420RR's First Journal 2013 Jack Flash Hydro SOG Grow

Half Pipe

:cough:Hello fellow Growers, my name is 420ramrod. I would like to Welcome everyone to my first official grow journal.
I'm going to title this journal
"JACK FLASH" hydro SOG grow powered by "Blue Planet Nutes" thanks to my new friends at "BPN"

I have recently become a proud member of :420: and have been greeted with open arms by the community.
I would personally like to say thank you to all my new friends. Those of you who have taken interest in my quest for knowledge and took the time to help me succeed in being the best grower I can Be! Learning from my mistakes is one thing. Having this kind of expert support at my finger tips has expedited my knowledge in ways I cant even explain. Only people who grow what we grow and do what we do can understand the trials and tribulations that we endure. So many people take things for granted these days. If they only knew how much love and passion we put into growing our precious medicinal plants.

"Gimmie gimmie gimmie", they dont want to be bothered with whether or not you had a nute def., pest invasion, fungas or you dint give enough time to flush. Most are concerned with how much its going set them back. Not thinking about any of the things that we typically worry about like base strain, smell, height, node structure, bud structure, branching, good for cloning, nute selection and strength, LOL! inside joke for those that know me! etc.... the list goes on and on.

I feel like sometimes the sanctuary of being behind closed doors all the time can make the simple things in life seem pretty awesome! These are some things that would make up for the perfect day in my Dreamland. I would hang with some Good Friends:passitleft:, smokin Good Bud:bong:, listening to Good Music:ganjamon:, while having a Good skate session:surf:, then eating Good food :popcorn: and of course start and finish this day with Great sex:loopy:! LMAO! :rofl: I said it was my dreamland because I'm single! I have all the other things pretty much covered, LMAO!! Well now that you know a little about me.

I invite you to join me in learning all the the in's and out's, right's and wrong's, things to do and not to do. This will be a serious but laid back journal for expert/master level growers to join in and educate all of the beginners out there that are like me. I want people take this seriously and learn as much as possible from those of you whom have paid there dues and have paved the way for US! Since first joining I have started aligning myself with some of the best growers on this site and I will be personally sending each one them and invite to join me in making this journal one for the "archives"! I want people to be looking this journal up and referencing it well after its completed.

:tokin:OK Lets get this Party started shall we! :Rasta:

Strain is: "JACK FLASH" this will be the main focus for SOG grow
This is an Indoor Hydro Grow. Grow space size is 3.5'x6'x6'
I currently have 2 mothers: with clones in progress
1 (Jack Flash) Indica, Sativa Hybrid 60I/40S
Base origin strains are jack herer x superskunk x haze.
1 (bagseed) unknown sativia dominate strain
4 (JF)Clones about 4weeks old, in 1gallon smartpots in soiless coco base mix
3 (BS) clones about 4weeks old, in 1gallon smartpots in soiless coco base mix
(10) 4week old seedlings
mixed unknown strains and sex at this point.
they are in the square pots in Straight Hydroton.
(7) more clones of (JF) in my areogarden cloner (rooted) ready to go on Feb. 1rst
Feb 1rst will officially kick the SOG style grow into motion.
I'm using (2) T5 light fixtures:
(1) is 648w 4'x2' w/12 bulbs admitts 60,000 lumens
(1) is 432w 4'x2' w/8 bulbs admitts 40,000 lumens
Both with Optional mix and match Red(3000k) or blue(6500k) color temp bulb change out.
Will changing the photoperiod to 12/12 to start flowering on Feb. 1
Everything is in the Veg stage. on 18/6 cycle right now
(2)Turbo Ebb and Flow Gardens and (1) areogarden
4" camfan combo for outtake, 10" inch duct fan for intake
12" stand up circulation fan
my 2 Wall A/C units are running as normal in home.
Room temp: 68 to 78 with RH at 30 to 50
water temp: 70 to 75 with ph at 5.8 to 6.2
I Use True "R/O" water that starts at 5ppms, I add a calmag supplement.
no pests as of yet. Jah willing I wont have!
I have different watering/feeding schedules right now for all my ladies
they are in Different stages of growth and in different growing mediums,
they require very different watering/feeding schedules.
I'm currently using a ph balancing 1 part Base nute. while waiting for my order of BPN nutes to arrive.
I use supplements and additives. like DM "zone" and GH "calmag"

I believe that is enough info to get this journal started for right now. Next post will be pics!!! Here they come!!

