4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG - 1200 Watts

Re: 4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG (1200 Watts)

Alright everyone....

We chopped on the 9th/10th. They hung in the dark for 4 days in 68* with 45-50% RH.

When they went in the jars on the 14th they were pretty crispy. They softened up nice and have been burped for 4 days. I burp mine a little longer than some(2-4 hrs). They are smokeable at this point. When you put them in a bag and carry them around for an hour they shape down into some fine looking nuggets.

nug1_2.jpg

nug1_1.jpg

nug2_1.jpg

nug2_w.jpg

I've grown this strain in soil and my pheno never has been super frosty. Although my camera sucks, you can still see that they frosted up fairly nice.

Grow review - stats - thoughts

Now it's time to close this chapter of my journal. The indoor scrog is complete. However, we still have the outdoor grow going so stick with me.

...Anyway, for the info that we've all (me included) have been waiting for:

I was not able to get it all photographed together. The biggest reason being that folks were waiting.....nuff said.

Anyway.....I kept track as I went, and included everything right down to the baby nugs and the stuff I took early for samples.

When I tallied up all of the numbers (and trust me they're right I'm anal about details), I came up a little short of what I had hoped for.

The final haul was 9 plants yielding 762 grams or 27.214 ounces. That's 3.036 ounces per plant and .63 grams per watt.

I'll never lie to inflate my harvest numbers. I would have loved to have gotten to 30 ounces but my error in letting them go vertical too early cost me 4 or 5 ounces.

I'm happy with it but I know that I can and will do better on the next scrog.

In all, I consider my first run with this unit a success.

The smoke is great, it's got that sweet pine taste sort of like PPP. It delivers a very nice Indica buzz that doesnt lock you down but can be used for headaches, Anxiety, etc. I wish that I could share some of it with all of you!

Alright everyone....

We chopped on the 9th/10th. They hung in the dark for 4 days in 68* with 45-50% RH.

When they went in the jars on the 14th they were pretty crispy. They softened up nice and have been burped for 4 days. I burp mine a little longer than some(2-4 hrs). They are smokeable at this point. When you put them in a bag and carry them around for an hour they shape down into some fine looking nuggets.

Very nice looking buds. So you burp yours for 2 to 4 hours at a time. Is that once a day for four days then you done? The reason I ask is I was just opening my jars for a few seconds two to three times a day for at least a month. Maybe thats not enough? They seem to be drying. Super slow dry but they do seem to be getting there...

Very nice looking buds. So you burp yours for 2 to 4 hours at a time. Is that once a day for four day then you done?

At this point they are smokeable, hence moveable. I'll let them continue to cure but at this point but I doubt I'll let them 'dry' anymore. they have just a tad bit of crisp on them and they are sticky to touch as they should be but certainly not wet. Very smokeable in a piece or a J. I rotate jars twice a day to tumble the bud to make sure the buds on bottom get fresh air (2 burp session at 2-4 hrs... I think I said 1 earlier). I also keep the AC on, OSC fans going, and the RH is kept at 45-50.

They STINK like good hydro buds should!

even though you didn't hit your goal, 27z is a very nice harvest.. I'd be set for a good year on that much :bong:

Your grow really got me thinking about pursuing a hydro setup in the future. I'll stick with soil for a few grows and then make the switch. Good job dude, enjoy the smoke!

When the roots hit the res I tucked them back into the pipes then covered the opening with fine screen. I took the screen off to get the roots out. Pretty simple fix actually.

Otherwise downtown Los Angles might still be trying to unstrangle itself from the onslaught ;)

The final haul was 9 plants yielding 762 grams or 27.214 ounces. That's 3.036 ounces per plant and .63 grams per watt.

Congrats, I know you were hoping for 30-35 but this is a still a first rate first run.

Mad props and reps to you 420fied. It's been a pleasure.

I'm hanging in for the outdoor harvest as well, maybe by then you'll be ready to fire up the NFT SCROG for a second round and just keep the journal going - continuous style'

:cheer:

just click the multi quote button for each post you want to reply to

then click the reply button

it should have all your quotes ready for action

Soniq.... I am not a smart man. Can you tell me how to use multiple quotes in a single reply like that so I can make sure and respond to everyone?

