First Grow: Advice Welcome

They might start to look dead or yellow before they show roots, don't fret, they will come back around.
When you cut the clones/branches, did you put them into a glass of water or instantly powder them and stick in the pods?

You should always expect a plant to triple in size, it may not triple, but some strains will. And you will still want room to move around once fun grown. Once put into flower, a plant will at least double in size.

What are the dimensions of your grow area? And what lights do you currently have? I know you purchased a couple more so I just want to be sure. And how many plants total do you have now?
Thanks for answering!
the clones look healthier today than yesterday in my opinion. More upright leaves, better color, etc. Theyre both feminized photo clones. I topped both between the 4th and 6th node. I dipped them in clonex (not a powder, like elmers glue...rooting hormone, cheap stuff) immediately and then put them in wet starter cells under the mini greenhouse.

ok. So onto the grow area. I comfortably have an area that’s 4x8 with space to walk around and make a path between plants. I have an additional 3x5 area for seedlings in the same room. I might be trying something impossible, but with all autoflowers, can I operate this like a conveyer belt?

I have two 1000 watt led that draw 230 each(using them for seedlings), one Mars hydro tsl2000, and one Mars hydro sp6500. I’ll attach a pic to show the light progression.

Photos: 1,2 show setup, light, etc
3 shows a 1 week old early miss auto
4,5 show dimensions of setup

0A1C35FA-DB73-46F0-A8D6-CF5FB7719DCD.jpeg

69FC081D-C8F0-4E6F-996D-5581E89E3615.jpeg

2B7CFE10-E896-4ACA-AAA6-D3E60050D37C.jpeg

FD69D895-F0A9-4A79-BA18-49CE0C247CE9.jpeg

BB8F3871-7CB4-4100-BAB1-9D8D1116EFCE.jpeg

Hey all! Update.
So the plants I trimmed seem to be responding well. My concern is with the gelato I topped and cloned. The leaves almost doubled in size, they’re now touching the substrate. Will the stem and branch catch up with it? (At least that’s what I think is going on)
I got the Mars hydro sp6500 set up and its bright!!

I also planted 20 new autoflower feminized seeds...19/20 so far are up and thriving...I’m almost hoping the last one doesn’t pop lol!

ok so my setup is as follows:

32 plants total. 13 are 29-35 days old mostly auto). 19 are 2 days old, all auto

lights: Mars hydro sp 6500, Mars hydro tsl 2000, two other burple 1,000 watt led equivalent lights (230w draw each)

Plants are currently in 6 gallon smart pots or 4.6 gallon plastic pots.

attached is a pic of the whole setup so far

EBAA739C-BD32-4FA7-B6ED-AE1E3E562FD0.jpeg
Those little cups the roots are suppose to grow through take way too long to break up. Especially for an Auto. Auto's don't need to be up-potted so there's no need for anything but the final pot & if you are growing them indoors a 5 gal. pot is plenty big enough.
I hope the Gelato Clone is from a Photo plant. You can't clone Auto's.
32 plants is a lot of work. Once they start flowering & you are feeding each plant about 1 gal. every 2 days you will see. I'm doing 25 right now; but only to get a good supply & then back to 5 plants at a time.
All those plants under the SCROG Net .... 2 - 3 plants will fill that pretty easily if you are SCROGGING & not just using the net to support the branches when they put on weight.
Is something eating on one of your plants ? It looks like I see a few holes in some leaves. If so, you need to spray them with something before it gets worse or the plants start to flower.
Your lighting looks good. Should get a decent yield with those lights.

Thanks man! I’m trying/learning/failing/succeeding lol. Is it important to keep the starter cell I put the clones in dark or will the roots form and burst through regardless? I have them in a starter cell kit now, with the greenhouse top on most of the time.
Look up @Emilya , DIY Bubble Cloner. I made one & it works awesome. 100% success with it so far for me out of about 50 clones. I don't use a dome or do any misting at all. Cut my clone, dip in Clonex, stick in the cloner & in 2 weeks I pot the rooted clones.

Proper water is the most important part of the growth process. Hemp maintains its growth through alternating cycles of dry morning and soil humidity. In most cases, the substrate (potting soil, coconut, fiberglass, water, etc.) is watered every two to three days, but it is recommended to monitor and check the situation regularly, because it also depends on such things as the age of the plant and temperature changes. , Indoor humidity, etc. You can check the humidity level of the substrate by inserting your finger into the top layer of the earth (about 1 to 2 cm). If you feel a slight humidity, you do not need to water it. If it is completely dry, watering is required.

With that many plants & running Auto's you are best to stay at 3 gal. pots because of your room size. I try to give a 2.5' - 3' area for each plant when I use 5 gal. or larger. You can probably get away with a 2' area per plant. With LED lights I try to get about 30 watts per sq. ft.

Proper water is the most important part of the growth process. Hemp maintains its growth through alternating cycles of dry morning and soil humidity. In most cases, the substrate (potting soil, coconut, fiberglass, water, etc.) is watered every two to three days, but it is recommended to monitor and check the situation regularly, because it also depends on such things as the age of the plant and temperature changes. , Indoor humidity, etc. You can check the humidity level of the substrate by inserting your finger into the top layer of the earth (about 1 to 2 cm). If you feel a slight humidity, you do not need to water it. If it is completely dry, watering is required.
Sticking your finger in soil tells you the Top of the soil is dry. Not the bottom. Bad way to do things. Feel the weight of the pots to determine when to water or wait till your leaves droop slightly.

Totally agree on the watering. I’ve been watering twice per week of necessary, waiting till the plants dry and I notice a slight droop. Then I soak em. Watering more frequently as they suck up more. I need a larger water/nute tank!

Buds Bunny, yes, both clones are non auto.

I staggered the plants so that 13 are 5 weeks ahead of the others. I can see it’s gonna be a lot, but I’m gonna try.
What do you think of the light situation? Do I need more?

That's a lot of plants for the amount of light you have. You will still succeed. Your yields will suffer though. More light will make bigger buds & increase yield.
For instance, I'm running 25 plants. I have 7 outside in about a 4' x 8' Flower Room under 2 - HPS lights that are on 500 watt setting. In my 5' x 5' tent I have 6 plants (which is tight.... 5 would be better) under a TS 3000 (450 watts) & a TSW 2000 (300 watts). In my 3' x 3' Veg tent I have 8 - plants & 4 Clones with a 220 watt LED. So I'm pushing 2000 watts for 25 plants when added together.
It takes that much to get the coverage area of all these plants. Once this round is done I'm going back to 5 plants at a time. 25 plants took me 6 hours this morning to Feed, Trim, LST & up-pot 3 - plants. I'm wanting to return to work soon so I have to lighten my load as I wont have the time to take care of 25 plants. I can pull 3 lbs. off 5 plants fairly easy & that is plenty .... lol.

Seems like these guys go you all sorted out on those questions smoke em! Good to see. I dont have experience with quite so many plants indoors at once, looks like buds buddy has and also has similar lights to you.

With some topping and training you would be able to keep that many plants quite manageable. I know most people say not to top autos but I have quite a few times and still had decent results, otherwise you could just bend them over and manipulate them so they don't grow wild and out of control on you once the flower stretch happens. Trying to keep that many different strains at one size/height can be a challenge at times but I'm sure you will manage with the space you have. :goodjob:

Seems like these guys go you all sorted out on those questions smoke em! Good to see. I dont have experience with quite so many plants indoors at once, looks like buds buddy has and also has similar lights to you.

With some topping and training you would be able to keep that many plants quite manageable. I know most people say not to top autos but I have quite a few times and still had decent results, otherwise you could just bend them over and manipulate them so they don't grow wild and out of control on you once the flower stretch happens. Trying to keep that many different strains at one size/height can be a challenge at times but I'm sure you will manage with the space you have. :goodjob:
Hey all, update time. So my autoflowers are going nuts, 12+ bud sites on each plant. The SCROG is filling in, gonna have to add another screen in the next few days.
The photo plants are bushy and dense...thick stems, nice leaves. Gonna have to move them to a flower area soon. I’m already realizing how the stretch will go!
Here are some pics

