Absolutely Gutted!

Yeah that is actually true. I think its up-to a $10,000 fine for bringing in a fruit at the airport!!! Even importing a jar of honey will get you into REAL trouble! Not kidding!

i believe it. hawaii is apparently messed right up from non native plants and diseases now.

one of the issues with cannabis seeds is bringing russet mites in with them. they've been known to be able to travel on the seeds. they are microscopic and there is no way to eradicate them once you have them other than scorched earth.

if they find a native host they'll destroy the natural ecosystem easy.

I think these "things" get in all different ways. I mean when you look at the millions of tons of air/sea cargo, shipping, boats, tourists (and their baggage), immigrants personal belongings (by the container load), migrating birds, ship-rats etc etc etc..... we are never going to escape disease or mites from one source or another!
The few seeds I managed to get went directly into a deep freeze, and stayed there for a week or so. Any living creature would have perished I'm sure.
Most of the plant and animal issues we have here, were brought years ago by settlers, either for food, sport or just to make them feel at home! They obviously didn't realise the full future impact of bringing a "foreign" species into a different ecosystem.
Now we have deer, wild boar, rabbits, rodents and a myriad of obnoxious weeds and aquatic pests. All (most) of which were introduced purposely.
Humans huh, we can F-up anything we touch and everywhere we go!

This is why we NEED cannabis. So with all that's going on around us, we can still chill out and appreciate things without getting stressed.
"So THAT your honour, is why I purchased the cannabis seeds in the first place....I rest my case!" :rofl:

i believe it. hawaii is apparently messed right up from non native plants and diseases now.

one of the issues with cannabis seeds is bringing russet mites in with them. they've been known to be able to travel on the seeds. they are microscopic and there is no way to eradicate them once you have them other than scorched earth.

if they find a native host they'll destroy the natural ecosystem easy.
California and Arizona have a Point of Entry for entering into their state. I hauled produce and it was always inspected by Agricultural Inspectors. CL🍀

California and Arizona have a Point of Entry for entering into their state. I hauled produce and it was always inspected by Agricultural Inspectors. CL🍀
That seems a little bizarre, I mean, the US is all the same landmass. Its not like pests of one sort or another can't get blown across, or carried on an animal etc. But hey, we do all we can I guess.....

That seems a little bizarre, I mean, the US is all the same landmass. Its not like pests of one sort or another can't get blown across, or carried on an animal etc. But hey, we do all we can I guess.....
I think it’s just a precautionary measure because in the Southern states they accidentally imported fire 🔥 ants 🐜 from South America. They don’t have any out West and they don’t want anyone bringing them in accidentally. There’s also some kind of Citrus fungus that can cause millions in damages to the industry. The state of Florida has a big problem with Invasive Species. Plants and animals. CL🍀

I was in Florida way back in 93 or 94 I think it was. Spent a month on holiday. Stayed in a motel in Sanford for most of the time.... apart from a few nights spent with a woman I "engaged" with, in her Condo. Good times as I recall. 😁
I lived there for about 13 years, right across the street from the beach. It was heaven on earth. The fishing was great but the tourist chicks were fantastic. I’m in Chicago now taking care of my elderly Mother but I’m going back someday. CL🍀

The few seeds I managed to get went directly into a deep freeze, and stayed there for a week or so. Any living creature would have perished I'm sure.

russets can survive in space. you really don't want them.

Back
Top Bottom