600 watt HPS & seeds in soil - New grower

xMEADx

Hi i'm a new poster and first time grower and just need to ask a little questeon, if anybody could help it would be great :) I'm growing 4 plant's under a 600w HPS light, i'm pretty sure it's HPS? it's an Omega 600w Superlumen bulb and it give's of a sunny/orange glow, my first seed has just popped it's little head up and i'm worried I have my light to close/not close enough. At the moment it's about 18inch's away. My plant's are in seperate little potting cup's and I was planning on moving them in about 2 week's after the emerge into 12 litre growing bag's using Miracle Grow compost. Also any advice on watering my seed's would be great.

Re: 600 watt HPS and seed's in soil, new grower.

:welcome: to :420:

That does sound too close. And, "Yes." a yellow HID = HPS.
I use a 600W HPS keep my light fairly high and let the plants grow up to it. That way they get acclimated gradually. I'd start off at about 30" (at least 24"). You can lower after a week or two if you think they need more light. Better to be safe than sorry.

Great help thank's for the quick reply i've been sat here a little worried, I feel reasured now i'm not doing something massively wrong i'm so nervous about this I just want it to go right!

Great help thank's for the quick reply i've been sat here a little worried, I feel reasured now i'm not doing something massively wrong i'm so nervous about this I just want it to go right!

No worries. You'll do great! Lots of very talented growers here to watch over your shoulder, if you like.
Consider starting a journal. That's the best way to meet others and get consistent, useful support.

Back
Top Bottom