6000watt CO2 36 NYCD Hydro Set-up

Going to do a resivor change today. My resivor is 25 gallon, my RO water sits in a 55 gallon drum, and I have a 30 gallon drum backup with nutes.This drum has only A and B no additives I use this to top off my tank everyday or when needed, and when 30 gallon drum is empty it's res change time. So basically I feed only 25 gallons of full strength everything, then top off with just bloom A and B. I think thats where AN gets you using full strength additives all the time jacks up your nutes expense.
During this hydro experience I have learned when feeding to multi site system, you must build a manifold to evenly distribute the water, otherwise your last bucket in the system gets the lowest amount of water or gpm, a manifold prevents that, everything flows even now.
I'm not going to post any pics till some bud sites develop, I know boring journal atm sorry few more weeks and it will be rocking in the flower room. I can't wait!!!!

New York City Diesel
Day 8 Bloom of 70
EC 1.8
PH 5.6-6.2
Res temp. 65F
Humidity 50%-55%
Room Temp 78F-80F Night time temps are 70F
CO2 1200ppm

just poking in again to learn a bit more. Nice edumactional thread here.

If/when you get your controller or whenever you get a sec, would you mind poking in to my thread and letting me know what you like about the controller, and if it does what you expected, and what you were expecting. I'm building one, and looking for all the nice features I can find to build in.

Props again for a great setup. This is the way indoor should be grown.
:nicethread:

Instead of the PH intellidoser im going to invest it in seeds. (Thanks to Labrat for showing his collection, prompt me to do this) This is what im planning on so far. I will be ordering these from 1 of the sponsors websites.
If there is a strain you would like to see feel free to post them. The 6000 watt will be comming down soon as it is done, smoke should last me and my buddy and good long time :grinjoint:All the equip is already taken, i will be using the funds from that equipment to buy my list above.I think the budget will be around 10k. I will be setting up the 2000 watt for my personal use. I will be trying many strains, doing side by side comparison nutrients and even bulbs.

Anyone happen to know why some of these seeds cost so much more than the others being the same strain? Is it cuz you get more of the same pheno types more uniform seeds?

Sensi Seed Mr. nice G-13 x Hash plant
Sensi Seed Ed Rosenthal Super Bud
Sensi Seed Northen Light
Dutch Passion Blueberry
Strawberry Cough
Fucking Incredible
Trainwreck

Instead of the PH intellidoser im going to invest it in seeds. (Thanks to Labrat for showing his collection, prompt me to do this) This is what im planning on so far. I will be ordering these from 1 of the sponsors websites.
If there is a strain you would like to see feel free to post them. The 6000 watt will be comming down soon as it is done, smoke should last me and my buddy and good long time :grinjoint:All the equip is already taken, i will be using the funds from that equipment to buy my list above.I think the budget will be around 10k. I will be setting up the 2000 watt for my personal use. I will be trying many strains, doing side by side comparison nutrients and even bulbs.

Anyone happen to know why some of these seeds cost so much more than the others being the same strain? Is it cuz you get more of the same pheno types more uniform seeds?

Sensi Seed Mr. nice G-13 x Hash plant
Sensi Seed Ed Rosenthal Super Bud
Sensi Seed Northen Light
Dutch Passion Blueberry
Strawberry Cough
Fucking Incredible
Trainwreck

You definitely know what you're doing, so take my thoughts as just that - stoned thoughts.

re why some cost more - I've done a hell of a lot of research on the various seeds and strains - including calling and talking to lots of the breeders (gotta love Skype). Here's what I THINK I've decided:

First - there are some places that simply charge more. No reasonable explanation other than they can I guess. I also think the vibe online for seeds has changed. I think there used to be more banks that would sell re-grown seeds from the original. In other words - buy 10 seeds, grow them for seed, then sell those seeds. Theoretically the same strain, but we all know how our strains change over time in our own space. That's why all the good places say "seeds come in their original packages". And the packages are designed so they can only be opened once.

Second - The closer to the original award winning mother you get. For the high end strains, the good breeders are selling seeds from clones of the same mom and pop of the winner. These are the tier 1 places like SensiSeeds, Barney's Farm, and some others. These are still hybrids, but you can be confident that if they have a plant that won an award, you are getting that pheno.

Third - how do they get their female seeds? There are basically three different ways to get feminized seeds - they all involve stressing the plant. Two involve using chemicals. One of the chem is toxic the other is not, but the toxic one seems to work better. And the third way is to collect the over-ripe "bannanas" after budding. Then pollenate the next batch with that "female" pollen and they will produce feminized seeds. But that method takes two cycles. I'm going to try this third method in a few months btw.

So - there you go - my summary of seeds research.

One other thought - I have multiple strains going in a single ebb and grow system right now - AK47 and Kali-Mist. The AK is showing purpling in her veins a little and really gobbles up nutes - then the purp goes away. If I put the nutes at the level the AK likes, the Kali starts to show a little bit of tip burn. So just some words of caution regarding having too many different strains in 1 ebb and grow.

