4th Grow 12/12 - New Setup

ok here is a little up date. it looks like im getting the ph under control on my babies i think that first round of nutes from kellogg just threw my ph so fn outta whack i have had to take drastic measures to get it under control never again hahahaha they are still yellowing at the bottom leaves and i might of burned one of the smaller plants oops so i will mix up a different feeding for that one the rest are not showing much or at least just the slightest nute burn. thier ph is at about 6.5 and i just fed them last night with a ph 4.0 solution so i hope that does it. im going to test the hemp hurd b4 i start new plants with it to see if it is contributing to the high ph. Since i read that the hurd has a high amount of silica in it and my silica solution usually raises the ph of my nutes so it is making me curious. 2 of the plants are female but im not too sure im gonna get any thing substantial out of any of them since im planning on growing them out in the containers that they are in. You can see in the pics that they are still getting brown spots some ppl have said that that can be a P or K def. so am adding tiger bloom to my next feeding but i think im gonna give them plain water with cal/mag,silica and floranectar for the next watering. here are some pics. i have also included some pics of my new tent that im still in the process of completing but my fan did arrive yesterday and it is nice.

another shelf i built out of the carcass of my past set ups
P10100286.JPG

the new tent in progress or as i like to call it the monolith
P10100297.JPG

P10100305.JPG

P10100315.JPG

one of the 5244 females
P101000520.JPG

the other 5244 female
P101001411.JPG

lst'd skunk
P101001812.JPG

the other skunk this one did not stretch like the other
P101002410.JPG

5244 stunted/runt
P101002211.JPG

younger 5244
P101002110.JPG

pics of the yellowing and brown spots.
P10100255.JPG

P10100268.JPG

2 group shots
P10100277.JPG

thanx for dropping in :tokin:

ok so here is the updated strategy with a couple more pics. Im gonna transplant them on sunday well later today i guess hehe, the 2 female 5244's will go into 2 gal containers and the un lst'd skunk will also go into a 2gal. the rest will go into 1gal containers. i wasnt going to but they are really turning around for me and i have a lot of hope that they will flourish with more space and light. this way i don't have to mess with plants that are too far apart in age and height. im gonna do a 60/40 or 50/50 hemp/perlite mix much like what they are in now so that they don't freak out too much and then i will add put them into the monolith and see if i can turn jupiter in to a new sun. i want to go 12/12 and i really hope the transplant and the light switch isn't too much for them maybe ill go 16/8 any opinions about this would be great. if one of the skunks turns out to be a female im gonna cut a few clones off and take a shot at cloning. then in a month or maybe after these are done and if all goes well meaning if i don't f em up haha i will start some more with my green ppl seeds. then order some different strains for the fall.
P10100346.JPG

P10100337.JPG

P10100328.JPG

please excuse the dirty dishes
:tokin:

Hey thanx zombo
so i finished my set up and transplanted all my plants into larger containers. i transferred the female 5244 into a 2 gal and one of the skunk#1 in to a 2 gal i had suspected it would be female and today i got the good news that i have another lady in the house. the other 5244 that i had that i though was female turned out to be a male so i didn't transplant him. he will eventually go in to my little cfl box when his flowers develop more so i can pollinate the female and get some more seed from them. the others have not sexed yet. the fan i bought is fantstic and not too loud on the low setting but it does suck all the sides of my tent in hahaha
here are some pics of my babies
roots from the female 5244
P101000117.JPG

P101000215.JPG

P101000313.JPG

some groupshots of the plants and of the set up
P101000415.JPG

P101000522.JPG

P101000618.JPG

P101000813.JPG

P101001118.JPG

some are kinda light green i didn't water them enough cuz i was anticipating to transplant them and then i didn't so they got a bit of a deficiency but it looks like they are pulling out of that i must say that hempy is more challenging that soil cuz sht happens much quicker. one of the skunk #1 is totally stunted you can see in the lower right of one the last pic i think. but its in a 2 gal so may be it will come back. haha i love the t-5 bright low watts 220 sumthin and i can get a lot of plants under it.
i think im gonna flower 12/12 under it for about a month and then switch to my 400 watt hps after that.
maybe add some more plants to these hahaha

another little update the plants seem to be taking to thier new bigger homes very well i think charging the hemp hurd really helped the transition. the one thing i did do wrong was not hanging the t-5 light low enough so they have streached a bit some maybe due to the 12/12 light cycle as well. it looks like i have 5 females and one male who it trying his damnedist to go female hahaha but im gonna move him to my little cfl box so that he can flower and i can collect his pollen for the really healthy female 5244 when she really starts to flower. im also gonna get another slightly smaller 4" fan for my hid light when its time to set that baby up. here are some pics of the ladies and the one male.
these are all groups shots from left to right
female 5244, skunk#1 female,a slightly stunted skunk#1,male 5244 in front in the small container,behind the male is the younger 5244 that looks like a female as of today, and a super stunted skunk#1 on the far right
P101000118.JPG

P101000314.JPG

P101000416.JPG

P101000719.JPG

thanx for stoppin in

Ok for any one who was receiving updates on this journal i will tell you what happened. the plants started dropping many leaves and i eventually cut most of the lower branches and flowered them under the T5, they got crystal and dense for a florescent light but i only harvested about 12.5 grams bummer right... yep. but i am now making a tincture out of that bud in hopes of making some candy with it in about a month. I will post a few pics of the stick plants i ended up with. and that that raps up this grow.
i think the small containers that they were put into and the ph problems plus the cal mag def. really stunted their growth but i do have a new jornal starting this time under the t-5 and will add my 400hps in about month. its is a comparison of sorts hemp hurd again as a medium with mostly hydro non organic nutes and then a ffof with all organic nutes. i will give more details when i start a new journal thread.
this grow is complete
thanx for following along

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom