4 Strain Grow Started March 5 2017 - G-13 - Erk Train x Deadhead OG - Facewreck

Nearing end of day 20.... lights out at 10am
I did the lights on at night to keep the actual night temps up in the basement , and with summer coming I don't like to run them in the peak of the hot summer days - always keeping an eye on temps and humidity , averaging 65% RH and 70degrees ...New England weather is so inconsistent lol
Any way here they are at the end of day 20- these girls know what I like to see!
Only thing I did last night was tuck and fold some growth in the scrog- no water no nutes -
Was also happy to find 3 more clones w/ roots so transplanted them to dirt - I'll be honest my clone game needs some help- but 7 rooted ain't too bad for a rusty farmer -.- probably going to add an aero rooter after I harvest .

420-magazine-mobile1158311306.jpg
420-magazine-mobile366564060.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2007440940.jpg
420-magazine-mobile24743258.jpg

Fresh pics after tuckin and a watering for the facewreck & erk train, just added a gallon of plain to the very diluted 1/4 gallon I had left , and watered to runoff... other 2 plants were still heavy enough to skip ....

Don't worry ladies I'm gonna smoke each and everyone of you exactly the same .
420-magazine-mobile1176061968.jpg

I think it's start of day 21 ....so a few more pics before the lights go out in the morning

Also thought y'all would enjoy this picture!!. came in a bag I got at the store yesterday lol
420-magazine-mobile518642733.jpg

Heya Phil!

Found you!! Everything is looking good I am just a little behind you. My girls are 18 days into flower!

I quoted the carrot because it's a POLYPLOID!! A genetic mutation that creates monster fruits, veggies, and guess what?... even cannabis. As a matter a fact I have a polyploid plant in my grow. They create massive double/triple/quintuple dong buds. Us polyploid parents even have a thread documenting their awesomeness...

I'll switch over to my PC so I can link it... if you think that carrot is big... you should see some of the polyploid buds!

Post your Polyploids

Do you mind if I steal your carrot pic to share with the poly parents?

xxKitty

Heya Phil!

Found you!! Everything is looking good I am just a little behind you. My girls are 18 days into flower!

I quoted the carrot because it's a POLYPLOID!! A genetic mutation that creates monster fruits, veggies, and guess what?... even cannabis. As a matter a fact I have a polyploid plant in my grow. They create massive double/triple/quintuple dong buds. Us polyploid parents even have a thread documenting their awesomeness...

I'll switch over to my PC so I can link it... if you think that carrot is big... you should see some of the polyploid buds!

Post your Polyploids

Do you mind if I steal your carrot pic to share with the poly parents?

xxKitty
Thanks for the cool info!
Help yourself - that carrot wasn't that big , but it looks like a woman with her legs wrapped around a dudes waist to me

Such a tease-
420-magazine-mobile1700491240.jpg

420-magazine-mobile479612810.jpg
420-magazine-mobile20152729.jpg

Noticing that I have inadvertently forced all four "main" kolas to scrog to the outside 4 corners .... this will be great so they don't get burned as they are taller than the rest , and will be able to lean when they get heavy .

I never topped any of these and hope I don't regret it !
The erk train came in as a double top or "Y" shaped plant from clone .

Headed into day 21 - no turning back now !!! Shit is on '
420-magazine-mobile1403024884.jpg
420-magazine-mobile966417773.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1336786792.jpg
420-magazine-mobile249501730.jpg

Got a few different hygrometers - I'm running 75-80 % humidity and avg. 68 degrees at plant base.... 75 degrees and 50-60 % humidity at scrog level.
91 degrees and 30% humidity above the light ......
can I have a tornado in the tent with all this high low clash??
Or is this what RH means ? Combined average ? Where I need it the humidity is perfect

Headed into day 21 - no turning back now !!! Shit is on '
Got a few different hygrometers - I'm running 75-80 % humidity and avg. 68 degrees at plant base.... 75 degrees and 50-60 % humidity at scrog level.
91 degrees and 30% humidity above the light ......
can I have a tornado in the tent with all this high low clash??
Or is this what RH means ? Combined average ? Where I need it the humidity is perfect

Wow... I didn't realize we are on the exact same flower time line! Today is 20 days into flower for me!

I have my thermostat set for 40% humidity since I switched to flower.... I have a minisplit so that makes things very easy. My room is set at 40% but I'm sure it gets a little higher when you get in the thick of the the plants.... but 80% is real high for flower. Even the 60% at scrog level seems a bit high. May be time to invest in a dehumidifier... or go all out and get a mini split for your grow room so you can set heat, cool, and humidity without having to vent out any air...