B9B635C6-AFB9-48F1-B180-CA401C060255.jpeg

B8CA774A-AFBB-4391-84CA-2C92308E5FD3.jpeg

2F31DC69-0EAE-4461-A140-DEC8F626A595.jpeg

4031DBF5-73D5-4BC2-B6F6-FAE73B2CFD6D.jpeg

CE230DA8-D3E0-4384-892D-FB13E60CC208.jpeg

F0B71EE2-75AE-491F-A48A-FEAE843AC816.jpeg

D486B44A-1D4A-4F93-B3C3-7C6EAD8391FC.jpeg

D16334D0-1321-4DC8-A0A8-96B42015587E.jpeg

If these are Auto's you can only top before day 21. I usually only top Auto's 1 time & then just train. But yes, the 1st pic you should be able to top within a day or two. Then just start tying the branches back. By tying the branches out sideways it makes all the side growth on the main branches grow up to the top.
I use to grow Auto's, but went back to photo's. I just gave my last 2 auto seeds away today (Lemon Haze) to a guy who bought a light from me.
Hey, question on autos if you can help. I have a new batch that’s 20 days old today. I topped half of em last night. Should I cut off the branches at the lowest two nodes now too? Ever?
I did it in my first round of autos and they seem ok, but I’m not sure if they do better if I leave the leaves!

Nice setup and great start, very best of luck.

I am curious, why did you mix into the Fox Farm? I use it straight out of the bag. Were you trying to stretch it?

I am also curious why 7 gallon pots? I've been using 3 gallon pots and I find I have to only fill them 2/3 full or the plants get too high for the light.

I have a 5 foot tent, looks like you're in a closet with hopefully more headroom.

I guess you're trying to maximize yield by completely filling the space? Once those girls fill in about a month from now it will get pretty congested in there. If you are in the Northern Hemisphere and your spring is upon you, you may find climbing humidity to become an issue.

Not that I am an expert by any means, only on my 3rd grow. That being said, Tent1, Tent2 and Tent3 are ALL over crowded. so I have yet to practice what I preach.

For Tent4 / Grow4 ... I plan on rotation of just 2 clones 30 days apart, as opposed to 4 all at once in Grow1. Hoping for similar yields, I think the girls will respond well to the extra breathing room.

Best of luck with those beauties.

I am curious, why did you mix into the Fox Farm? I use it straight out of the bag. Were you trying to stretch it?

I am also curious why 7 gallon pots? I've been using 3 gallon pots and I find I have to only fill them 2/3 full or the plants get too high for the light.

I have a 5 foot tent, looks like you're in a closet with hopefully more headroom.

I guess you're trying to maximize yield by completely filling the space? Once those girls fill in about a month from now it will get pretty congested in there. If you are in the Northern Hemisphere and your spring is upon you, you may find climbing humidity to become an issue.

Not that I am an expert by any means, only on my 3rd grow. That being said, Tent1, Tent2 and Tent3 are ALL over crowded. so I have yet to practice what I preach.

For Tent4 / Grow4 ... I plan on rotation of just 2 clones 30 days apart, as opposed to 4 all at once in Grow1. Hoping for similar yields, I think the girls will respond well to the extra breathing room.

Hey! Thanks for the reply.
I mixed the perlite in to stretch the fox farm and to hopefully I’m

Hey! Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I mixed perlite in to stretch the soil a bit. It might help with aeration/root development too. I’ve been using the FF nutes also, including the powdered flowering ones(well the first two, I’m about to start the third)

yeah, the 7 gallon pots seem a little big to me now. My new ones are in plastic 3.6? Gallon.

I walled off a section of my upstairs. At its height it’s 8 feet, but it slopes to only about 3 feet before you hit a storage area. I also have the bathroom with a door in my area. That’s where I moved the photo plants. I’m planning I. Flipping em soon.

I have two Mars hydro sp6500, one tsl200, one sp150, and one other blurple light.

I topped half of the new autoflowers at 18 days old. Should I remove the lower two nodes now too?

The buds are getting frosty and bigger, I hope they keep growing! The first plants were put in feb 5, so 44 days old. How do they look?

046A2FB8-0773-4039-AD25-E136A3165EEF.jpeg

A2E3412F-A790-4686-BDF5-1E97AE272A60.jpeg

A2E29D1C-230E-4545-B642-44573978F122.jpeg

FD73545A-E82C-45AE-BCF9-36E0D3A7FB8B.jpeg

0F09AE28-42AD-43BC-8213-BD6E67D6744A.jpeg

E5EAD52A-AB7F-40DA-9646-E54F6F03037D.jpeg

A60E2F1B-632E-43B4-9568-EC25FBE26713.jpeg

D521AFFC-836B-480B-AA88-75A64C5AA54E.jpeg

3957B20C-F823-420C-80F3-BC3046BC6508.jpeg

6A69F020-F84F-4D6A-A9C7-D6E33A761F45.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom