480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

I am using sunshine #4.. weird cause when I vegg under hps they take nutes no matter what..

ya i dont know bro i am getting the same thing, never had it before also. i just feed with some perfect PH food last night so we shall see. not sure whats going on? how old are your clones? how long have they been under the light? how long in the medium? what food are you feeding them? whats the PH of the food going into the medium?

Just a thought ... did this happen to you with the old 2010 model? Could it be something that Mike did to his new lights.? Also Im pretty sure its a nutes thing tho man cause I have 4 clones that I haven't fed nutes to just Ph water and they are green as fuck even the new growth. So I'm gonnakeep feeding with Ph water nd see if they stay green but the ones that I have given nutes have all gotten burnt but its weird cause it's not like a HPS nutes burn it looks like more of a bleaching .

I'm confused, what seems to be the problem here? Are people thinking that their Spectra is hurting their plants and/or making them eat faster or that their growing medium is causing issues?

I'm confused, what seems to be the problem here? Are people thinking that their Spectra is hurting their plants and/or making them eat faster or that their growing medium is causing issues?

The problem with me is that the clones I've givven nutes have got a yellow / white bleaching effect to it and the ones I haven't Given nutes to look healthy and green. That's my problem and I am taking everything into consideration especially the fact that I never had this problem when growing under HPS

look i can show you exactly what im talking about...

Plants that have just gotten PH water...

DSCF9281.JPG

DSCF9286.JPG

Plants that have gotten nutes....

DSCF9282.JPG

DSCF9283.JPG

DSCF92841.JPG

Weird! Are they all clones from the same mother or at least the same strain?

the ones that are healthy they are all different strains....

the ones that are burnt there are 2 woody og ... 2 valley og... and 2 larry og... and ogs usually eat nutes like crazy str8 out of the cloner....

i would really like to see what mike thinks about this ...

The problem with me is that the clones I've givven nutes have got a yellow / white bleaching effect to it and the ones I haven't Given nutes to look healthy and green. That's my problem and I am taking everything into consideration especially the fact that I never had this problem when growing under HPS

Am I to assume these are rooted clones? If they are, and both sets are under the same lighting, lights have nothing to do with this.

Just a thought from the looks of the leaves. Yellowing from the inside, out. Instead of the the tips yellowing first. Let me know what you think...

Problems with Sulfur being locked out by PH troubles

Soil
Sulfur gets locked out of soil growing at ph levels of 2.0-5.5
Sulfur is absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 6.0- 9.5 (Wouldn’t recommend having a soil ph of over 7.0 in soil) Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Sulfur Deficiency.

Hydro and Soil less Mediums

Sulfur gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-5.5
Sulfur is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 6.0- 9.5 (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to an Sulfur deficiency.

Solution to fixing a Sulfur deficiency
Mix 1-2 teaspoons of Epsom salts per gallon of water until condition improves.
Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have Sulfur in them will fix a Sulfur deficiency. (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients or it will cause nutrient burn!) Other sulfur nutrient supplements are: Rain water, Ammonium Thiosulfate, which is all fast absorption. Garden Sulfur, Sulfate of Potash, Gypsum.
Note: Caution when using gypsum to an already acid soil (pH that is less than 5.5) can have a very bad effect on different types of plants by affecting the absorption of soil aluminum, which is poison to plant roots.

Now if you added to much chemical nutrients and or organics, (which is hard to burn your plants when using organics) you need to flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.

Pictures 1 shows a sulfur deficiency, notice how at the top part the yellow is starting from the backside of the leaf towards the front.....

1134Sulpur-def-RD1.jpg

1134sulpur2.jpg

IDK never had them lower, when their baby's i keep the lights high to make them not transpire too much. never used these lights before so i have no clue, plants arnt stretching and seem happy so i will leave it at that hight for now.

Thats about how high I kept mine, and they loved it, in fact, Im on day 13 of flower and I still have them at about 18. Also it kinda cool having 2 so you can shut 1 off while there young. Mine the 2011 models too, but Im new, so I dont know what the others were like.

Thats about how high I kept mine, and they loved it, in fact, Im on day 13 of flower and I still have them at about 18. Also it kinda cool having 2 so you can shut 1 off while there young. Mine the 2011 models too, but Im new, so I dont know what the others were like.
hemivette, what wattage lights did you get? What size area?:popcorn:

Just a thought from the looks of the leaves. Yellowing from the inside, out. Instead of the the tips yellowing first. Let me know what you think...

yeah thats good info for sure and those plants look very similar... but its just not adding up... because 1 i havent even had these clones in my tent for a week... and my nutes have 2.0% of sulfer in them so they should be getting sulfer... but thats the weird thing the plants i havent given nutes to just ph water and cal mag are all green and the ones i have are the ones that are yellowing from the inside out... so if my nutes have sulfer in them how could it be a sulfer problem and why arent all my plants getting this then? they are all in the same medium all under the same light... just sum got nutes and sum didnt thats why i am leaning towards the nutes being the problem...

Just a thought ... did this happen to you with the old 2010 model? Could it be something that Mike did to his new lights.? Also Im pretty sure its a nutes thing tho man cause I have 4 clones that I haven't fed nutes to just Ph water and they are green as fuck even the new growth. So I'm gonnakeep feeding with Ph water nd see if they stay green but the ones that I have given nutes have all gotten burnt but its weird cause it's not like a HPS nutes burn it looks like more of a bleaching .
my old models ive used never had this problem but i gave them food right away. i checked my water PH with seaweed and it was 7.8PH so i am guessing thats the cause. i also think the lights make the plants work harder and use more food. i gave them PH corrected food last night so i will see what happens over the next few days? i talked to mike and ask if this could be the reason because of his lights, and he said he already sold 50 of them over a month ago and hasnt heard anything like that, and his buddy uses them and no problems. i think mine were just hungry, they had big roots when transplanting, and SS#4 has no food in it! i only gave them seaweed witch isnt a NPK, so i think they wanted Nitrogen. the cool thing is my 7.8PH water gose to 6.5PH once i add my organic nutes, i tested it last night. so thats great for me. ill keep you posted on how they look in a few days.
no i think its a PH thing and lack of food going to the plants on my part. i think the lights make them eat faster.

do you have any kind or yellowing on yours with the new 2011 model? can you post a pic or give some detail on how ur plants look? how long u been using the new light?
yeah thats good info for sure and those plants look very similar... but its just not adding up... because 1 i havent even had these clones in my tent for a week... and my nutes have 2.0% of sulfer in them so they should be getting sulfer... but thats the weird thing the plants i havent given nutes to just ph water and cal mag are all green and the ones i have are the ones that are yellowing from the inside out... so if my nutes have sulfer in them how could it be a sulfer problem and why arent all my plants getting this then? they are all in the same medium all under the same light... just sum got nutes and sum didnt thats why i am leaning towards the nutes being the problem...

is the plant with food getting PHed water also? basically is everything PH'ed or just the ones with plain water? what PH are you feeding at? what kind of food you feeding them?

I was thinking the same thing Irish, but they seem awfully new to be locked out...
I would check the PH of the soil to rule out a lock out...

Back
Top Bottom