Adding calcium flowering week 3-4

Duesouth

Right now my plants are at its flowering stage in which its gonna start producing the tight buds soon. I water my plants daily with a composted steeped worm casting tea diluted with tap water. My plants seem to be looking healthy this year. My question is, I have this calcium fertilizer called " supercal". You think adding a small amount would hurt or help?
image14821.jpeg

That's what I thought, I just want to produce as much growth as I can, without hurting the plant of course. I am using the composted worm casting tea every watering. Any suggestions to promote more growth without over doing it?

I don't know of any magic formula to use once the Ladies are in flower. It's all the TLC you gave in veg that is going to make the difference. Using a natural tea is better than using chemical nutes (or too much) at this stage. Maybe decrease the frequency as they near harvest? Sometimes use plain water and gradually back off on the food. But let your plants tell you what they want. Each plant is an individual, even in the same strain.

If that one picture is indicative of the rest of the plant, I wouldn't change a thing. She looks beautiful. As said above, veg conditions determine flower yields. A one gallon rootball at flip wont produce 2 pounds at harvest no matter what you do.

The sole focus during veg should be building a root system to support your girl during flower, and cultivating her to take the shape you wish her to have during flower. That alone will determine her potential.

Now that you are in flower, focus on keeping her healthy and happy. You may not be able to increase yield beyond her potential, but you could surely decrease it.

Focusing on yield is consequence of prohibition. With the end slowly nearing, hopefully the focus will be healthy, vibrant plants, with yield being secondary, easily obtained by... more plants.

Thx for the good advice. I have a variety of different seeds and strains, that particular plant has always had a light green color (lime), while most of my others are darker greens... A few seem to have a touch of purple hiding at the top.
image14822.jpeg
image14813.jpeg

Masonman, first off cool name, my sons name is Mason. In the blooming stages, it's always said that an increase of phosphorus will promote bigger blooms.... Do you not think a small boost of a phosphorus fertilizer will help?
image619.png

Masonman, first off cool name, my sons name is Mason. In the blooming stages, it's always said that an increase of phosphorus will promote bigger blooms.... Do you not think a small boost of a phosphorus fertilizer will help?
image619.png

My "opinion" is... don't mess with them. They look like they have all the P they need. No deficiency.

I say opinion, because my soil is engineered. I receive a pack of amendments, drenches, and foliars designed specifically for ProMix HP.
I don't have to guess what my plants need. It's in there at the proper ratios to achieve high brix. I really don't know much at all about N-P-K. I leave all that to the lab.

If I want bigger yields, I will use a bigger pot, grow a larger root system, and cultivate her to take advantage of the environment I provide. This is really the only way to increase yields. When she is already in flower, all you can do is keep her healthy.

Or just grow more plants... :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom