60 Day Wonder Help

quietsvn

I germinated my 60 Day Wonders (x3) on 12/28/2015.

One of the seeds didn't pop so that left me with two. Of the two that did one is growing great while the other is struggling getting past seedling. Is the runt able to be saved? Since these seeds are genetic mutants is the germination rate lower?

I am using:

Coco 70% / Perlite 30%
PH'd water & soil
Fox Farms Nutes
3 CFL 125 Watts on 24 hour schedule

Attached are some photos.

IMG_95472.JPG

IMG_95462.JPG

What are your soil temperatures like?

What is your watering situation like?

I'm no master grower but from what i've read it seems that planting straight into a huge smart pot like that can make for a challenging germination.

I killed about 15-20 seeds in a row this fall before building a soil warmer.

From the strong yellowing on the leaf it looks like the growth is stunted and probably experiencing some sort of nutrient burn.

How far are your lights normally? CFL can be mere inches away from the plant, and in fact this distance is almost required.

I probably won't be much help since I'm not familiar with the strain and I don't do coco, but...
I'd lose the little one. Not because it won't make it, but if you only have 3 CFL bulbs, you won't increase your yield with two plants. You will need a lot more light, IMO. Also, I'd lose the 24/0 light cycle. Everything does better with a little rest - even quick autos.

I don't buy the "60 days", but from what little I know about it, the plant should get at least 18" - 24". Since you are half way there, it appears something is not firing on all cylinders. I've not read reports of poor germination. Are you seeing any evidence of flowers yet?

I think your big limitation is the amount of light. Those CFLs should be almost touching the plant(s) - maybe 1" - 2" away.

What are your soil temperatures like?
68 F Soil
84 F Ambient

What is your watering situation like?
Nutes / Water / Off - only water on dry soil

I start off in plugs then move to 4" containers then to the larger bags. Its weird since I saw the taproot from the little one thru the bottom of the 4" cup.

This is my first time using this strain and from some other reviews seemed to be decent in a quick grow with about an ounce yield.

The CFL's are about 4" from the plants with two 02 fans running on them.

Ill drop the light cycle down to 18/6 see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom