420RR's First Journal 2013 Jack Flash Hydro SOG Grow

Re: 420RR's First Journal 2013 Jack Flash Hydro SOG Grow Powered By Blue Planet Nutri

thats taken with a 1000w mh 12" above. hence the colour. i dont have a pic from that time out of the light. theres no nute issue going on i assure u.

we'll have to agree to disagree on this issue as its pointless going around in circles. u are vegging longer periods than me, u are growing different strains in a different manner. more than 3 weeks veg is too long for an indoor grow imo. my grows speak for themselves.

Re: 420RR's First Journal 2013 Jack Flash Hydro SOG Grow Powered By Blue Planet Nutri

thats taken with a 1000w mh 12" above. hence the colour. i dont have a pic from that time out of the light. theres no nute issue going on i assure u.

we'll have to agree to disagree on this issue as its pointless going around in circles. u are vegging longer periods than me, u are growing different strains in a different manner. more than 3 weeks veg is too long for an indoor grow imo. my grows speak for themselves.

I'm telling you, the lower leaves are obviously a different shade (more yellowish) than the top ones. There's something going on other than lighting.

My god how can either of you manage such short veg times 0_0
i'm letting mine veg for 5 weeks.... are you guys growing all small plants or do they stretch a mile @ the flip?
its just amazing any of u can do that i cant even imagine flipping mine now @ 2 weeks...

I'm running SOG, so I flip smaller, and train taller. Think, "12 - 18 inch budstick."

i respect u trying to point out an issue but thats an older pic from couple weeks ago and try taking a photo of plant with 1000w of mh 12" above a plant, it'll make any plant look pasty. i use bluelab ph meter that is calibrated regularly and i kmow what ec to run at. thanks for advice though. this isnt my first grow mate lol.

the only reason i said u veg longer is because u said that pic was on day 30 of veg, 2 weeks of GLR.

i respect u trying to point out an issue but thats an older pic from couple weeks ago and try taking a photo of plant with 1000w of mh 12" above a plant, it'll make any plant look pasty. i use bluelab ph meter that is calibrated regularly and i kmow what ec to run at. thanks for advice though. this isnt my first grow mate lol.

the only reason i said u veg longer is because u said that pic was on day 30 of veg, 2 weeks of GLR.

That's because under 18/6 for two weeks didn't give me the size I needed, so I had to go two more weeks under GLR... Did you miss the part where I said I was supposed to be flipping and instead I went GLR?

<snip>so I decided to switch my lighting to GLR in the box, too, to let them veg a bit more. I was supposed to be switching to 12/12<snip>

my plants usually finish around 2' tall after transition and the same wide. thats down to strain too.

jandre take a 1000w mh place it 12" above ur plants and take a pic.

Hehehe, MH isn't as wonky as HPS!! :rofl:

Also, I wasn't saying "calibrated" I was said "going faulty" as it kaput, broken, not working properly, close, but not properly. I had one that calibrated quite well, but when I placed it into 4.01 solution, it was off... Then I'd put it back into the 7.01 it was off again. Not saying you don't calibrate... just that it's a possibility. But whatever. What I see may not be.

This is a great debate you two got going on here. I did GLR with my AK and she was one of the best girls I grew but did take a long time to veg. Like 2 months! , but only vegged with 2x30w blue cfl's.

Wheres the fastest growth ive got now is under 18/6 BUT vegged with 250w blue and 60w red AND super soil!

Think i'm going to veg for 2 weeks 18/6 which is current , then flip to GLR for 1-2 weeks before flower.

Think you both obviously know what your talking about, Jandre, Cultivator and Twelve12. But we all do different systems and what works for us, works for us, so do what works for you.

But keep debates coming its great to hear both sides of the story!! Its what learning is about. We have to question and think for ourselves or we just monkeys. And monkeys cant grow BUD!

This is a great debate you two got going on here. I did GLR with my AK and she was one of the best girls I grew but did take a long time to veg. Like 2 months! , but only vegged with 2x30w blue cfl's.

Wheres the fastest growth ive got now is under 18/6 BUT vegged with 250w blue and 60w red AND super soil!

Think i'm going to veg for 2 weeks 18/6 which is current , then flip to GLR for 1-2 weeks before flower.

Think you both obviously know what your talking about, Jandre, Cultivator and Twelve12. But we all do different systems and what works for us, works for us, so do what works for you.

But keep debates coming its great to hear both sides of the story!! Its what learning is about. We have to question and think for ourselves or we just monkeys. And monkeys cant grow BUD!

Well said. :thumb:

wow just got here and see there is a little heated banter goin:) also things look purty nice so far:thumb:

This "GLR" thing seems to be up for very serious debate here. I do not know anything about it, its a first for me. So with that being said I would need to do more research myself. I "would" like to try it some time, but I think I need to get some of the basics down first using some of the traditional proven methods. I also would like to say after reading all of the posts, I agree with the last post by JBC420. This is exactly why I want all you guys here. This is going to be an awesome, cool, informative, having a fun time Journal for all to learn and voice there experiences and opinions. I love IT!!!! Keep it up guys!
Thanks again everyone for participating in my first journal. It makes a person feel kinda special to know that there are people who truly appreciate what we are trying to do! Its even cooler to see the passion come out in you guys, (cultivator and Jandre2k3). Can you guys feel your vibes from those words, I can its "PASSION" pure and simple!
I was a sous chef for awhile alot like "chef ramsey" I had "NO" and I mean "0" tolerance for mistakes in my kitchen or in my dishes, LMAO! I have extreme Passion, I love cooking and presenting the finished "art work" your plate! Then watch the people smiling saying ohhh that looks awesome and then say hmmmm oh man it tastes even better. then watch that sense of pure pleasure come over them!! you all Know that feeling when you eat your favorite food mom use to make! Well thats how I kinda feel now about growing weed and being in this forum. Does that analogy work for you anybody or everybody? LMAO!!
I though I would share my thoughts and let you guys get a sense of who I really am. Im a bit of a rambler of course its usually just overkill trying to get my point across or I just Yell/scream very loudly, LOL! I am a very deep thinker with a common sense outlook, I can very easily make things Hard for myself all the time. not just growing, lol! I get told all the time stop sweating/stressing the little stuff, well its the little stuff that gets me. It doesnt even have to be anything that concerns me. like when someone is knowingly taking advantage of someone else, OHHHH!!! That gets my blood boiling bad! just thinking about it gets me mad can you feel that! arggggh!! :Namaste: okay breath let it go!! :Namaste: ahhhhh! and do this :roorrip: oh ya thats better now!!!
I told you this was going to a fun! You guys rock!:rocker: always remember my words are meant to invoke a smile and leave you doing this :rofl: I truly and honestly from the bottom of my heart hope it works. I receive a massive amount of pleasure in my life from 2 different things, First thing is I love being in the spotlight and signing autographs for kids its a feeling like no other. BTW, Im a semi-retired pro skateboarder. Second thing is I enjoy caring and giving to others! I always put others before myself, sometimes to so much I even sacrifice my own happiness.

I am not an advocate of GLR.

I'll never understand why so many try and complicate growing. Set your timer on 12/12 and forget about it.

K.I.S.S.

Just my opinion.

I agree as well C, "here here" to your statement there 420fied. I Think growing indoors is hard enough already, lol. why make it more complicated, not that changing a timer setting is complicated, LOL! I personally dont need to be doing anything like that right now. I need to establish a foundation of good basic skills and understanding/knowledge. This will enable me to experiment or test different theory's in the future with much less failure. Well, I hope so anyways. :thumb:

ram thats the right attitude my friend, dont try to run before u can walk. Im so fed up of growers on there second grow telling me this is the way or that is the way because it worked once or twice! build up a foundation from basic fundamentals then start figuring out what is best for ur grows.

get a dozen grows or so behind u, get the experience then start pushing the boat out. If 1 more first time grower tells me i dont know shit im going to scream! hahahahaha

Back
Top Bottom