480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

If you don't mind mixing your own, you could do worse than:

4 parts quality potting soil of your choice (not coco-based)
1 part well-rinsed coco
1 part pure worm castings (not worm casting compost)
1 part perlite or pumice
1 part organic compost

1 TBSP prilled dolomite lime and some kelp meal mixed in when potting up the plants is optional, but seems to make a positive difference

I enjoy mixing my own and it doesn't get much cheaper or better, IMO

If you don't mind mixing your own, you could do worse than:

4 parts quality potting soil of your choice (not coco-based)
1 part well-rinsed coco
1 part pure worm castings (not worm casting compost)
1 part perlite or pumice
1 part organic compost

1 TBSP prilled dolomite lime and some kelp meal mixed in when potting up the plants is optional, but seems to make a positive difference

I enjoy mixing my own and it doesn't get much cheaper or better, IMO

ya you know i am going to try this.:high-five: that soil mix is cheap. what do you feed them? and where did u get the compost from? are you PHing ur soil or letting the micro life do it? IMO organics is a good as it gets when making ur own soil just like mother nature, last i remember mother nature wasnt mixing up nutes in her waterings. dont think ive seen her with a PH meter also?:rofl:

ive been a big fan and always wanted to try SubCools super soil, just allot of work, but its cost effective in the long run because it last so long. just a pain to find the stuff.lol

I was at the osh yesterday picking up a few things and saw the XG products. I checked out the Mykos to see what it had in it and forgot, what does it say again for ingredients on the back of the Mykos?

So, the Space Queens are a no go also?

I was at the osh yesterday picking up a few things and saw the XG products. I checked out the Mykos to see what it had in it and forgot, what does it say again for ingredients on the back of the Mykos?

So, the Space Queens are a no go also?

just micro life, not sure about how many spores? i used it all and threw away the package.

as of right now they are a no go, and unless the cannabis gods show mercy their done for IMO. very very upset. ive always wanted that strain so bad... IDK bro just seems ive hit a bad streak or something on these last two grows in that tent. never had anything like this happen in my growing time. if this happens on my next set of girls i am going to lose it:loopy:

Heres some pics to show you guys what i am dealing with/ talking about.
100_43931.JPG
100_43901.JPG
100_43921.JPG

yup its magic you can add as much as you want and not burn them and it has no smell its break threw tech bra.:)

you should see the reply i sent them telling them they avoided every question i asked and just replied with a sales pitch.

ill see how it flushes.lol

i floiared prayed some of me girls and i did see anything amazing.

i am just getting upset because i have no idea what the hell is going on? Casey Jones was rocking out real good then went bad, my new girls were rocking out and went bad, everything was the same as food and medium with my jacks and they did great. same water and same medium. the only change is i added humis in my mix EWC,, a tent and the lights. ive never had a plant die on me expect for these last two grows. and both are the same problems yellowing on all the new growth and the fan leaves dieing. PH is the only other thing, but why did my jacks do great with the same water? maybe the humis is messing with PH? but the mykos micro life should adjust the medium. the run off was high 7.0 so i hit them with 6.0 PH to see if that helps? i think i am going to have to scrap these girls also. going to go with Roots organic soil and the XG teas if they send me more? if not them the General organic line with mykos mixed in.
Irish, what size pots are you using? I was having the same problem and decided to take out one of the plants. They were root bound in 3.5 gallon pots. I used the Greenfuse we talked about and the roots were unreal. Everything great through mid flower and then the yellowing started. Then stunted growth. I tried everything. Checked ph, humic acid, flushed, you name it. when I transplanted all of them into 5 gallon buckets the problem stopped within a few days. All the yellowing stopped and everything is green and happy now. New pistils popping up everywhere. Maybe the mykos is creating such a root mass that your girls are outgrowing the container by mid flower and becoming rootbound which is hindering nute intake. Just for sh-ts and giggles, check the root mass in one of your plants and see if they are to big for your pots. It worked for me.

Irish, what size pots are you using? I was having the same problem and decided to take out one of the plants. They were root bound in 3.5 gallon pots. I used the Greenfuse we talked about and the roots were unreal. Everything great through mid flower and then the yellowing started. Then stunted growth. I tried everything. Checked ph, humic acid, flushed, you name it. when I transplanted all of them into 5 gallon buckets the problem stopped within a few days. All the yellowing stopped and everything is green and happy now. New pistils popping up everywhere. Maybe the mykos is creating such a root mass that your girls are outgrowing the container by mid flower and becoming rootbound which is hindering nute intake. Just for sh-ts and giggles, check the root mass in one of your plants and see if they are to big for your pots. It worked for me.

na bro theirs no way that can be. their 5gal pots the same my 3'+ jacks are in. they are only 2 weeks old.

on the other hand good to know about the green fuse roots ive been wondering about that stuff. heard good things.

