Acid Fem Indoor Soil 2020

Are GROW BAGS supposed to have plastic liners with a drainholes in the bottom

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@013 Thanks alot for the Bug Report way back when brother,when I was having weird Bonsai problems.
Microscopic bugs lol..who woulda thought ?
Acquired that small microscope and getting my shit together slowly.
Lost all the clones etc due to Spider Mites or Fungus Gnats or just plain bad luck not sure.
So now in the last few months have been focusing on fem bonsai drying out large and cleaning up remaining larvae or pupae in the soil.
Took 15 clones trimming her up yesterday..maybe my luck has changed
Hows growth on your end ?

Belated Happy Birthday Herby :happy-birthday:

Glad some of my rambling helped! Oh no... sorry I didn’t see the tag, but thats exactly how to summon anyone by putting the @ sign or you can send a private message or pm. Anyway I junked up my settings because I was getting 121 email notices a day for every thread comment dropped so I tweaked settings a bit too much apparently and no longer get notifications.

Wow - that’s a monster girl you have there!!! She looks about ready for the prom. But I do agree with your strategy of trying to kill the critters before the flip. Its hard to eradicate pests on a larger plant since there are more hiding spots. Your plant is too big for this right now but I had 2 trained flat and wide so I just covered the soil with a cardboard cutout and flipped the plants upside down while supporting the cardboard so the soil and plant wouldn’t fall out.... while I held them upside down I dunked all of the foliage in large tub of well mixed Neem water solution. I thought I would win this battle but the mites... well they kicked my arse...

In the final chapter I just lost everything due to mites. The White Widow and the Blue Dream both had 11 weeks of veg so that sucked big time. I was trying to kill the mites and then flip them over. I had both spider mites and some tiny but fast moving white mites in the soil. Anyway I’m cleaning and nuking the room, tossing out the old soil, I will be starting colonies of earth worms, rove beetles and predatory mites in some LOS that I’ve been cooking for several months. I’m going to try to do a hempy run in the meantime just to get all of the old pest infested soil stuff out of the grow room.

so yes sir, I hear you about the pests, they really bite!

Good to see you around dude!

Belated Happy Birthday Herby :happy-birthday:

Glad some of my rambling helped! Oh no... sorry I didn’t see the tag, but thats exactly how to summon anyone by putting the @ sign or you can send a private message or pm. Anyway I junked up my settings because I was getting 121 email notices a day for every thread comment dropped so I tweaked settings a bit too much apparently and no longer get notifications.

Wow - that’s a monster girl you have there!!! She looks about ready for the prom. But I do agree with your strategy of trying to kill the critters before the flip. Its hard to eradicate pests on a larger plant since there are more hiding spots. Your plant is too big for this right now but I had 2 trained flat and wide so I just covered the soil with a cardboard cutout and flipped the plants upside down while supporting the cardboard so the soil and plant wouldn’t fall out.... while I held them upside down I dunked all of the foliage in large tub of well mixed Neem water solution. I thought I would win this battle but the mites... well they kicked my arse...

In the final chapter I just lost everything due to mites. The White Widow and the Blue Dream both had 11 weeks of veg so that sucked big time. I was trying to kill the mites and then flip them over. I had both spider mites and some tiny but fast moving white mites in the soil. Anyway I’m cleaning and nuking the room, tossing out the old soil, I will be starting colonies of earth worms, rove beetles and predatory mites in some LOS that I’ve been cooking for several months. I’m going to try to do a hempy run in the meantime just to get all of the old pest infested soil stuff out of the grow room.

so yes sir, I hear you about the pests, they really bite!

