4x4 - LED - Grow Tent - Ventilation & Irrigation Set Up - Advice Welcome

JCallx1x4

Hi Everyone,
I am a new member and a new grower beginning my first real indoor set up. I just have a couple questions on set up and was curious to some recommended methods.
My tent is a 4x4x7
I am using 1 400 watt LED combined with 2 240 watt LEDs, and hopefully adding another 240 watt or 450 watt when the finances are a little better.(177 watt actual power from the 400watt and 140 watts each for the 2 240 watt lights, 457 total actual wattage)

I made the mistake of rushing into my first indoor grow to help a friend save two plants that were in rough shape. The major problem i encountered was powdery mildew due to a lack of proper ventilation, specifically no exhaust fan. Therefore my first question is concerning ventilation options. I plan on using a 420 CFM Can Fan Pro Series, with built in speed controller, as an exhaust fan hung inside the tent and venting out of a basement window. I was curious to know if this is a suitable fan for this set up, and since smell is not an issue if i should still utilize a carbon filter? For now i was planning on skipping the carbon filter and using only the fan. I planned on just hanging the fan using rope ratchets and using a length of ducting on the exhaust side of the fan attached to basically a dryer vent window adapter to exhaust through my basement window. Inside the tent I will use two oscillating fans for circulation with one just above the canopy and one near the bottom of the canopy. A dehumidifier with sit inside the tent while an air purifier will sit just outside of the tent. Sound like a reasonable set up?
-Temp inside basement is 60-65 during winter and 68-75 during summer

My second question is concerning irrigation. I will be growing in soil(well a soil less medium like Fox Farms Ocean Forest with supplemental liquid nutrient from fox farms) and am hoping to do a SCROG grow. Ive always hand mixed my nutrients and hand watered but with a SCROG grow i feel the hand watering may be tough to do inside the tent so i was thinking of changing to some form of drip irrigation to automate the watering. Firstly has anyone used a drip irrigation for soil grows? and secondly what is the best method of injecting liquid nutrients into the reservoir holding the water? I planned to use a 55 gallon tank/reservoir with a submersible pump and some form of fertilizer injector.

any type of help would be appreciated, and again I'm relatively new to this so if I'm misguided my apologies for wasting anyones time.

thanks everyone!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom