HID/LED Budmaster II 675XG - Barneys Farm Blue Cheese - Wilma

Psgcmm

Hi All,

I've trawled the forums for a couple of years and am well versed in the pitfalls and potential of both HID and LED.
LED gets alot of stick and rightly so with the awful quality produced out there but i think if you're prepared to spend the money you should be seeing some decent results!

Reason for growing is i have had back problems for many years and sweet mary is the only thing that eases the pain. Hoping to get enough out of this so i can pack away enough to last me for many many months.

I have researched extensively for a couple of years so hopefully i can pull something substantial. This is my first Hydro venture. I am used to seeing plants in Biobizz soil with airpots using the full Biobizz line so we'll see what the crack is here!

Seeds popped July 1st under T5 24w bulb in 1" Rockwool. :cheer:
11 planted - 10 popped, picked 8 quickest, nicest looking lil darlings and cast 2 aside.
Transplanted into 3" Rockwool cubes after 7 days and transplanted into Wilma a couple of days after that.
You should know that i only count Veg time from when they enter the main system.
Vegging for 6 weeks in the Wilma so flipping to 12/12 August 23rd but depending on how happy i am with size we could go another week.

Setup my environment with the following:
Canna Aqua - Everything on shelf (except start) + Dutchmaster Zone
600 Watt bulb + digital Ballast
675 Watt LED (380 actual draw)
8 x Barneys Farm Blue Cheese (From Seed)
2x XL 4 Pot Wilma (Rockwool, Clay Pebbles, holes drilled through top tray so roots can grow straight into res, air pump/Stones in res)
2.4 x 1.2 x 2.0 Tent
8" Acoustic box fan Out (1000m3/hr)
5" TD Silent Fan inline (500m3/hr)
SMS Twin Fan speed controller
Tri Meter for PH/EC/Temp
Ioniser/Ozone generator which has ability to pump ozone through airline into the res

photo_2442.JPG
photo_1_1_41.JPG
photo_5196.JPG
photo_5_1_7.JPG
photo_3362.JPG
photo_2_1_37.JPG
photo_1500.JPG

Res temps over the last 2 weeks have been 23-27c so im rotating ice bottles. Also pumping ozone into Res every other day in which DM zone is also being used to keep baddies at bay.
Temps in tent ~30c which of course isnt great but getting down to some more normal levels now.
Growth was slow at first but roots are out of the pot but not quite in the Res yet so expecting something magical when that does happen.
PH floating between 5.6 and 6.2 and EC at ~1 using Vega, Rhizo, cannazym and zone in filtered hard water with a EC of .4. Already done 1 res change the other day in which plants are drinking very quickly but drinking water and nutes at a level rate with small PH fluctuation but EC staying same.

LED is fixed to very top of tent and had on full blast which resulted in lots of leaf but very tight spacing and made them look quite small in comparison to the HID but now that i have turned the power down they seem to be spacing much better.
I had a plant which had an early deformed leaf on the LED side and aalso have a plant on the HID side which is displaying a deficiency of some kind... Possibly calcium as i know i havnt really let PH drift over 6 that often so perhaps the cause but only 1 plant showing symptoms(will show in pics tomorrow)

Already topped once and started supercropping branches to allow uniform growth. Once the roots hit the res ill probably have to top again with SCROG net being a viable option in a couple of weeks time.

photo_4286.JPG
photo_3_1_29.JPG

photo_4_1_19.JPG
photo_3_2_22.JPG
photo_2_2_35.JPG
photo_1_2_37.JPG

Peace

Opti

got to tag along for this new member here and planning starting a grow next week with a budmaster 300xg and 4 autoflowers so journal will be coming but this one ill deffo be around for .keep up the good work..peace

Looking great in here. Really nice setup! I'm a Budmaster man myself at present and I'm very happy indeed. Anyyway this looks like a great journal in the making. So ill tag along for the ride :)

Hey man,

Thanks for dropping by! Im glad to hear you say you're happy with BM. I havnt heard anything bad about them tbf. How did you find the node spacing using BM? I had my 675 at full power from start and its really set them back (although catching up nicely now). I clearly underestimated the power of this light!

People seem to report a big difference in Leaf structure from what i've seen but im not noticing much difference. Perhaps looking a little greener on the LED side but maybe its all to come.

Will upload some new pics next week, supercropping frequently now which is spacing them out nicely and making stems really thick skinned; doesnt appear to be effecting growth much either. Will probably stop bullying them next week and just start tying branches down to let them get on with last few weeks of serious Veg!

Again - glad you're subbd man, always good to have the experience on side. If you ever see anything off or have suggestions feel free to pitch in.

Thanks

Peace

Opti

Couple photos of beginning of week 4 now.
Done supercropping and now going to defoliate and tie down all arms tonight/tomo and will post more pics of the crimescene!
image12629.jpg

image12628.jpg

Looking all kinds of nice still! :)
Yep BM lights are a little powerful lol. I'm running the 1200 X-G and am having to run at 50% every other day, so as not to stress my girls out to much. Your girls being quite compact at present is a good thing, as once flipped you should get some great vert!
My lot were already established and mature. I flipped and even my fluxes (my style of training) grew like crazy during stretch! :)

Thanks man!
I have read your Fluxing guide which i totally forgot to give +rep to (just did). Absolutely solid method and im sure you have received the well deserved thanks and following already.
I'm far to late to try it now but will be trying that next time round.
Going to have to go through tying each one down and letting them go. Still have a solid 3 weeks of Veg left so thinking we will have filled out much more by then.
Im so confused with the BM.... How can a light drawing less than 200w on 50% at 5ft be growing better than at 100% 5ft away!
Cant wait to flip!
Thanks again for stopping by! Check out tomo after pics uploaded!

I have the answer there my friend! :) it isn't lol.
Basically, young plants under BM lights get so tight with spacing, under the full hit of PAR power.This might make it seem that they are doing less at the time, but they're actually going nuts! I can say through my own recent experience that when you flip you will get awesome growth no matter the maturity of the plants. As I'm sure you know, plants trained in certain styles and plants that are more mature stretch less than a normal plant. With BM and even my harsh training etc my girls still went nuts in comparison to all other grows I've ever done under hps. (That's a lot lol) So in short the compact busy spacing is needed early on, all is then prepared for the big expansion in growth later on! :)

I'm new to LED and BM myself. Yet luckily I'm friends with the developer/owner since becoming involved with them. You could in theory, as some do, run your plants really close to a BM light. If your plants are healthy and the footprint isn't an issue, they won't burn or hurt your girls. Although to be honest I'm more for the footprint and utilization of the raw power! :)

I'm in no way arguing with you here but my gut is telling me otherwise. If you look in my earlier pictures you'll see that they almost looked stunted. Leaves were looking very small and some twisting slightly as they were sitting right on top of each other too. It just didnt look healthy! I considered many other factors but couldnt see any other problems it could be.
Maybe your right but as soon as i turned to half power, within 24 hours they started spreading out better width and height. Very confusing all this i must say!
The HPS side looked so much better before the switch to half power.

Cool man! You seem to know much more than me. Will maybe give them a lil on/off blast of full power after tieing down n see how she goes.
Thanks for your input.
Keep it coming!

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom