4th week of flowering

Blazingdragon

Hi all. I'm a first time poster first time grower and would really appreciate some insight on my progress. I am coming into week five of flowering and my plants are at around 2 foot. They haven't stretched much at all since I've flipped the 12/12 switch. Now I suspect this is down to not filling the pots with enough soil. Steep learning curve for a first timer. Buds are there but are quite small, around the size of a penny. The question I'd like to ask is should I expect any further stretch regardless of the amount of soil in my pot and does anyone have any ideas regarding the amount yielded from a 2 footer? I'm still trying to figure out how to upload pics and will do so oncentre enlightened. Many thanks BD

Hi all. I'm a first time poster first time grower and would really appreciate some insight on my progress. I am coming into week five of flowering and my plants are at around 2 foot. They haven't stretched much at all since I've flipped the 12/12 switch. Now I suspect this is down to not filling the pots with enough soil. Steep learning curve for a first timer. Buds are there but are quite small, around the size of a penny. The question I'd like to ask is should I expect any further stretch regardless of the amount of soil in my pot and does anyone have any ideas regarding the amount yielded from a 2 footer? I'm still trying to figure out how to upload pics and will do so oncentre enlightened. Many thanks BD

Welcome BD! You have stumbled upon the largest resource of information in the cannabis culture.

As always pictures tell a lot more than you think in this hobby. Since you have been having troubles, there is a link in my signature that tells ya how to upload pictures. But it's pretty easy. :thumb:

As for your plant...what strain is it? What are you environment conditions? What type of lights are you using? Nutrients? Soil? Size of pot or container? A lot of variables.

When you say 2' tall, I assume it wasn't topped and looks like a Christmas tree? Lol

Best of luck!

Hi nismo . Thanks for your quick reply. Pictures are within the link above. Trial and error lol but I'll get it.
Regarding the plants I'm using 2 x 600 bulbs over 4 plants total. Using canna flora nutes watering once every other day. Have an oscillating fan with outgoing fan too. Temperature is good at around 29degrees. My main concern is the size of the bud Should these be bigger and smelling? Will they likely swell up over the next couple of weeks? Not sure on the strain. Cutting bought from a friend.

Since you didn't tell us anything about what you are growing, it is impossible to know how they will finish.
They probably won't stretch any more - just bulk up.
I'm totally guessing (see above), but I'd say you are roughly half way through the bloom phase.
We also don't know the size of your pot, but if the plant is 2' above the soil, it appears to be maybe 3 gallons (?).
If any of the above guesses are correct, I'd say you are looking at about 2 zips per plant. It could easily be half that much or double that much - just not enough information.

Hi nismo . Thanks for your quick reply. Pictures are within the link above. Trial and error lol but I'll get it.
Regarding the plants I'm using 2 x 600 bulbs over 4 plants total. Using canna flora nutes watering once every other day. Have an oscillating fan with outgoing fan too. Temperature is good at around 29degrees. My main concern is the size of the bud Should these be bigger and smelling? Will they likely swell up over the next couple of weeks? Not sure on the strain. Cutting bought from a friend.

Everything you have said sounds like you are on the right track. What size pots are they in to be watered every 2 days?

You have plenty of light with 2 600s and 4 plants. Temps are good. Well you have everything going for ya, just need to wait to finish her out. The last 3 weeks they put on a lot of weight.

Have you considered starting a journal? Check it out in the grow room. It was one of the first things I did when joining here and it has helped tremendously.

Yes PITA they are 3 galls . The strain as I said I'm not sure of so in that regards hoping for the best. Would you say the buds are where they need to be at this stage?

Yes PITA they are 3 galls . The strain as I said I'm not sure of so in that regards hoping for the best. Would you say the buds are where they need to be at this stage?

IMO, if you water every other day, one of two things is wrong:
1) You are watering too often (doesn't appear to be the case).
2) Your plants are heavily root bound. In this case, you either veg'd too long, or used pots that are too small for what you are trying to do.

They look fine but since we don't know what they are, it is impossible to know what they should look like at this stage. I've had plants finish in 6 weeks. Others have taken 6 months.

Yeah the soil dries up very quickly. Definitely not enough soil in there which I guess has stunted the growth. I'll head your advice on the journal front. Many thanks.

You mentioned being root bound which I expect you be the most likely scenario of stunted growth. Would it be worth repotting to a larger pot or would you not take the risk at this stage? Thanks again for your input.

Back
Top Bottom