420islife First Indoor Grow Bagseed - 2017

Funny enough I was reading through electro gypsy's grow journal and saw this photo of him dissolving eggshells, what a coincidence.
Cal-Mag.jpg

you disagree that coco has an affinity for salts? or that it is a Mg deficiency? Or that you can cheaply extract Ca from eggshells?

Oh, I have no doubt that you can extract calcium from eggshells. If that's a fun project for you, by all means do! :thumb:
If you add eggshells to moist, acidic soil and let the mixture work for a year or two, chances are you will get some calcium out of the shells.

Scientific,
I read through about half of your most recent journal, a fun read so far and I plan to read the rest. I am conflicted about your comments on my advice. Throughout what I have read I have seen that you used a mag/cal supplement throughout your grow and at the point I stopped saw that you recognized a calcium deficiency despite using the supplement. In addition, you posted a video that has been passed around this site to new coco grower and is generally seen as good advice as evidenced by successful grows. I will repost that video here to allow 420islife and urge 420islife to seek varying opinions in order to find what method is best for him. umm hmm

[video=youtube_share;hnxbj8o_PwQ]
[/video]

Scientific,
I read through about half of your most recent journal, a fun read so far and I plan to read the rest. I am conflicted about your comments on my advice. Throughout what I have read I have seen that you used a mag/cal supplement throughout your grow and at the point I stopped saw that you recognized a calcium deficiency despite using the supplement. In addition, you posted a video that has been passed around this site to new coco grower and is generally seen as good advice as evidenced by successful grows. I will repost that video here to allow 420islife and urge 420islife to seek varying opinions in order to find what method is best for him. umm hmm

Water comes out of the tap here at about 20 PPM (and much of even that little mineral content is added by the utility to protect pipes). Since our water lacks significant amounts of Ca and Mg, we have to add them as a supplement.

Sorry guys been flat out with work and my horse decided it would be a great idea to run through a fence....
anyways went shopping yesterday and got the girls a few things..
a new cool tube reflector to try and help reduce the heat from the lights
A new thermo controller for the phresh fan (not sure if to run it now as the induct as the other fan I have isn't variable speed and I think having it on 24/7 will have smells coming out the tent)
A new tent... not happy they didn't tell me how much lighter the mammoth light is compared to the seahawks
Hygen nitro k just in case there isn't enough ;)
So yesterday was a fun day setting the new tent up and collapsing the old one (for now anyway) have to work out what the best temp will be for the tent to be set at without to much load being put on the fan.

Don't think it will be long before I turn the lights over to see what the sex will be.. like waiting for the ultrasound when having kids

Lifelong city boy that I am, I'm just trying to wrap my mind around a life where you have to deal with a horse... ;)

Horses are awesome so I've learnt from the missus also have chickens snakes cats dogs.. that's the clan and that's in suburbia horse is on agisment ATM once also included rabbits, Guinea pigs(cavys), mice and rats but dog got into the rabbis and Guinea. Pigs and missus got sick of the mice and rats

Cheers mate have thrown a little bit into but slowly getting there needs a little more like another variable fan that will go in the controller aswell keeping the induction/extraction lower allowing for more co2 to naturally be absorbed.. have a few mouth breathing animals in that room to make it abit more co2 rich. Not enough to matter but haven't tried adding co2 although could easily put that in have a co2 tank from when I was doing snake food.
Considering how much I hate this new tent I'm guessing a seahawk will be purchased very soon... I have camping tents thicker then this mammoth.
Thinking the lighting may not be adequate now so possibly a second light or upgrade. Even though the 600w hPs will go in when the lights change.

Just really need to find some good genetics. Don't think the bonza beans are coming :'( and will be cracking a few more seeds soon so that I can have a perpetual garden of all goes well between the clone/seed starter tent & 80x80x160 & 1.2x1.2x2 but still have a lot to learn I think but hopefully this will work.
Then next step hopefully my gov will leagalise and then I can get into a industry I'm passionate about

Wow nice upgrades! Your grow looks awesome. I flipped my plants after 2 months of vegetating, and it took almost 14 days for the lone female to show her pistils. The balls started to show after 8 days and I culled at 10 days just to make sure. I hear its normal for males to show first. My plants didnt look anywhere near as good as yours does though, I had lots of problems at the beginning before I found these message boards. :goodjob:

Grrr fuck up in the grow room ballast fell off the shelf so darkness starts now at 20/4 increasing by 1/2hr a day to 12/12 and see what happens time to get some beans going again in the clone tent.
Was going to take photos but didnt get a chance to when the ballast fell thank god tent was already sealed and was reworking duct as switched the continuous fan to the exhaust and variable to inflow to reduce power/noise/ and hopefully pull more heat from the cool globe..
Stay tuned for tomorrow's update on if the ballast broke and the grow is in the shit or if this story will progress.

All noobs don't have the ballast on a shit shelf

Back
Top Bottom