing. its the only strain that ive gotten 12 dry oz off only 17 days veg.

If the plant looks healthy as a whole dont worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom