Finally, A Second Grow Journal!

Wow, 10 hours post-transplant and you can't even tell
IMG_20191113_113253.jpg

Hopefully there's enough soil that made it into the pot to prevent this getting worse until she fills the pot , 3 gallons in the next 10 days I hope
IMG_20191113_113257.jpg

IMG_20191113_113301.jpg

IMG_20191113_113304.jpg

Here is the recommendations for running nutes with the soil I have. After 30 days of the coast of Maine soil, I only need to use the squid additive for good results. So far I've used the squid, recharge, and a slight amount of Cal mag but the deficiency appears to be progressing. Is there anything I'm missing? I know I'm still in the starter soil, but I figured these nutes would be ok for such small plants
Screenshot_20191113-145215.jpg

This is the label for the squid additive I have, seemed reasonable for seedlings on its own

Screenshot_20191113-145129.jpg

What I see (or don't see) in your nutes is matching up well with the symptoms. We are starting to get this thing on track, but I see an alarming lack of potassium in your nutrients. Hopefully there is an abundance in the good soil and the microbes can start getting to it... but the way the leaf damage is progressing it looks like a potassium deficiency starting up... and there appears to be none in your nutes. Unfortunately our plants need large amounts of potassium all through the grow. Hmm... do they have another supplement for this? At least for now, that could help get this back in balance.
So how big are your containers? It seems that what they are saying is that the soil is only going to be self sustaining in containers of 15 gallons or larger, and that below that you need to use their supplemental nutes. Let me show you something that concerns me about the soil from their ad:
feed1.png

Look at the wording carefully... unless you desire an extended vegetation cycle.... it says nothing about a bloom or flowering cycle. I am suspecting that this is not a soil designed to grow fruiting plants full term. Maybe in large containers it does... but a mineralized super soil this is not.

Work on the potassium thing... lets see how this balances out with all the changes we are making.

What I see (or don't see) in your nutes is matching up well with the symptoms. We are starting to get this thing on track, but I see an alarming lack of potassium in your nutrients. Hopefully there is an abundance in the good soil and the microbes can start getting to it... but the way the leaf damage is progressing it looks like a potassium deficiency starting up... and there appears to be none in your nutes. Unfortunately our plants need large amounts of potassium all through the grow. Hmm... do they have another supplement for this? At least for now, that could help get this back in balance.
So how big are your containers? It seems that what they are saying is that the soil is only going to be self sustaining in containers of 15 gallons or larger, and that below that you need to use their supplemental nutes. Let me show you something that concerns me about the soil from their ad:
feed1.png

Look at the wording carefully... unless you desire an extended vegetation cycle.... it says nothing about a bloom or flowering cycle. I am suspecting that this is not a soil designed to grow fruiting plants full term. Maybe in large containers it does... but a mineralized super soil this is not.

Work on the potassium thing... lets see how this balances out with all the changes we are making.
Currently in 1.2L pots and the solo cup. From my take, I thought they said the squid additive would be all that's necessary for the remainder of the grow but then I noticed the potassium missing as well... Might not be buying from them anymore and I'll use what I have to finish up the grow and switch companies. Would substituting in the GH trio be fine with the soil and microbes? Maybe just the grow as it is a 2-1-6?

Currently in 1.2L pots and the solo cup. From my take, I thought they said the squid additive would be all that's necessary for the remainder of the grow but then I noticed the potassium missing as well... Might not be buying from them anymore and I'll use what I have to finish up the grow and switch companies. Would substituting in the GH trio be fine with the soil and microbes? Maybe just the grow as it is a 2-1-6?
The microbes wont hold up so well under the GH, but that will get you through this. Save the recharge for another grow now that you know what not to do. And yes... for cannabis, I am not very impressed with that soil.

it is my belief based on everything we have seen here that adding the pottash could very well save this grow and keep it organic. It sure would be a good learning process if this works... Save the GH as a last resort.
Potash ordered, the soil I got has blood meal and multiple other things in it that have potassium, hopefully they take some up before it gets worse. Will definitely be using M3 soil next time instead, owe you one em, or like 7 :rofl:

@Emilya hey em, I was looking for the mixing results on the potassium and it only has applications for outdoor use such as yards. Any idea how I should go about this? also do I water now since the deficiency is getting worse and risk over-watering or let the pot dry out more?

Back
Top Bottom