1 Strain - 4 Pots - 500 Grams

Hugh Splith

This will be my 3rd attempt at growing bud. I had 6 plants in my last grow (see my last thread) and finished with a measly 16 grams of smoke worthy bud, but it was a 3 and half month crash course on growing for me and I learned a lot.

This time around I have more confidence, knowledge and time on my hands to make this a success. Bare in mind that I am still very much an amateur, so I will need as much input from experienced growers as possible.

The goal is to have 16 to 18 ounces of cured bud from 4 plants. I have worked out the grow setup I want to achieve this with, and I will purchase and start as soon I get a 2nd opinion (or 2, or 3) on if it is a feasible plan.

The ingredients:
Original Sour Diesel Fem. (The Cali Connection)
4 Pot Wilma System - w/Air-Pots
Organic Coco Coir
2x 340w CFL light (BLUE/VEG)
2x 340w CFL light (RED/FLWR)
Advanced Nutrients 'Sensi Coco Grow'
Advanced Nutrients 'pH Perfect Connoisseur Coco Bloom'

And all of this will in a tent of the respective size.

I've set my sights on the Sour due to it's reputation amongst smokers, it's yield ability and the fact that I've never even seen it in the flesh, let alone smoked it.
The coco as a medium is due to me being familiar with it, and I personally believe these plants prefer it.
The nutrients were recommended to me by a grower I met who vouched for them, and the online reviews are pretty good.
The Wilma setup is very new to me but seems like the perfect step up from feeding by hand.
The Air-Pots for optimum root growth and hopefully for bigger, healthier plants.
The CFL's for there low heat signature and a slight reduction in running costs.

Now, I do have some queries that I would like to clear up before I start the grow. The first being the Air-Pots in the Wilma setup
CdFe5NRW8AAMyK9.jpg

This is the only pic (on the WHOLE entire internet) that I could find. It seems like I can't actually buy this setup, but I can buy a Wilma and replace the square pots with Air-Pots. But what size Wilma do I need? And what size Air-Pots will fit said Wilma?

My other concern is the lights. In my last grow I used one 300w Dual Spectrum CFL for six plants. This time around I'm going to use 2 340w CFL's on four plants. The idea is to have one hanging above a 2 pots (x2). Now these bulbs are HUGE, and I need to know if the heat will be an issue at all. I mean, it's practically 680w of constant light. Is it still better than a 600w HPS? I know those things get ruthlessly hot.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

Well I'll start by saying that sour diesel is awesome. Great sativa. Having said that I hope you have some training in mind so it doesn't get too tall. If you want to pull a pound for 4 plants, expect at least 8 to 10 weeks of veg time and the long up 12 weeks flower.

For for the system you have going on, it almost looks like that tub will act as a reservoir is that correct? As for CFLS, they do put off some heat. So I hope you have an idea about an exhaust system. We have 2 600 HPS in a 4x4 and have a 6" in line fan running full bore and maintain 81 degrees. Check out stihl logger and his Shiney space box of CFLS. He would have a better idea on that. Best of luck with this, I'll tag along if you don't mind

Hi Nismo,
Thanks for joining in. You're spot on about the system. Have a look at this
[video]

That is the one I've had my eye on, although I want to mod it like the one in the pic I posted earlier. I need to how to do it right though. What size Air-Pots? I think the Wilma in the vid looks bigger than the one in the pic, but I could be wrong. Either way, the pic came with minimal information but it is proof the it can work.

As for the lights, could you post the link to that guys thread. I need to be sure. I can tell you that the last CFL I used never caused any temperature issues and I could put the light just a few inches above the plants without burning any of them.

Thanks Again

@canna_montana Yes you have. Bare with me whilst I sort out the setup. Need to get it right.

@Nismo12 I've had a look at his grow, but can't really see what kind of light setup he has. I'm guessing it's a bunch of small CFL's that add up to 600w.

I'm really looking for someone with experience in Wilma systems, and someone who can explain the science part of the CFL's.

I am yet to go to my local hydro shop. Maybe they'll have some answers for me.

I can tell you that I'm running 8 x 42W 5500k CFL's (42 is actual wattage, not equivalent) and if I don't run a fan, they raise the temperature in my grow room (a spare bathroom with no windows) to 86F when the rest of the house is 68F. With the bathroom vent fan on, I'm able to keep the temp to a consistent 74-81F. I haven't moved them to their grow box in the garage, yet, but I suspect that I will need to run my exhaust fan all the time as well, and maybe get a speed controller to go with it.

1666763996419.png

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom