Strain Hunters, Serious Chronic Hydro Grow

Just read from page 1 up til now. Looking good man. Since you are going to flower your mothers what will you do for future clones?

Cheers for stopin in m8, At the min ive got my propagtor packed so im gona pick one of the healthest clones and send her into motherhood plus id still be able to pack my flowering tent when they root for me, im just very inpatient and this way works out sweet i think :peace:

Plants looking nice :popcorn: Serious strains :rollit:

Cheers man, i cant wait to see these sativa ladys my mouths watering just thinkin about them lol :peace:

Ok guys, first of all the 2x Chronic mothers ive put into flower have started to show signs of gorgeous bud and its only been 6 days since they've been on 11/13 yeha.
I know ya cant see much cause my cameras crap but heres a few pics anyway...............................

IMG_01114.JPG

Next ive put my clones into veg and to harden, as you can see ive run out of clay balls and im skint to so £15 for a new bag isnt happenin at the min so their just gona have to make do for a wile.
My nutes im useing on veg are :

Sensi grow A - 50ml
Sensi grow B - 50ml
Voodoo Juice - 60ml
Tranchula - 7g
Scorpion juice - 40ml

Heres a few pics ....................................

clones36.JPG

IMG_01034.JPG

And last of all the Strawberry Haze and the new Chronic mother are lookin well, but im conserned about the H/Snow which hasnt showed any growth what so ever so im a bit pissed with this, anyway heres a pic.

IMG_01193.JPG

And once again cheers for stoppin by :peace:

Looking Good strain hunter,

Whats that building up on some of the rockwall cubes? is that algee? be carefull my friend you dont want roots getting covered in that.

Cheers man, i know its doin my head in, its only cause the lights gettin at the top of em, im gona cut up some white A4 paper and make sleves to cover the top of the rockwool just for the time being till i get some more clay balls, im gona have to do somethin.
Cheers for stoppin by m8 :peace:

Happy days, all the clones are showing signs of new growth, some more than others but im not complaining, i covered the tops of the exposed rockwool with a few clay balls as the light gettin at moist cubes was turning a couple of them green, so crisis averted lol.

All the Chronic clones
IMG_00323.JPG

And again
IMG_00312.JPG

Close up of a Chronic clone
IMG_00335.JPG

I thought the H/Snow was a goner but has been showing new growth also so im delighted by this because some pictures ive found online of the H/Snows colas are huge and tasty looking, uummmm colas.
There was a pic but ya couldnt even see it so i'll just wait till she grows or my camera decides to steal a few extra mega pixcles from somewhere.

The Strawberry Haze is going well but the leaves are very fat which i thought was a indica domment characteristic and as the Strawberry Haze is sativa domment im a bit baffled by this, but shes lookin sweet all the same.

IMG_00273.JPG

The 2 Chronic girls buds are massave for 8 days since 11/13 lighting scedule was interduced, to compair this chronic strain to Cheese, it took almost 21 days/3 weeks to get to this size of buds on the cheese.
Serious Seeds advise you not to top this strain but as i was useing these two for mothers i toped em to get as many new growth tips as possible and at the min their lookin smashing, i realy dont see why they say that cause if i can turn 2 main colas into 8-10 main colas and the plant seems sweet thats what im gona do :peace:

IMG_00238.JPG

IMG_00206.JPG

Sorry bout the blurry shots, once again my cameras as usefull as a 1 armed snooker player :peace:

Yes they look much better.....think your over that one..... what kind of fertlizer do you use?:slide:

Yea man at last lol, im running a lot of the advanced line and im delighted with AN.
To be more specific : 70ltr tank................
Sensi Bloom A - 75ml
Sensi Bloom B - 75ml
Voodoo Juice - 140ml
Tranchla powder - 2 grams
Scorpion Juice - 70ml
C02 Tabs - x2
EC - 2.0
PH - 5.6
The only reason the EC is that high at this stage is because i heard/read somewhere that the chronic flourish with an aggressive scedule and they seem to be lovin it !
Cheers for stopin by OGD :peace:

Strain, what's up? Just caught up again. I like the setup. Looks pretty organized. 2 things i noticed that I'd like to address.1) Since u ran out of room to transplant ur Grodan Cubes u can aleays place then in a propagation tray with a mild nute solution until u can get another bucket/bag. I've left cubes in a prop tray for up to a month due to lack of room to transplant. The roots get long as hell and grow into drain hole in prop tray and will rot if not tended to correctly. WHat I mean by this is the solution in the tray must be agitated at lest once a day to prevent root rot. Just a suggestion. The roots how ever will grow down (out of the bottom of the cube) and out (out along the bottom of the tray). When trans planting I slowly rotate the Grodan block as I lower into a prepared hole in the media. Hope this helps a little.
2)As for the topping. When a mother is topped it creates more growth tips, thus creating more sites for cutting the desirable tops for propagation. When a plant is continuously topped like this, the resulting tops will not typically produce nearly as much (per cola) as the main cola would had the plant went unprunned. The breeder may have suggested not topping because u have the potential to great a great yield from a single cola plant or because the plant may be a multi branching variety that is had to control side/lateral branching. This is just my 2 cents, hope it helps.