Re: 420RR's First Journal 2013"JACK FLASH" hydro SOG grow powered by "Blue Planet Nut

Well as Promised Here are a few pics of my set up. To get us started tell me what you think. Lets get this thing kicking off with a bang, I will be sending out PM invites to all my friends, so be on the look out. Please anyone with questions of any kind feel free to ask, as my expert friends will I'm sure be attending this journal, and will likely be able to help you or point you to someone or somewhere to get help with any possible issue you may have. There is an answer for you somewhere on this site I promise you!! To my expert/master grower friends feel free to post any links that would be good for beginners. I thought of searching and adding them myself, but I thought this would also give you guys an opportunity to introduce yourselves and attach links to maybe articles or journals you yourself have written or just general beginner info like you guys did for me. I will do my best as well to direct anyone who asks me questions directly about something I dont know or am not experienced with. Thanks to all who decide to join/sub in to this wonderful journey of enlightenment!!

AND NOW THE GROW!

the mothers and the grow room
plant_growth_019.jpg

plant_growth_019.jpg
plant_growth_021.jpg
plant_growth_022.jpg
plant_growth_023.jpg

the grow room
plant_growth_0022.jpg
plant_growth_0012.jpg
plant_growth_024.jpg
plant_growth_025.jpg
plant_growth_009.jpg
plant_growth_0082.jpg
plant_growth_0073.jpg

My areogarden with new Jackflash clones and the spot where mother should be but shes to big now!
plant_growth_0261.jpg
plant_growth_0271.jpg
root_growth_0011.jpg
plant_growth_026.jpg
root_growth_002.jpg

gonna keep a (1) of those 4week clones for a new (JF) mother and flower these 2 mothers out this round!

Re: 420RR's First Journal 2013"JACK FLASH" hydro SOG grow powered by "Blue Planet Nut

Looks great, Bro! +REPS! :bravo:

What type of cloner is that? It looks like it monitors water levels, nutrient levels and temp. :thumb:

Is it just monitoring, or is there any automation (i.e. when water is low, will it add water; or when nutes are low, will it add nutes?)?

EDIT: :oops: I looked a little closer and I see it's an aerogarden! :) It's gettin' the job done, though!

Hey Ranrod mate,
You good? Loving the setup, nice and clean. I'l be here to learn some coco knowledge mate.

:welcome: Everyone I see I'm getting Awesome support already thanks.:thanks: you guys Rock! :rocker: You have got my hopes up for this Journal now. I think its going to be huge and Lots of fun as well! I'm a jokester sometimes and I love to make people laugh!! So humor will be a must at times to lighten the the mood! So sit back turn on some reggae :Rasta: music :rollit: and :passitleft: it around relax yourself and settle in for a nice long Sunday drive in the country! LOL!

So now on a serious note, lol! as this journal grows, like our ladies do "OUR" goal will be to cover a lot of the beginner issues/mistakes that we all come across on a daily basis. Whether or not I experience them myself, I would like this journal to be somewhere any beginner can go and get some guidance. I saw a quote when I first got on :420: I'll never forget it. "its easy to make things hard". this best describes me. LMAO! I can be very anal sometimes and want to analyze everything. I want know what, where, why, how and when. I also want to be able to fix it asap and get results fast. I have found very quickly not a very good personality trait for a new grower, LOL! I can simply say you have to quickly learn lots of "patience and understanding" to accomplish our goals. I cant express this enough to any new growers out there.

