4 Pots Wilma - RQS Critical & Blue Gelato

somename

Hello guys. This is my very first journal and I'm happy to post the girls to you. Also I will be very pleased if you could help me identify what's is wrong with them. Since I'm colorblind, I struggle to understand what the girls are trying to tell me.

A little about the grow:

This is my first attempt on Wilma and I'm growing 2 Critical and 1 Blue Gelato and the last one is a seed that came with a flower I bought sometime ago. My reservoir has 50 Liters and I'm using clay pebbles. I started the seeds on rock wool.

The girls are now at their 4th week of flowering, actually I changed to 12-12 on June 26th, so maybe they took 4-5 days until show their first pistils.

I have a room with a portable air conditioner in it, and I bought a dehumidifier for the inside of the grow tent. I have also a under pump so my water is always moving and since the roots got to the reservoir I toss an air pump as well. Also I have a monkey fan and more two on the ground. I have an inline intake and an exhaust fan.
My light is a lumatek zeus 460w for a 1.2 meters tent.

the temperature floats around 25 degrees and 20 degrees and the humidity floats around 80% - 50%

Since I'm a noob at all, growing my second time in life I decided to go for Advanced Nutrients ph perfect and I'm using the following:
- Sensi Bloom A+B
- Voodoo Juice
- BigBud
- B-52
- Overdrive
- Piranha
- BudCandy
- Flawless Finish

As colorblind guy I'm having some issues trying to understand what the leaves try to tell me.

The feeding schedule: 15 minutes every 3 hours only during light on. 5 feeds per day. I'm also using RO water.

Well at the Botton of this I got only "Insert Quotes" So I can't attach any picture here.

For some reason the "Attach Button" only appears on reply.

tempImagebxWtF7.png

tempImage3NfuzI.png

tempImageGdFAgH.png

tempImageVZ41GG.png

tempImagemY5Hq3.png

tempImageaeg1IC.png

tempImageUVRUeT.png

tempImageRgrDuD.png

tempImageFwmd8E.png

I was reading online that when you use RO water you need to supplement with cal/mag unless if you are using the Sensi line of AN. What do you guys think of that?

tempImageRuwKXb.png

tempImagenH4Z3i.png

tempImage7GfdQw.png

tempImagerabO9w.png

tempImageeaOaal.png

tempImageftOBlf.png

tempImageoCAth6.png

@somename I think I was mistaken about a straight up calcium deficiency. I hadn't seen your uglier photos of the lower fan leaves, which make me think of overwatering. Overwatering can often look like a calcium deficiency in part. But yours have symptoms that overwatering produces as well, the drooping leaves, dead and dry leaf parts. You are watering you plants too much! The plant is suffocating from lack of oxygen. Here check this out: 5 Surprising Signs of Overwatering | Grow Weed Easy

@somename I think I was mistaken about a straight up calcium deficiency. I hadn't seen your uglier photos of the lower fan leaves, which make me think of overwatering. Overwatering can often look like a calcium deficiency in part. But yours have symptoms that overwatering produces as well, the drooping leaves, dead and dry leaf parts. You are watering you plants too much! The plant is suffocating from lack of oxygen. Here check this out: 5 Surprising Signs of Overwatering | Grow Weed Easy

I think you might be right!

I noticed that the roots from the botton of the pots is always in contact with water, because in my wilma system when the water is at a full level it tends to come up from the draining holes, soaking the channel that leads water back to resevoir. Thinking on that I bought an airpump with two air stones and I'm trying to oxigenate the water. But I did it last friday (July 22th), so maybe the plant havent recover yet.

Edit: also those roots are exposed to the little light that can penetrate the dense canopy. Do you think this light could hurt the roots?

Thank you very much for your response!

:welcome: to the community @somename
Yes, you should def be adding CaMg
At that stage of flowering, PK defs also show up a lot, so maybe check your cumulative NPK numbers
Add some H2O2 to the res if you think the roots may be drowning, but that is not what is manifest on your leaves

Thanks for the welcoming, Roy!

I was giving them the whole dosage from the budlabs app and after put all the ferts the EC number it was around 2.3 or something. So I thought it could be overfert and I dropped to half dosage. Also the resevoir PH is always at 7.5 with the ph perfect fert. Do you think I should go for the whole dosage again?

So do you think this is not over watering but is calcium deficience? What is a cumulative NPK numbers?

Thanks for your help!

pH 7.5? That is your problem right there my friend - around pH 5.6-6.0 is generally the target in hydro
See the NPK value of each product you are using
Without going into complicated maths working out percentages, the ratio should be something like 2-5-4 when divided by the lowest common denominator
Rough rule of thumb, but if you add up the values and get 12-25-15 that is a ratio of roughly 2 : 5 : 3
Once you get the ratio right you will not need as much feed so your EC should be about 1.8 if not less (1.2)
Sod the app, look at your plants Dude :cool:

pH 7.5? That is your problem right there my friend - around pH 5.6-6.0 is generally the target in hydro
See the NPK value of each product you are using
Without going into complicated maths working out percentages, the ratio should be something like 2-5-4 when divided by the lowest common denominator
Rough rule of thumb, but if you add up the values and get 12-25-15 that is a ratio of roughly 2 : 5 : 3
Once you get the ratio right you will not need as much feed so your EC should be about 1.8 if not less (1.2)
Sod the app, look at your plants Dude :cool:

I ask the guys from Advanced Nutrients about the reservoir water PH above 6.5. They told me that when using the ph perfect I should never try to correct the PH, because of the buffering the add to the ferts would work if the PH do not get too high like 8 or 9.

I lack of confidence for dropping the app and feeding schedule because this is my second grow in life, first hydroponics, so...

I ask the guys from Advanced Nutrients about the reservoir water PH above 6.5. They told me that when using the ph perfect I should never try to correct the PH, because of the buffering the add to the ferts would work if the PH do not get too high like 8 or 9.

I lack of confidence for dropping the app and feeding schedule because this is my second grow in life, first hydroponics, so...
Fair enough - good luck with your grow Amigo :cool:

Hello guys, how are you?

on last Saturday I changed the whole water of the reservoir and decided to go again with full budlabs dosage. After putting all the ferts I waited about half hour to the underwater pump do its work and check for the ph and EC numbers:
ph: 6.2
EC: 2.9

the amount of ferts for the 6th week of flowering. Hoping the deficiencies go away this week.

Buds look great my friend :welldone:.
Do you put calmag in your water first, and give it 10 minutes to bond before you add nutrients?
I'd drop the pH to 5.8 in hydro. :thumb:
Keep up the good work.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Buds look great my friend :welldone:.
Do you put calmag in your water first, and give it 10 minutes to bond before you add nutrients?
I'd drop the pH to 5.8 in hydro. :thumb:
Keep up the good work.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
thanks man, I appreciate you telling me this about the buds :ganjamon:

No man, I’m not using cal/mag at all. Do you think this can be a cal/mag deficiencie?

I thought the ANs sensi line would supply all the cal/mag the plants would ever need, even using RO water, so I never get to buy it cal/mag.
you are now the second person asking me about cal/mag I think I should buy it then.

can I hurt the plants if I add cal/mag?

Back
Top Bottom