If the area where the buds/sites are is consistently above 50% your chances of bud rot go up... I see you have fans oscillating inside your tent so it's curious that you are getting such diverse readings. How long had it been since you watered when you took those readings? For the 24 hours after watering I have to lower the remote to 30% RH and my room still sits around 45-60% for 24 hours after water.

The scrog looks nice and even. My plants are a bit more... unruly. This was right after lights out last night.
420-magazine-mobile1974425232.jpg

Now I'm excited for the real flower power to kick in!

Hope you can wrangle in the humidity. Once you do you are golden!

XxKitty

Ok - end of week three - looking sexy .. I'm not neeming any more and I still don't have any pests - don't want to get neem in my flowers ..
gonna keep feeding on as needed schedule.
Hopefully we are on auto pilot for the next 5-6 weeks
420-magazine-mobile444287918.jpg
420-magazine-mobile751480807.jpg
420-magazine-mobile816559212.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1896914969.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1928058120.jpg

Concerned a bit about the humidity being so different from the top to the bottom of the tent- so I'm headed to the store today to get a small 4" fan to hang at the very top above the light blowing the dry hot air down - I'm thinking this will balance it out

Wow... I didn't realize we are on the exact same flower time line! Today is 20 days into flower for me!

I have my thermostat set for 40% humidity since I switched to flower.... I have a minisplit so that makes things very easy. My room is set at 40% but I'm sure it gets a little higher when you get in the thick of the the plants.... but 80% is real high for flower. Even the 60% at scrog level seems a bit high. May be time to invest in a dehumidifier... or go all out and get a mini split for your grow room so you can set heat, cool, and humidity without having to vent out any air...

If the area where the buds/sites are is consistently above 50% your chances of bud rot go up... I see you have fans oscillating inside your tent so it's curious that you are getting such diverse readings. How long had it been since you watered when you took those readings? For the 24 hours after watering I have to lower the remote to 30% RH and my room still sits around 45-60% for 24 hours after water.

The scrog looks nice and even. My plants are a bit more... unruly. This was right after lights out last night.
420-magazine-mobile1974425232.jpg

Now I'm excited for the real flower power to kick in!

Hope you can wrangle in the humidity. Once you do you are golden!

XxKitty

lol I was posting about the humidity at the same time as you too sis! I guess it's a race to the finish!
My g-13 & master kush are 55 day plants , and the erk train & facewreck are 70 days - I am starting to drool !

Great minds! .

Also- I'm in a basement that's a bit on the damp side , so I have a fan on high blowing away from the tent - it's been rainy here the past few days so the humidity is thick all around - I think once I'm pushing the air down from above the light it will drop - fingers crossed , headed to store now

Also didn't have ANY humidity levels issues with MH lamp.... all started with HPS switch and 12/12

I think it has more to do with 12/12 than the HPS as I have Mars2 1200 led and I didn't even have to set the dehumidifier setting on my remote until after the switch to 12/12. Something above the plants transpiring through their leaves in dark cycle??? I read about it but I read so much these days.... things get a little mush moshed brain crossed.

Ok 30 minutes til lights out ..... installed this $6 fan at the top ....
420-magazine-mobile2133393892.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1542780865.jpg

Watched the temps go up a tick and the humidity has gone down 5 points since i put it on 3 minutes ago.
Make that 6 points .....

Ok 30 minutes til lights out ..... installed this $6 fan at the top ....
420-magazine-mobile2133393892.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1542780865.jpg

Watched the temps go up a tick and the humidity has gone down 5 points since i put it on 3 minutes ago.
Make that 6 points .....

7 points lol
8 points
I do believe it's working!!!
And 15 minutes later here- 77 degrees F at scrog level , humidity has dropped about 20% already

420-magazine-mobile1117412003.jpg

Gonna be a frosty girl!
Lights out so see you after work tonight !
420-magazine-mobile562669378.jpg
420-magazine-mobile685627531.jpg

Maybe I'll do a slight defoliation tonight too, that canopy may be trapping the humidity too

I think it has more to do with 12/12 than the HPS as I have Mars2 1200 led and I didn't even have to set the dehumidifier setting on my remote until after the switch to 12/12. Something above the plants transpiring through their leaves in dark cycle??? I read about it but I read so much these days.... things get a little mush moshed brain crossed.

Oh yah when I was tucking I saw actual water on a leaf from another leaf- this was very alarming to me as I didn't water last night - so hence my emergency fan lol

Back
Top Bottom