5 gallon bucket

3/4 of my plants are currently in 5 gallon pots. Yesterday I transplanted a 3 gallon pot to a 5 gallon pot. Everything was going fine ; moreover , some roots did fall off during the process. The plant looks fine at the moment. I'm now hesitant on transplanting the other 3 gallon plant , I think I'm going to wait and see if the recent plant survives for a few days. Also: I stopped by my local dispensary & picked up two clones. Sour Diesel , & Humboldt Black Gold ; however , I realized I need to go into flower. What would you do ? My Blue Dream plants are ready for the 1000W HPS 12/12.

It will be fine just water with ph balanced water and let the others get more roots established before transplanting again maybe 5 to 7 days. Also be careful very careful dispensary Clones 8 out of 10 times have mites. Seriously. Unless it's very reputable like Cloners market

Quarantine those new Clones if possible. Also alot of Clones at those random dispensaries have weak genetics in general. Go seed or very reputable grower/breeder and if possible look at mothers for signs of pests and poor genetics

Quarantine those new Clones if possible. Also alot of Clones at those random dispensaries have weak genetics in general. Go seed or very reputable grower/breeder and if possible look at mothers for signs of pests and poor genetics

Blue Dream Clones: On average I probably see one or two fruit flies.
Humboldt Black Gold & Sour Diesel: Before the bud tender handed over the clones he mentioned all clones are now being tested for everything & that's why his shop in particular jacked up the price $20 ea clone. The bud tender pulled out sample nugs for each clone he had in the back ; however , the bud tender did not share :(
Also: The bud tender showed me a nug of the uncommon Humboldt Black Gold. I was not impressed. The Humboldt nug had two different colors.Dark Green & Bright Green. The nug had a Unique/Exotic look ; moreover , I have seen better. ... 7.5/10

Glad you were able to get one plant switched over. I hate transplanting myself. The wife has a ton of flowers and some are bulbs. Eventually you end up having to move them to bigger pots. The clover is the worst. She got it from her Grandma who got it from her mother so it's been in the family for decades. I hate having to move that to another pot. It is pretty hardy though. If your nervous about that last one, just take your time. Better to be safe than sorry. Get some friends or something to help you with it to be as gentle as possible.

Also, thanks for all the info on the clones guys. Have been thinking about grabbing some, but am not sure what to even look for. You guys are on top of this shit!! answering questions before I can even ask. So in love with this site!!!!! Anyhow, keep it going brother!!!!

I'd honestly say buy seed Sex those bitches (hopefully lol) and then clone and have bug free great Strains. But if your impatient in a hurry or well hate sexing plants then get a clone or two. Only from mothers you can inspect though. Dispensaries more often than not are there to make a quick buck. They could care less if you got a weak strain. They usually make up a lame ass excuse like oh yeah we don't get Clones from that guy anymore. Uh yeah right. You usually are that guy! Dont buy unless you can look at mothers period. Just like spending alot of money on a good dog breed. You want to see the parents. Grant it a clone may only cost 5-10$ but could be worth 10s of thousands long term

My space is limited to just one grow room. I may have to invest into a tent or find another solution because the Blue Dream plants are ready for flower stage. What if I used my weak T5 light fixture 12/12 & switched over to HPS1000W 12/12 for the new clones. What would happen ?

I'm going to use my bathroom as a veg room.I will use my small T5 Light fixture.2 ft (24 watt) w/4 Bulbs. In my original grow room as seen in photos I'm going to switch over to a 1000W HPS bulb on Friday or Saturday & start to flower the Blue Dream Plants. I wonder if showering will harm the plants ? meh...I'm guessing I might have to deal with mold. IDK .. I don't have much of a choice !

Why shower them? If you want to foliar feed I'd recommend just once twice tops in veg. Maybe once early bud. I keep moisture away from budding buds if at all possible

Hey Dave C... It depends on a lot of factors, If you don't know what your doing and can't grow really well you could end up with very little or nothing, If you know what your doing and practice, LST trainning and fimming, and topping your plant or grow them out big you may come away with a 1lb in 5 gallon bucket. In the end I guess it all really depends on your skill level as a grower, I've seen bad grows come away out of 5 gallon bucket with only an oz or 2, and I've seen grows of up to a pound come away from a 5 gallon bucket. Different growers different skill set. Good luck on your grow, I'm around if you have anymore questions..
1567099585952.gif
Cheers!

5 gallon pots are perfect if you are growing indoors. They work great outdoors too, but most plants have the potential to get a lot bigger if the pots are bigger. When I first moved into the house I'm living in now back in 2012, I started with 5 gallon pots. They work great and the plants usually get between 4 and 5 feet tall. Then I went to 20 gallon pots and it was definitely a step up. Now I only use 50 gallon cloth pots for outdoors. The plants get huge now. MY tallest one is almost 7 feet from the ground up. but with pots that big, I can only get 3 pots on my deck.

Back
Top Bottom