Adams First Attempt at the Herb

adam.

OK here we go
i have a space 10ft by 4ft wth a door in the middle giving me 2 smaller grow areas 3ft*4ft all painted flat white
ok hears what i have gatherd up in the past month

1 125 eco light+bat wing
1 600 hps +ballast and bat wing
1 carbon filter +silent run fan
1 large isolating fan
1 bottle of biobizz grow
bloom
top max (all organic)

ok i was goin to start 10 fem northern lights but i called to a mate the other day and when i was headin home i noticed 12 lonely babbies sittin in a small pottin tray dien they were there for three weks and are tiny so home they came (with owners consent ofcourse) they are 24 days old and only have a couple of sets of leaves on each i will add pics they where in a small seeding tray and seemed to be root bound i transplanted them in to 3gal pots(save any hassel later) in biobiz all mix soil and added an extra bit of vermiculate and watered them till water was running out the bottomof the pot ni drip trays as i have a concrete floor with a drain the babys are under the 125cfl but i think it is a red spec (i think this is flowering bulb) so my plan is to put them under the 600hps i think this will give them more light and hope fully encourage a bit more life
OK some picS(I AM NOT VERY GOOD WITH CAMERA)
adam_420_006.jpg

adam_420_006.jpg

adam_420_004.jpg

THE THREE IN ONE POT IS A VERY TEMP MESURE RAN OUT OF POTS AND SOIL THEY ARE IN PEAT POTS FOR EASY TRANSPLANTING
adam_420_003.jpg

adam_420_002.jpg

adam_420_001.jpg

NOW MY CONCERN IS THESE ARE 4 WEEKS OLD AND GOING NO WHERE

EQUIPMENT AND ROOM PICS

adam_420_010.jpg

THE CARBON FILTER IS FOR A 10*10 ROOM
adam_420_009.jpg

SILENT RUNNING DUCTING FAN
adam_420_008.jpg

adam_420_007.jpg

I HAVE TWO SECTIONS OPPISTE EACH OTHER 4FT*3FT
adam_420_006.jpg

I NOW HAVE SOME OUESTIONS
1 DO DITCH THESE PLANTS AND START WITH MY NORTHERN LIGHTS
2 SHOULD I SWITH THE BABYS 2 THE 600HPS (OR IS IT TO MUCH FOR BABYS)
3 WILL THE CARBON FILTER WORK AS AN EXCAUST FAN
4HOW MANY PLANTS WOULD YOU PUT N EACH AREA AND HOW MANY PLANTS UNDER A 600HPS
5 I HAVE A WOODEN DOOR SO I CAN PUT AN INTAKE FAN ON DOOR WHAT WOUD BE RECOMENDED

ANY HELP OR ADDVICE WOULD BE VERY WELCOME:thanks:

Re: adams first atempt at the herb

5 I HAVE A WOODEN DOOR SO I CAN PUT AN INTAKE FAN ON DOOR WHAT WOUD BE RECOMENDED

:popcorn:

1 - I'd say let them run their course, you've got little to lose and knowledge to gain. Get a good grow under the belt then go for the Northern Lights.

2 - I've been told that CFL is better for seedlings and vegetation than HPS. Use the HPS when you're going 12/12. Looking at your pics though, the CFL should be closer to the seedlings (2-3" or 5-8cm above) and you may want to supplement a few more CFLs (figure 50-80 watts per sq ft of grow area)

3 - Many set ups I've seen have the carbon filter mated to the exhaust fan, pulling air through the filter and out of the grow area.

questions 4 & 5 are above my pay grade!

I'm new at this as well, if I erred in any info above, I'm sure there are many a seasoned gardeners here that can set things correct.

:goodluck:

OK here we go

questions 1 and 2 and 3 were very nicely answered by endive.. :)

to elaborate on 3 a bit more,, if you need to vent heat as well, and get a air cooled hood, then you would go from carbon filter, to light, to fan, then out the room, fans are more effecient at puling air than pushing it ...

4. as many as will fit :) one room is going to be veg, and one for flower,, you just want to make sure tehy all are getting a good amount of light, my friend just finished flowering like 8 plants under a 400,,, smaller yeild for each plant than if he just did 4, but maybe more overall? IDK..

5. how is your rooms setup, how/where are you venting the exhaust, where are you pulling air from? are you trying to vent both rooms with the one fan?