Okay guys lets get Cracking, I figured I would start off by talking about some things I am experienced with. LOL!

Lets start by Following these few basic steps: First "Study up" or "research" on what your growing (strains, etc..) which is best for an indoor grow or outdoor grow and the most important reason which strain is going to be best for your specific medicinal needs.

Second research the equipment: grow room designs, lights, Nutes, Fans, types of systems , growing mediums, etc.. Your going to want to focus your research on the type of equipment that is going to best for "your" space. then design and build your grow space.

Third This is very important "Test it" with all the lights & fans on. This will give you a good idea of what your avg. temps and RH are going to be and whether or not your going to need to make any basic adjustments. Once the Ladies are in your grow room, you dont want to be doing any structural repairs or improvements while the LADIES are in there growing. You only want to have to fix "emergency's" like broken equipment, etc... if you must work in the grow room for a repair purpose do it at night (during the dark period), First move the ladies out and put them somewhere dark as not to disturb there sleep! then do your repair, clean up and return the ladies to there home before your mom or wife wakes up and catches you! LOL!! I told you be on the look out for humor :rofl:
I kill myself

Please feel free to add to anything at any time to any post!

I hope this helps someone starting out like me and gives you a good idea of what you are getting yourself into! LMAO!:rofl:

:popcorn: Thanks for the personal invite brother :yahoo:
And thank you for patronizing my business! :thumb:

Hey your not mad are you? I think of the word "Patronizing" and what it means, I'm very sorry this was not my intention. I just wanted people to know that I will be eventually and solely using your 2 part complete High yield nutrient system for this ongoing journal and probably all my journals from this point forward if thats ok? I just wanted to give you guys Props bro, Like the others have done by including it in my title. I Have seen with my own eyes the results that others are getting :adore: and I'm sure I will be just as happy!

Can I change my title? Do I need to change it (My Title)? should I stop this journal immediately and start a new one? I'm very sorry if i offended you or your company in any way!! Not my intention, bro!

I really wanted to scream it from the mountain tops :yahoo:"BLUE PLANET NUTES RULE"!!!!

I think its meant in a different way :) Like advertising , I think "PA"tronizing , not "PAT"ronizing. I think.

Hey ramrod,
Thanks fore the invite brother.
Everything looks pretty good so far!
Nice, clean, tidy, and healthy. Just the way I like it!

I'm just wondering, because I couldn't find you explaining weather you have plans for other lighting or not.
Are you planning to flower in there as well? Or are you planning on building a separate flowering room? I have seen people veg and flower out crops with just T5's with ok success, but if that's your plan, you're going to have a lot of people on here trying to talk you into HID real quick . :;): me being one of them..lol

well here's to a beautiful start!
I'm subbed and I'll be watching!
:thumb:

Hey your not mad are you? I think of the word "Patronizing" and what it means, I'm very sorry this was not my intention. I just wanted people to know that I will be eventually and solely using your 2 part complete High yield nutrient system for this ongoing journal and probably all my journals from this point forward if thats ok? I just wanted to give you guys Props bro, Like the others have done by including it in my title. I Have seen with my own eyes the results that others are getting :adore: and I'm sure I will be just as happy!

Can I change my title? Do I need to change it (My Title)? should I stop this journal immediately and start a new one? I'm very sorry if i offended you or your company in any way!! Not my intention, bro!

I really wanted to scream it from the mountain tops :yahoo:"BLUE PLANET NUTES RULE"!!!!

When you patronize a business, that means you utilize it, like when you bought your nutes. He thanked you for your patronage!:love:

:
And thank you for patronizing my business! :thumb:

pretty sure Corey meant "promoting" not patronizing..

When you patronize a business, that means you utilize it, like when you bought your nutes. He thanked you for your patronage!:love:

Aaaah yeh, thats the one. I was way off :)

Back
Top Bottom