Good to see you around dude!
Thanks man for telling me your BUG STORY,sorry to hear you lost that grow. It sucks and the work time is keeping us from the outdoors but its a life experience,right,wrong,I need the buds..lol :bongrip:
I wish I knew where those mites came from,but impossible to say,unless they were dormant in a bag of soil I had in that room?
My exhaust fan hasn't been running much ,so they may have snuck in from outside thru the duct tube.
The fungus Gnats came from house plants,man they loved my lady,but I'm kicking their asses by dusting Diatometrius Earth splattered on the foliage and in the soil. The critters in the soil you mentioned could have been Fungus Gnat pupae,they have 4 stages life cycle and eat the roots..
Rove beetles have the interesting habit of raising up the end of their bodies like a scorpion when disturbed or frightened, but they can't sting or bite (they do, however, produce pederin, a toxin which can cause contact dermatitis if handled).

Whats an LOS ?
GOOd to see your still arond bud

Herby!

Whats going on dog? Same here, running low on produce! I need a harvest or two pronto, been using my stored up cobs for a while now so I plumb forgot what fresh bud tastes like. But that makes it all the better when harvest does come in!

What’s good for fungus gnats is the mosquito bits or mosquito dunks, add them to top layer of soil, also let them soak overnight in your water bucket; they contain BTi which is biological control for skeeters, caterpillars, larvae & some flying pests. Yes on the DE dusting, I actually mix 1 part DE plus 2 parts sulfur dust and a spoon or two of fine ground cinnamon, they hate that shite. Also keep fan moving air across soil line, if they can’t land they can’t lay eggs, yellow sticky cards too above canopy & at soil level.

I hear you on the mites, a while back I had chopped a plant then left the bucket of soil near the tent. A few weeks later I was looking at that same bucket and it was covered in mites. Never had mites when the plant was in there or at least I never saw any evidence of them.

I did soil drench with SNS a couple times but didnt see larvae just tiny white mites and a few 2 spotted spider mites but who knows?

Ah most excellent.... thank you very much, that’s good to know about the scorpion deal and also the dermatitis!!!

LOS = living organic soil, hopefully I can run it as a water only soil. Even before Los i was running a mostly water only supersoil, the only bottled stuff I use are liquid fish ferts and stout MSA silica. But hopefully the Los will be self sustaining and I can do water only

Bonsai Bug scans

TYPES RATED
fungus Gnats worst
spider mites worser than

Leafly peak tests reveal the upper green foliage clear
Earth still owning stages of pupae,but larvae not found.
Flying critters very rare

@013
Bonsai Status
MOTHER - Fem
Germinated July 1,2020
Flipped May 7,2021

Clone Dome occupied
Incubating Wood ducks
Start: May 6,2021
12 eggs
Hatch period 28 days
Temp 100.1 F
Humidity 55- 65 %
Turn 4 times daily

20210506_164820.jpg

@013 @*.*
Random comments welcome.
I'm ez remember ?
As of FLIP TO FLOWER May 7,2021 moving along with first pics of Acid Strain described in detail north of 60 up high on this page.
Still micro scanning for pests,find a few two spotted spider mites strays to soap up.
2021_06_15_20_03_07_691.jpg
No signs of the dreaded Fungus Gnats in ground or the air we breathe in any of its forms (larvae or pupa)
She's been vegged for almost a Year in July,and getting tired.
Who isn't ?

Feeding and watering protocals are as requested by her,but ppm mix last reading was 1500 every 3 weeks.
Bottom watering once a week at 1 gal. and bottom feeding now .

Two inches of Sand closed the door for pests,and using micro-bacerial products to hold off larvae.

A few photos of 5 weeks into flower @013 Please comment on time frame and color condition of these tiny buds.
Whats the status of this old girl and how long to harvest you think.

No water marks on these pics,save yourself.

PS The Wood Duck eggs were fertilized but an abandoned batch from another brood or olde lay,so nothing there.An experiment intended for release.
Some images not uploading,so hitting post
2021_06_15_20_22_04_529.jpg
2021_06_15_20_21_10_271.jpg
2021_06_15_20_03_18_475.jpg
2021_06_15_20_03_07_691.jpg

What’s up Herby? How is life treating you? Ahh thats no fun fighting pests! From everything I have studied if plant is still making fresh light colored pistols then it’s still bulking up. Prolly won’t grow any taller but buds should get a little bit fatter. Maybe 2 - 3 weeks remaining, but looks good on color! I usually wait until the pistils have all turned dark & crinkle up then give her a few days and make the chop

maybe you will find another nest! Just scrolled back thru but in post #42 your describe acid strain.

