• DJBweeden420

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keith Lake

420 Emeritus
420 Staff
Nug-Month_new.jpg

We are now accepting nominations for the Nug of the Month contest.

Please submit a photo of your best nug (there is a separate contest thread for plants.) The nug must be your own, either purchased or grown. Optionally, we'd love to hear about the strain, taste, aroma, potency, effect, weight or any other frosty details that you're willing to share.

Once all nominations are in, we will begin voting for a winner. The contest will be open through the last day of the month.

Each first place winner will receive 50 extra rep points and the title "Nug of the Month Winner". Second and third place winners receive 25 and 10 points respectively. Monthly first place winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Nug of the Year" contest; to be held in January.

Rules:

1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own nug. The nug photo may include several nugs or a cola.

2. Entries must include ONLY photos of the nug. But you may add one photo as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro.

3. Maximum of two photos per member. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

4. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting it on this thread.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

5. Self-nominations only.

-------------------
Consolidated Entries For September

Tunes420
IMG_01503.JPG

IMG_01514.JPG

greenisland
100_0873_-_Copy.jpg

100_0884_-_Copy.jpg

Motox683
motox.jpg

outdo0rmaster
Godsend_cured_1.jpg

420_NUG.jpg

Arising Green
8-23-8_012.jpg

8-23-8_011.jpg

Hightide805
DSC012064.JPG

Doctor Dread
0705.JPG

004184.JPG

420fied
sepnug_1.jpg

sepnug_2.jpg

DGMGH
GDP15.JPG

setting sun
IMG_1823_Medium.JPG

IMG_1852_Medium.JPG

Mr Smith
DSC01254_007_edited-1.jpg

DSC01267_020_edited-1.jpg

DJBweeden420
100_3697a.jpg

100_3731a.jpg

OMG I am first? WooHoo! these are buds from plant i entered last month...now they are cured :)
IMG_01503.JPG

IMG_01514.JPG

I'm really liking the color of these nugs! I don't know why but the way the green looks just makes me really wanna smoke them. Maybe its the vape hits i just took.

In anycase good luck to everyone!

i am about to harvest my first plant .how do you get the buds to look like they have been vac,sealed ? i took one early and dried it properly but it looked nothing like those photos. there is no way i could be that far off or could i ?

It's gorgeous (but alive) ;)

greenisland's looks alive too... its looks really amazing, (good job ;)) but it doesn't look like a 'nug' to me... when i think of nug, i think dry and ready to smoke, a dry nug looks different then a freshly cliped 'nug' :peace:

We don't disagree Brother HighTide, but the line has to be drawn somewhere and "looks dry" is more subjective that "cut" or "not cut".

So we debated this in the back until our eyes were red and ended up with this rule set.

We can always discuss anything if there's a better way, but I don't want think about changing the rules on a contest already in progress ;)

If there's more strong feeling on this, I'm happy to open a thread in the website help and feedback forum so we can hash it out :surf:

Re: Nug of the Month Contest Definition of "Nug"

greenisland's looks alive too... its looks really amazing, (good job ;)) but it doesn't look like a 'nug' to me... when i think of nug, i think dry and ready to smoke, a dry nug looks different then a freshly cliped 'nug' :peace:

Not directed at NE 1 in this months contest, but I agree with hightide. I think of nugs as cured or at least dried bud. If its not processed, its a bud/flower not a nugget. Honestly it just really makes sense. Case and point. If I walked into a club and asked to see the freshest, top shelf, nugs they had and theu hand me a flower in bloom with erect pistils. I think I would hold up the line (purposely to show how bright this particular employee is) and just stare at them w/out saying anything until management came. IMO there is a big difference and I only spoke on it because hightide brought it up and Soniq obviously wanted to know if any one else felt the same. I do.:peace:

^^ Can I move it to plant of the month for you?

It's gorgeous (but alive) ;)

Yes please, I cant edit my post.

Ok I got point what is plant of the mont but what nug of the month.

But I have and dried bud/nug for this thread ;)
Alos, I will be back with better shot of Godsend nug (I have right on one more picture?) ... my hands shaking sometime lol

Godsend_cured_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom