600W HID exhaust issue

iSmokes

I'm currently using a cfl/led combo for my grow, and it's working like a charm so far. For my next grow, however, I was thinking about switching to HID's. Going with a standard AC reflector connected to a carbon filter on one end and 450 CFM inline exhaust pulling on the other end and pushing the air outside.
Now my question is, while my tent's temps will stay optimal with a good cool HPS, will my room's temps stay cool as well? I'm just thinking about the heat that will be pumped straight out of the tent into the room, how bad is it? Has anybody every tried this before? I'm in an apartment, and my only other option would be to literally stick a vent duct from my exhaust and have it hang at my window (which is something I would LOVE to avoid lol).
Thanks in advance for any advice or tips n tricks.
Cheers :grinjoint:

If the grow tent is in a room with window closed & door closed, lets just call it a sealed room...

The warm air extracted is pumped in to sealed room raising temperatures which is in turn used to cool reflector making the cooling less effective & if using a passive intake this warm air warms up growing area... defeats the object really !

I would be more incline to vent warm air out side of growing room area into a hall way, another room, under the floor boards is a good option if living on a ground floor apartment :thumb:

I also like having a window or 2 open a jar on security latch this allows new air into the grow area/room to help provide a fresh supply of co2 etc

Also variables such as summer time temps may effect ambient house hold temps etc all depends on where in the world you are & if air conditioning is aviable etc, also in winter people may use central heating this effects in door temps which may raise growing room temps by a few C... i would be tempted to turn off the radiator in that room tho.

Hope that helps a tad :peace:

The door to the room is usually open to the rest of the apartment. The intake, although passive, is being sucked from the main living area. The apartment is kept at 72 all year long there's no problem there. AC is on in the summer and IF it gets cold then heat is on in the winter. I'm just thinking the lamp will keep heating my small apartment which will keep the AC running way more than it should.
I do live on the ground floor that's why I don't want to exhaust from my window lol. I don't understand what "under the floor boards" means tho. I've lived in a country with cement buildings my whole life. I'm very unfamiliar with the way buildings are built here :) moved recently. It's just all wood. If you can explain more that would be awesome.
Cheers :grinjoint: and :thanks:

The exhaust from lamp should not warm the area up a great deal tho providing their is plenty of new/fresh air exchange it may raise local vincinity temps by a very small amount at the most.

lol, floor boards ah.

Well i live in house which is some 100 years old & built in 1906, brick walls etc & wooden floors which is basically planks of wood nailed to wooden beams with a small space under neath to provide venting from exterior vent bricks.. stops rot in the wood etc

This space under neath the wooden floor can be used to vent warm exhaust from grow light/rooms into the cooler air under the floor boards & dispearse the heat... its a little trick which can used if worried about FLIR & warm air exhaust !

All depends on how the house/building is constructed whether a new construction or old etc.

Also heard of people plumbing in exhaust vents into the sewer via tiolet waste pipe etc

Yeh I don't think I can do the floor board thing :). All I see is carpet lol. It's not my house too, it's an apartment so I don't want to be messing with it too much. I guess I'll look for some journals with people who cooled a 600w and vented inside. If it won't raise my apartment temps by much, that means I'll be ok. I was just worried that it would be a heat generator, and my AC will have to be on all the time if I set the thermostat to 72-73. I've only tried 150W and 250W hps before, and I was shocked by how much heat they give off. The thought of a 600 scares me lol.

If you vent your heat outside the tent but into the bedroom it will be sucked back into the tent via negative pressure.

You're going to need to dim the 600w down or vent it out of the window. Also the heater vent can work too, I did that in my apartment it worked so-so, I had LED so was able of getting away with more heat.

Back
Top Bottom