A Nice HID Grow Light

How much cheaper is building your own LED as opposed to buying one prebuilt?
about half cost or better.

And where can you get decent equipment to build my own LED?

amazon, ali baba, mouser, newark, digi-key, etc, etc and the hardware store.

Is the end product any better than buying a Spider Farmer or Mars Hydro?

infinitely. you can customize it for your space as well.

Maybe @bluter has some ideas? I haven’t gone down that road yet, but the more I think about it the more tempting it looks.

I'm definitely interested in learning more about this DIY

for those with no experience i recommend reading through led gardener dot com. loads of info in a pretty easy to digest form, example builds, and driver calculators for both strip and cob builds. strip builds are becoming the norm. it's a led based site, not focused on cannabis alone.

if you find them - try to watch gromau5 vids. i think most of his stuff got pulled though. had a series of easy to comprehend primer vids and a bunch of more advanced stuff. i highly recommend the primer vids for new folk.

it's not that hard to build a decent rig. take some time to understand the principles, the different ways to wire them, types of drivers, constant current vs constant voltage etc. even just the difference between volts, amps, and watts.

once you know how they work you'll never look at a light the same again, and you'll gain a lot from the knowledge.

amazon, ali baba, mouser, newark, digi-key, etc, etc and the hardware store.

You used DigiKey Electronics and Alibaba in the same universe sentence. LMAO. "Hey, come on over for supper, it'll be great. I'll either fix homegrown grass-fed (beef) steaks or maggot stew."

You used DigiKey Electronics and Alibaba in the same universe sentence. LMAO. "Hey, come on over for supper, it'll be great. I'll either fix homegrown grass-fed (beef) steaks or maggot stew."

lol. i know what you mean. if you don't get a crap knock-off, you can find good gear on alibaba. you have to really know what you are buying and from who though.

edit : should have added amazon / alibaba can be good for things like wago connectors, wire, potentiometers. the cheaper hardware. trust the better retailers for chipsets and drivers.

Back
Top Bottom