Damn - that was a rant - sorry. Hope it helps.

P.S. - I'm super jealous of the IceBoxes.

You definitely know what you're doing, so take my thoughts as just that - stoned thoughts.

re why some cost more - I've done a hell of a lot of research on the various seeds and strains - including calling and talking to lots of the breeders (gotta love Skype). Here's what I THINK I've decided:

First - there are some places that simply charge more. No reasonable explanation other than they can I guess. I also think the vibe online for seeds has changed. I think there used to be more banks that would sell re-grown seeds from the original. In other words - buy 10 seeds, grow them for seed, then sell those seeds. Theoretically the same strain, but we all know how our strains change over time in our own space. That's why all the good places say "seeds come in their original packages". And the packages are designed so they can only be opened once.

Second - The closer to the original award winning mother you get. For the high end strains, the good breeders are selling seeds from clones of the same mom and pop of the winner. These are the tier 1 places like SensiSeeds, Barney's Farm, and some others. These are still hybrids, but you can be confident that if they have a plant that won an award, you are getting that pheno.

Third - how do they get their female seeds? There are basically three different ways to get feminized seeds - they all involve stressing the plant. Two involve using chemicals. One of the chem is toxic the other is not, but the toxic one seems to work better. And the third way is to collect the over-ripe "bannanas" after budding. Then pollenate the next batch with that "female" pollen and they will produce feminized seeds. But that method takes two cycles. I'm going to try this third method in a few months btw.

So - there you go - my summary of seeds research.

One other thought - I have multiple strains going in a single ebb and grow system right now - AK47 and Kali-Mist. The AK is showing purpling in her veins a little and really gobbles up nutes - then the purp goes away. If I put the nutes at the level the AK likes, the Kali starts to show a little bit of tip burn. So just some words of caution regarding having too many different strains in 1 ebb and grow.

Damn - that was a rant - sorry. Hope it helps.

P.S. - I'm super jealous of the IceBoxes.

Okay thanks for the info I will stick with my choices then. I was thinking ordering seeds for 240.00@10 was a little crazy. I want some bombass smoke so i'll take the risk. Tired of paying high prices to medicate, and it's not even that great. I would rate what I have been getting lately only about a 4/10. I can smoke up to 10gms a day prob more if i'm on here reading journals. The Ice box is cheap, it's the chiller that will sink your wallet. If your growing several strains, I would prob use some kind of soiless mixture and hand water.
Make 1 tank of nutrientrs at highest ppm/EC then dilute with water as you feed individual strain. I recommend using a chiller for your nutrient tank, if your tank gets above 70F. I have kept mine at 60F before, but since i run such a large setup chiller is insufficent now. Thats why I keep a small tank only 25 gallons to minimize cooling efforts. More maintanance, but i'm in the garden everday anyways.
Some people might think i'm crazy to spend so much money on a garden, but I can assure you i'm still saving money in the long run. 1 oz a week @300 is 1200 x 12 months of so so buds ( harvest early, no flusing, looks good but smokes like crap, im sure you all know what i am talking about.)

Just Hoppin on board! Great work, about how big is your area btw? I'm trying to figure out the best way to utlize my lighting and this a good example. Also how do you feel about going all out with nutes for a first time grower? If i haven't done it before should i try and do it if i can use the exact reccomended formula? (also i'm not doing hydro so there is less risk, but i saw you had previous successful non-hydro grows)
Thanks
:peace:

These were just taken today
DSC03869.JPG

DSC03870.JPG

DSC03871.JPG

DSC03872.JPG

DSC03874.JPG

DSC03873.JPG

DSC03876.JPG

DSC03877.JPG

Just Hoppin on board! Great work, about how big is your area btw? I'm trying to figure out the best way to utlize my lighting and this a good example. Also how do you feel about going all out with nutes for a first time grower? If i haven't done it before should i try and do it if i can use the exact reccomended formula? (also i'm not doing hydro so there is less risk, but i saw you had previous successful non-hydro grows)
Thanks

Footprint of plant area is 12' x 12' . That's 6 plants per light (6 plants occupy 4' x 6' area) I did not have movers on previous grows. I would not go anymore than 6 with this strain. As for nutes there's alot out there, use what you feel like you can handle. Mixing 6 or 7 bottles plus powders not easy and dose take some time.

Footprint of plant area is 12' x 12' . That's 6 plants per light (6 plants occupy 4' x 6' area) I did not have movers on previous grows. I would not go anymore than 6 with this strain. As for nutes there's alot out there, use what you feel like you can handle. Mixing 6 or 7 bottles plus powders not easy and dose take some time.

Thanks, that helped me alot. There's not alot of Larger scale grows on here :thanks:
can't wait to see the next update ^^

not sure if this is true but I've read that increasing the temp of your grow is necessary when you increase co2... Have you tried this? I've found a recommended temp is between 80-90F

Well I may be late, but I'm here. Love the setup and ambition. Think I'll hang out and watch this one all the way through.

+Rep for doing it all right so far

Back
Top Bottom