Just so you know I hosed up my setting so I don’t get notified if someone tags me but if I don’t reply in a timely manner then please feel free to send a pm.

ah the old bottom watering to avoid fungus gnats deal? Yup!

What’s up Herby? How is life treating you? Ahh thats no fun fighting pests! From everything I have studied if plant is still making fresh light colored pistols then it’s still bulking up. Prolly won’t grow any taller but buds should get a little bit fatter. Maybe 2 - 3 weeks remaining, but looks good on color! I usually wait until the pistils have all turned dark & crinkle up then give her a few days and make the chop

maybe you will find another nest! Just scrolled back thru but in post #42 your describe acid strain.

Just so you know I hosed up my setting so I don’t get notified if someone tags me but if I don’t reply in a timely manner then please feel free to send a pm.

ah the old bottom watering to avoid fungus gnats deal? Yup!
Ok, no problem notify, I never rush anything at my age, yup,
i wiil attempt a higher magnification on the trichomes to see the shape.
Not going for the late harvest CBN .
Pistil coloring browning up nicely after 5 weeks.
Trichomes at that mag appear well formed into a round ball, still need to get in on her tight.

Old growth Acid NY Bonsai seeded July 2020,produced many clones.

Acid Marijuana Origins Acid is derived from the makeup of the ever-famous strain, New York Sour Diesel, which is one of the most popular strains, and it has been for many years. What does this mean? It means New York Sour Diesel isn’t a parent strain, but rather the OG strain that was altered, in order to create the Acid marijuana strain. Let’s take a look at the OG NYSD strain so we can better understand how Acid marijuana is different, and may be better in your eyes. New York Sour Diesel This strain is brought to you by Soma Sacred Seeds, and it is a 60% Sativa-dominant hybrid, which means it matches the hybrid breakdown of the Acid marijuana strain. NYSD is a cross between Afghani and Mexican landrace strain, which means Acid will have a bit of that in itself as well. Sour Diesel is known for its heavy-gasoline aroma, and it has been bringing its consumers back for years. Winner of five Cannabis Cups in the 2000s, Sour Diesel has risen to fame, and it has managed to stay at the top for quite some time now.

MOTHER - Feminized from seed
Germinated July 1,2020
Broke Ground July 9,2020
Transplanted Aug 13,
Veg state ended
12/12 July 2021

Photos Recent Flowering Hybrid 9 weeks
Jul 9,2021 Flushed 5 gallons fresh water
ph 6.4 ppm 1100
trichomes appear milky but not over ripe yet.
A few more weeks to harvest.

Please be advised,advice accepted :green_heart:

2021_07_09_21_33_51_361.jpg

2021_07_09_21_30_54_442.jpg

Sounds good my man! Same here I try to avoid rushing!

Wonder why she’s small after vegging for a year? Funky strain?
By all means cut her legs out when she meets your personal preferences!!
I’m back to fighting critters again, this time I’m going to try (a new strain for me) of predator mites, fight nature with nature!
Critters su lol,
She's small because ya its the strain Acid hybrid NYSD ,sativa dominant,cross between Afghani and Mexican landrace strain.
Its one of 5 seeds that lived,due to gnats and two spotted spider mites.
She took a beating. Just flushed to monitor 5k ppm and ph was ok at 6.4
So cleared ppm down to 1100.
Trim is dying off but I assume thats normal ?
I'll post a more recent pic later I rolled up some dry trim last nite since I quit smoking tobacco,its was quite relaxing after all the work.

What critters you feeding ?

Doobie Newbie Alert yall
Android format editing problem with Microsoft Notebook pasted here
Sorry for the dreuling string of characters with no carriage returns

Legal in Canada now all hippies & baby boomers retired & its naptime

ACID FEM
Day 1
5 Total Paradise Seeds from TNSBank
2 Seeds Soaking Germinating fridge
Tuesday June 30,2020

Day 2
Wed July 1,2020 Both seeds germinated in 2 days H2O2 hydrogen peroxide 3% solution diluted on top fridge..Temp 75 & Dark BEST SUCCESS - DO NOT SOAK PAST CRACKED WITH SPROUT
Day 3
Thurs Planted both in peat soil perlite potting mix 1/8" deep Small 3" plastic pots
Moved girls to spare room.

Day Temp 80* Nite 75+
Day 4
Fri July 3..One Sprout seedling broke ground Light intensity reduced to min 18/6 & fan on

Day 5
Saturday July 4 Seed #2 broke ground

Day 9
Wed July 8
Affiliating text with jpegs how too could square things

Spider Farmer SF1000 LED intensity reduced to minimum setting 40 watts (potentiometer)
Max setting 100 watts
Distance to plant increased from 6" to 12" - no ill affects visible at close range of 6"
No Nutrients added
Well or rain water room temp
Strain - Diesel Hybrid NYSD Afghani Mexican land race strain
Strain - Diesel Hybrid
60% Indica / 40% Sativa
Flowering TypePhotoperiod
Flowering Time65 days
9-10 weeks flowering time
Crossed with Dutch genetics
# of Plants - 2
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Early Vegetative
Bucket Size - 10 Gallon Not transplanted yet
Lights - (1) SF 1000 Watt LED
60% Indica / 40% Sativa
Flowering TypePhotoperiod
Flowering Time65 days
9-10 weeks flowering time
Crossed with Dutch genetics
# of Plants - 2
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Early Vegetative
Bucket Size - 10 Gallon Not transplanted yet
Lights - (1) SF 1000 Watt LED

Those are some mighty large beans waiting to hatch!!! Wood ducks huh? That’s way cool.

For nutes might I recommend some layer mash in veg cycle but crached corn when they flower, best part is it’s hard to overwater a duck....
Reading old threads before my aft nap..lol hard to over water a duck
BEANS ROFLMAO and I'm straight up
Ok those beans never hatched btw..30 days at 101 F ,so an old brood in an old tree,but was a fun memory

Hey Herby, good to see you around the old watering hole. NYSD sounds like the bomb, glad you found some seeds were spared from pests to carry the line forward without another bean purchase.

Running LOS with earthworms, Neem Attack Nematodes, hypoaspis miles predator mites and rove beetles all working the soil, have ladybugs working the room & tent just hope they will mate and repopulate by themselves. All the companion plants are laced with a special blend of predator mites that live in foliage - supposed to eat broad mites & russet mites for breakfast. I’m just now feeling good about restarting the garden. I was kinda surprised to find the predators will eat Neem Seed meal, they also like soldier fly larvae and crustacean shell meal

Aww no - too bad about the wood ducks, dunno about that species but a lot of wild bird nests are covered in mites!

BUG-MAN YO,
Nice to know we have shit in common..:thumb:
You have live earthworms in your LIVING ORGANIC SOIL, makes alot of sense, get natural ferti, hehe
Oh, your growing OD ,thought you in a tp like me.

I keep thinking about nudging a sprout in the garden.
The regulars aren't id'd yet but doesn't matter if the pollininator is down wind. What am i talking about ? 50-50 male fem seeds got 5 running in tp now

20210711_202112_001.jpg

20210711_202131.jpg

20210711_202224.jpg

2021_07_11_20_24_10_536.jpg

Thanks @013 That tree was from seed compliments Paradise seeds inc,
out of Netherlands I believe.
I chopped her a few days ago,since the clear flush was too stressful and most of the foliage died off.The roots looked ok,but not as large a rootball as I thought.
I should have never flushed.
Hanging to dry
SPROUTS ,If I get a few reg males out of these sprouts,I will transplant OD for fun,& try to save the pollen.
Have a great summer

Back
Top Bottom