Thanks for keeping me straight. :)

Here is a small pic to show what to click.

2009-08-18_1027

Sorry mods if this is inappropriate. Jing is a quick tool I use to grab screenshots and it stores the images on free screencast accounts. It is only a pic of a 420mag's forum page segment.

The CriMsonK20 did an even better job showing how.

Very nice looking buds. So you burp yours for 2 to 4 hours at a time. Is that once a day for four days then you done? The reason I ask is I was just opening my jars for a few seconds two to three times a day for at least a month. Maybe thats not enough? They seem to be drying. Super slow dry but they do seem to be getting there...

Leave them open longer. Make sure you have one empty jar and dump every jar twice a day. This allows the buds that were on the bottom to be rotated to the top for fresh air. The slower the dry the better, but too slow of a dry welcomes MOLD.

I have reasons for drying fast. Good luck!

just click this button for each post you want to reply to

then click the reply button

it should have all your quotes ready for action

Thank you.

Here is a small pic to show what to click.

2009-08-18_1027

Sorry mods if this is inappropriate. Jing is a quick tool I use to grab screenshots and it stores the images on free screencast accounts. It is only a pic of a 420mag's forum page segment.

...and thank you sir.

:peace:

Outstanding journal 420fied, congrats on your harvest.Dried product looks nice.
Ill be keeping an eye on your outdoor ladies.

I would have loved to have gotten to 30 ounces but my error in letting them go vertical too early cost me 4 or 5 ounces.

Thank you for sharing this 420fied. I will keep this in mind with my ScrOG though it is so tempting to let the shoots go sky high as they are beautiful when doing so.

Leave them open longer. Make sure you have one empty jar and dump every jar twice a day. This allows the buds that were on the bottom to be rotated to the top for fresh air. The slower the dry the better, but too slow of a dry welcomes MOLD.

I have reasons for drying fast. Good luck!

Just as a point of reference and not as advice, I went to our dispensary recently and asked how long they cure the buds for. I asked, "one month, three months ..." and the budtender laughed. They only cure for one week! That just sounds like drying time to me. I wonder how good their stock would be if it was cured longer? Anyways, just another great reason to grow our own.

There's a niche market that needs to be developed

Think of the dispensary that's first to have the 3 month and 6 month slow cured at a premium - connoisseur and gourmet

It would be the one I'd visit

Just as a point of reference and not as advice, I went to our dispensary recently and asked how long they cure the buds for. I asked, "one month, three months ..." and the budtender laughed. They only cure for one week! That just sounds like drying time to me. I wonder how good their stock would be if it was cured longer? Anyways, just another great reason to grow our own.

Thanks for your:nicethread:: I need to try that on my next harvest maybe humidity at 68% and some superbloom on the roots and at 75 degree faraneith and really darkroom. Did any body did that kind of experience before.

There's a niche market that needs to be developed

Think of the dispensary that's first to have the 3 month and 6 month slow cured at a premium - connoisseur and gourmet

It would be the one I'd visit

Already have my friend. The market is more like the patent medicine market was back around year 1900 albeit the primary ingredient is much safer now. Issues revolve around that there is no regulatory agency to ensure safe growing techniques were used. I would like to see pictures of a plant from the crop where the bud came from along with a signed document from the grower or supplier stating it is what it is. How about certified organic labeling? There is much to still develop, but yeah, certified slow cures would be nice as well.

I have a feeling as cannabis products become more widely accepted and mainstream, these issues will come up and be addressed.

:oops: sorry for going off on a tangent and thread jacking a bit.

At this point they are smokeable, hence moveable. I'll let them continue to cure but at this point but I doubt I'll let them 'dry' anymore. they have just a tad bit of crisp on them and they are sticky to touch as they should be but certainly not wet. Very smokeable in a piece or a J. I rotate jars twice a day to tumble the bud to make sure the buds on bottom get fresh air (2 burp session at 2-4 hrs... I think I said 1 earlier). I also keep the AC on, OSC fans going, and the RH is kept at 45-50.

They STINK like good hydro buds should!

Thanks 420, I always thought a burp was to open and close. It always seemed odd to me that opening the jar for a second or two would have much of a affect on the buds. Its good to know I can leave them open for more than the open and close of the jar. Thanks again...

Back
Top Bottom