Strain, what's up? Just caught up again. I like the setup. Looks pretty organized. 2 things i noticed that I'd like to address.1) Since u ran out of room to transplant ur Grodan Cubes u can aleays place then in a propagation tray with a mild nute solution until u can get another bucket/bag. I've left cubes in a prop tray for up to a month due to lack of room to transplant. The roots get long as hell and grow into drain hole in prop tray and will rot if not tended to correctly. WHat I mean by this is the solution in the tray must be agitated at lest once a day to prevent root rot. Just a suggestion. The roots how ever will grow down (out of the bottom of the cube) and out (out along the bottom of the tray). When trans planting I slowly rotate the Grodan block as I lower into a prepared hole in the media. Hope this helps a little.
2)As for the topping. When a mother is topped it creates more growth tips, thus creating more sites for cutting the desirable tops for propagation. When a plant is continuously topped like this, the resulting tops will not typically produce nearly as much (per cola) as the main cola would had the plant went unprunned. The breeder may have suggested not topping because u have the potential to great a great yield from a single cola plant or because the plant may be a multi branching variety that is had to control side/lateral branching. This is just my 2 cents, hope it helps.

Well BWC hows tricks m8, i know what ya meen about the roots on the exposed rockwool girls, their just startin to root through the cubes now so tomorrow im picking up another bag of clay balls for the extra 2 spots in the system, i'll keep your idea in mind where this is conserned, its good to know that your method can keep them healthy for up to a month :thanks:

And as for no:2 i see what your sayin m8, i toped the girls around 3 1/2 weeks before induceing flowering so the new growth tips have got around 2ft above the toped part of the girls (if ya get me) so they've had a good bit of time to heal and are lookin great, i am supprised with the amount of bud production this early on in the flowering stage, im lovin this Chronic strain already.

I feel a small experment comin on, all my clones are not getting toped and will be flowered when they reach around 50cm so there will be the perfect comparrisan to the Chronic toped and the Chronic not toped.

Cheers for your 2 cents m8, its good to get a bit of constructive advice compaired to everyone sayin everythings perfect so :thanks: m8 :peace:

no bicycle?

lol i think ive gota be the unfitest guy on this planet, ive got my wee girls trike but that would be a funny sight, a 6ft 5" guy on a 1/2ft trike wit a huge bag of clay balls on his back peddling with all his might lol, maybe in another life BWC m8 :peace:

Just caught up on your grow Strain. Very clean and well organized by the looks of it and it sounds like you know your stuff when it comes to the nutes. As for hydro it has always intrigued me but im so new at this i decided to start out in soil. Cant wait to see that strawberry haze grow im in for this one :popcorn:

Just caught up on your grow Strain. Very clean and well organized by the looks of it and it sounds like you know your stuff when it comes to the nutes. As for hydro it has always intrigued me but im so new at this i decided to start out in soil. Cant wait to see that strawberry haze grow im in for this one :popcorn:

Cheers m8, i started out in hydro and had to learn really fast, i was growin 49 Cheese girls in a homemade NFT system on my first attempt, loved the science behind it, so i sorta through myself in the deep end and came out the other end with a below average harvest but i learned a lot along the way.
I cant wait for the Strawberry Haze myself, its only 11.something % THC so its not gona be the strongest but im gona let her flower for 12 weeks instead of the recomended 11, doin this is supposed to make the colas explode with top flavours.
Cheers for stopin by m8, keep her lit :peace:

Comparative Growing

I feel a small experment comin on, all my clones are not getting topped and will be flowered when they reach around 50cm so there will be the perfect comparrisan to the Chronic toped and the Chronic not topped.
I love comparative grows. This will give u good reference points on what to expect in future grows (of same strain). I saw very definitive differences between topped, un prunned, super cropped, and LSTed plants every time I used any of these methods. Good luck and take good pics. Keep us posted and keep up the good work. I'm beginning to like ur growing style. U really appear to buckling down, I like that.

Back
Top Bottom