Never mind. Those plants aren't nearly as advanced as mine were. I thought you were talking about the plants at a later stage. I just saw the pics and those plants don't look big enough to be root bound. Could your new tent putting out something toxic to the girls. Maybe a trying a new soil mix? Just trying to figure it out.

Never mind. Those plants aren't nearly as advanced as mine were. I thought you were talking about the plants at a later stage. I just saw the pics and those plants don't look big enough to be root bound. Could your new tent putting out something toxic to the girls. Maybe a trying a new soil mix? Just trying to figure it out.

nope the tent is a well known tent. the only things that have changed were EWC is the soil and Humus and new lights. i am thinking its the added humus thats throwing the PH out of whack. run off was at 7.0 and i adjust for it but still all bad. i dont get it? i guess just keep flushing her.

Hey Irish, I would go ahead and carefully examine the roots on one of those plants. See if you have any new root growth. Sorry to say, They certainly look like they are dying. Have you gotten all the clones at the same place?

Irish have I know your goin organic this grow but have u thought about throwing some OC+ or DM down to maybe stabalize things. I don't know if it would help or not but it couldn't hurt.

Sounds too complicated to me.

Just stick the seed or clone in some soil and water it ;).

I agree, I know you guys are experimenting with new stuff, but just reading about it is stressing me out. I cant imagine how the plants are taking it. I even noticed on mine, the Rock Wool seemed to have an affect on the PH. I quit using it and have had much better results. I just root in the hydro prop. Then straight into Hydrotron. Much less stress on the plants, IMO.
PS and FYI, my next grow, TGA's "Dairy Queen" and Barney's "Tangerine Dream" the 10' cup winner. Hoping to get some quality smoke.

just micro life, not sure about how many spores? i used it all and threw away the package.

as of right now they are a no go, and unless the cannabis gods show mercy their done for IMO. very very upset. ive always wanted that strain so bad... IDK bro just seems ive hit a bad streak or something on these last two grows in that tent. never had anything like this happen in my growing time. if this happens on my next set of girls i am going to lose it:loopy:

Well I know you weren't pHing the water, but maybe you should for the first week or two on the next set of clones, just as a test, to get the bio-life active so it can pH correct your water. Maybe the bio-life doesn't get a fighting chance before the soil starts to lock out certain minerals, just a thought. Also, have you tried to top dress with anything or apply just pH'ed water to see if anything gets better? I know you are trying to get away from pHing but at this point it would be nice to try a few things to narrow down what's causing the problems.

It just doesn't make much sense. Are the roots drowning, is the soil staying too wet?

I know you're having tons of issues Irish, but hang in there bro we all know you're a hell of a grower - don't let this discourage you man!

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

GO IRISH BOY!

Hey Irish,

Was just following along here, and noticed exact similarities to your suffering clones, and my just harvested grow (low ph). I'll just give my 2 cents worth in regards to mine!

Was rushed, used Promix BX, instead of HP. Forgot to add dolomite, epson, perlite (stupid me). Transplanted 2nd week veg (4 weeks veg cycle). All watering done at 6.3-6.5. All good until mid week 5 flower. Peat moss started to degrade (which raises the acid level). Soil levels dropped under 6.0, so lockout was starting. First: noticed yellowing on upper leaves. Mid/lower leaves starting spotting, grey/brown patches along fan leaf fingers. Spotting increased, lower leaves stayed dark green, but spotting and curling appeared too.

When I saw your clones, I saw my plants, minus the intense yellowing at the top (yours are clones, mine were in flower, so my plants had more micronute reserves, I figure).

I can attest to how much acid peat moss can contribute, as an ex hobby fish person. I use to add peat moss to the active filter in a nylon bag, and it would drop the ph 1.0 over the course of 2 weeks. And that is for a small amount.

I can say that what I found out is that some strains can deal better than others. My grow had 6 Chem Dog, and 6 Master Kush. The Chem Dog handled the ph much better, and produced double the Master, that really took a hit with the lockout.

I did manage to add some epsom, and pellet/crushed dolomite, with higher ph water, to get out of it within 2 weeks. The damage was done though!

Hope this might help, rather than make the situation muddier!

Cheers! :goodluck:

I am also a fish keeper and used to use peat to soften water. Living in an area with extremely hard water you have to be careful when you try to soften it cause once you get rid of the buffer you will suffer PH swings. Plants do not tolerate swings very well as do fish so I stopped using it after suffering said PH swings and let the fish acclimatise to the water rather than try to acclimatise the water to the fish ....

I am also a fish keeper and used to use peat to soften water. Living in an area with extremely hard water you have to be careful when you try to soften it cause once you get rid of the buffer you will suffer PH swings. Plants do not tolerate swings very well as do fish so I stopped using it after suffering said PH swings and let the fish acclimatise to the water rather than try to acclimatise the water to the fish ....

Hey JackPaz,

I agree with the loss of a buffer, tends to be difficult to maintain your ph. Back to the main topic, just used Promix BX without amending. The pre added dolomite buffer, ran out of its ability to keep the ph up after approx. 6 weeks in the pots (5 gallon). Would have been fine if I had not forgot to add more dolomite (aarrrgghh!) I won't forget again!

Cheers!

:420:

Hey Irish, I would go ahead and carefully examine the roots on one of those plants. See if you have any new root growth. Sorry to say, They certainly look like they are dying. Have you gotten all the clones at the same place?
ya their dying. i will have new clones in a week so ill pull up the roots then to see what they look like. these clones were from a different club, but they were very healthy and the roots were the best ive seen.
Irish have I know your goin organic this grow but have u thought about throwing some OC+ or DM down to maybe stabalize things. I don't know if it would help or not but it couldn't hurt.
i thought about OC+, but think i much rather go Dyna-Gro i think?
I agree, I know you guys are experimenting with new stuff, but just reading about it is stressing me out. I cant imagine how the plants are taking it. I even noticed on mine, the Rock Wool seemed to have an affect on the PH. I quit using it and have had much better results. I just root in the hydro prop. Then straight into Hydrotron. Much less stress on the plants, IMO.
PS and FYI, my next grow, TGA's "Dairy Queen" and Barney's "Tangerine Dream" the 10' cup winner. Hoping to get some quality smoke.
lol. i would think micro life and compost tea would be allot of stress? i have been working on my own teas and reading up on it, so i can save money and keep it in house and know whats going into my teas.
those strains are going to be very nice, all of his stuff rocks.
Well I know you weren't pHing the water, but maybe you should for the first week or two on the next set of clones, just as a test, to get the bio-life active so it can pH correct your water. Maybe the bio-life doesn't get a fighting chance before the soil starts to lock out certain minerals, just a thought. Also, have you tried to top dress with anything or apply just pH'ed water to see if anything gets better? I know you are trying to get away from pHing but at this point it would be nice to try a few things to narrow down what's causing the problems.

It just doesn't make much sense. Are the roots drowning, is the soil staying too wet?
the thing is its the same as my Jack Herer and they did fine with no PHing. also the reason why i never PH'ed from the start is because PH down kills off the micro life, so it wont help them build up PHing at 1st.

roots are not drowning. IDK bro, i might just say screw the full organics and just PH and use chems? i really want to try out the GO line.
I know you're having tons of issues Irish, but hang in there bro we all know you're a hell of a grower - don't let this discourage you man!

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

GO IRISH BOY!
thanks for the support brother.:cheer:
Hey Irish,

Was just following along here, and noticed exact similarities to your suffering clones, and my just harvested grow (low ph). I'll just give my 2 cents worth in regards to mine!

Was rushed, used Promix BX, instead of HP. Forgot to add dolomite, epson, perlite (stupid me). Transplanted 2nd week veg (4 weeks veg cycle). All watering done at 6.3-6.5. All good until mid week 5 flower. Peat moss started to degrade (which raises the acid level). Soil levels dropped under 6.0, so lockout was starting. First: noticed yellowing on upper leaves. Mid/lower leaves starting spotting, grey/brown patches along fan leaf fingers. Spotting increased, lower leaves stayed dark green, but spotting and curling appeared too.

When I saw your clones, I saw my plants, minus the intense yellowing at the top (yours are clones, mine were in flower, so my plants had more micronute reserves, I figure).

I can attest to how much acid peat moss can contribute, as an ex hobby fish person. I use to add peat moss to the active filter in a nylon bag, and it would drop the ph 1.0 over the course of 2 weeks. And that is for a small amount.

I can say that what I found out is that some strains can deal better than others. My grow had 6 Chem Dog, and 6 Master Kush. The Chem Dog handled the ph much better, and produced double the Master, that really took a hit with the lockout.

I did manage to add some epsom, and pellet/crushed dolomite, with higher ph water, to get out of it within 2 weeks. The damage was done though!

Hope this might help, rather than make the situation muddier!

Cheers! :goodluck:
very good post brother. ive used SS#4 for many years, and this is the thing i dont get? the PH runoff is 7.0, so i am thinking its the added Humus? but i know SS#4 and that peat is going to drop off real quick, so i dont want to lower my medium right now because once that peat drops its going to be real bad.

this is a real good point about how different strains take to it and maybe thats the case with my Jacks herers? and why their ok.

i am going to change out SS#4 and go with Roots organic soil. seems to be more stable for organics. i am going to give it one more try with organics and not PHing, looking into the GH GO line because their line even says not to PH. if all els false then i will be back to chems.
thats very interesting
Hey JackPaz,

I agree with the loss of a buffer, tends to be difficult to maintain your ph. Back to the main topic, just used Promix BX without amending. The pre added dolomite buffer, ran out of its ability to keep the ph up after approx. 6 weeks in the pots (5 gallon). Would have been fine if I had not forgot to add more dolomite (aarrrgghh!) I won't forget again!

Cheers!

:420:

ive never add lime to SS#4 and have always been fine when controlling my watering with PH

Back
Top Bottom