Hi Herb zen at trhe minute it is all one room tryin to talk missus into letin me split it in two so for this grow it will be one room and ill just swap lights for flowering i was going to put the carbon filter above the light and plants and out a hole for a dryer vent and i was going to put two bathroom fans in the wooden door at the bootom this is a concrete shed (12"thick concreteroof) in my back garden so the fans will be pullin fresh air in permantly and the carbon will vent out the other side up at roof i will also put in a oscalating fan to strenghin up the stems:peace:

if your exhaust fan is big enough, then just the holes to let air in, is probably all you need... the negative air pressure caused by the exhaust fan will suck air in the intake holes... IMO putting a fan on the door, will be a pain in the a$$, I would think opening and closing that door with the fans on it, will be a nightmare,,,

Welcome to the boards Adam, glad to have you here at 420! :welcome:Just wondering...Are those walls painted or base concrete could not tell from the pictures. Have you given any thought to floor covering?

SG

Hi SG thanks for the welcome
The walls are painted a flat bright white the floor is concrete not sure what to do with it yet any ideas welcomed
also any body think this space might be good to try out see off green?

was just out checkin the babies they are startying to look a bit better hopefully they will come on ok:peace:

Hi SG thanks for the welcome
The walls are painted a flat bright white the floor is concrete not sure what to do with it yet any ideas welcomed
also any body think this space might be good to try out see off green?

was just out checkin the babies they are startying to look a bit better hopefully they will come on ok:peace:

My idea for the floor would be to seal it, if it is not already that is, that way you do not risk getting any water or possible mold growth or even little critters coming along. That setup looks primo for a Nice Scrog setup my man. :bong:

SG

ok so the guy i got my babys of phoned today he had 4 more for me they have been under 6 small 20wat cfls they look nice and healthy compared to the others i have way oo many so a couple are for the garden to see what happens
i will put up some pics of my new babys later they are the same age as plants in first post and soooooooooo much healthier all about 5 nodes compared to one on the rest of them

SG the floor is sealed i think i will paint it with white floor paint

would there be anyone good to talk to about scrog

question i have read alot about usin hydro nutes in soil about quater strengh i gather now this is in my head as both shops i use dont have any biobizz and cant get any for 2 WEEKS AHHHHHHHHHH and cost tripple to buy online with shippin cost to here.I have some vita lina A&b and i am going to have to feed soon as they are five weeks now and the nutes in the soil will be gone by now ANY ADDVICE ON THIS WOULD BE VERY WELCOME:thanks:

Will post pics shortly

oh head hurts thats a lot of reading :bravo: HerbZen
RaceFan has some lovely pics of a scrog grow amazing i like but i think a lot more reading needed so this grow may well just be a grow :peace:

lol.. yeah I have had many a day where my head hurts by the end of it... there is so much great info on this site,, it's amazing, Being ablt to watch everyones experiments and stuff is great too, so we all can see what works and what doesn't..

My advice is talk to spiderpig, and he be the resident with the largest screen I have seen. I am pretty sure he would help you out my man. :bong:

SG

Re: Adams first atempt at the herb

ok have been banned from computer for a couple of days so some new pics
SG thanks for the addvice

ok so i pulled a couple of the babys yesterday they where going no where fast and the rest seemed to be movin and had to make room for 4 stronger ones i was given

:rip::rip::rip::rip:
adam_420_015.jpg

and the new babys:grinjoint:they are the same age as other but they where under cfls such a diference compared to the outside ones
adam_420_016.jpg

there roots where so much better when i transferred them to there new homes
adam_420_014.jpg

adam_420_013.jpg

adam_420_012.jpg

I put a few extra lights in
adam_420_025.jpg

adam_420_024.jpg

and the one i forgot to mention it was a single seed i found in my box i stuck it in my window for a couple of weeks then into the garden she went it is six weeks today
adam_420_023.jpg

adam_420_021.jpg

adam_420_020.jpg

ok i will jump on later have a few questions but the kids are tryin to jump all over me right now :peace:

thanks SG i hope so but the wether here is very changeable i put it out as we got two weeks of good weather we havnt been havin the best of summer uk weather is shit but it seems to have taken well it was about 3" whene it went in:grinjoint:

thanks SG i hope so but the wether here is very changeable i put it out as we got two weeks of good weather we havnt been havin the best of summer uk weather is shit but it seems to have taken well it was about 3" whene it went in:grinjoint:

Ya I heard it is bloody hot over there this summer, I am gonna try to gt to London this year for some football.

SG

Back
Top Bottom