Advanced LED Grow - Nirvana Auto Flowering

Chester001

I'd like to share my grow w/ y'all. Consists of 2 of Nirvana's auto Blue Mystics and 1 auto Northern Light. This is grow #7 of these seeds for me in the past year ... 20 for 20 germination ... The lights are a DS100 and an Extreme Flower 120 both from Advanced LED, running 20/4 ... Soil is 25% Lamberts Organic / 25% Coast of Maine Quoddy lobster compost / 50% Perlite ... BPN Farmers Pride Organic for nutes w/ purified water and Cal/Mag ... These should be harvested about mid-August and will provide a very Vapable herb.

Here they are at 2 weeks ... :thumb:

6_17a.JPG

Wonder if that technique would help me out a bit?
I have a DS600 over a single plant.......and its a crazy tight noded ball of leaves and stems. (I actually have leaves growing outta leaves beleive it or not)
Almost no stretch to speak of, as ive never seen a plant grow like this before.
I have defoliated her several times to try to get more light to the lower tops, but the foilage just gets replaced with 3X more in a few days.
It just keeps stacking leaves upon leaves and shoots new branches from everywhere!
I can only assume that its just a characteristic of LED growing?

DirtyDanny ... Wow ... I have a DS400 that I'm considering using on these plants ... their first week was under it and it seemed like they were being held back by the light ... more likely insufficient ventilation. They've caught up now and I'm considering trying the Big Ass LED again if I can make the space work.

As for your question ... You need to raise the light ... if you're at 20 inches above canopy go to 36 inches and if you're at 30 go to 48 ... I have about 7 LED grows under my belt, most w/ Advanced LED lights ... assuming you're still in the vegetative phase increase the number of hours of darkness ... probably 18 light /6 dark would be good .... A DS600 is enough light for 4 good sized plants ... I hope you have the space to use it.

Thanks for the reply Chester..........
Ive got my light at about 40" from the "leave ball mass", as that is the tallest my adjusting straps will allow. (i know i need a new hanging system asap)
The grow is set up in a 4x4x8 tent with a single ds600 (actually a diamond series chinese clone by Eshine) and a single "Motovation" feminized indica strain from serious seeds.
I havent grown in 15+ years........and ALOT has changed since then.
I do believe that I went over board on the wattage of the light for a single plant........but I had originally planned on 4 plants in the tent.
Unfortuately, the 3 other beans never germed.

Yes, im still in veg at 18/6 as I have been from the start. (i believe the girl is about 6-7 weeks old now)
But she was stunted pretty bad for a few weeks because I was trying out Co2 enrichment in the sealed tent and the temps were hovering in the low 90's with no outside ventilation.
From my research, I thought that she could handle the higher temps with co2 enrichment, but she didnt like it at all.
She just shut down growth and started showing signs of heat stress and leave tips burning.
Ended up leaving the door to the tent open at all times and the temp dropped to a comfortable 75F.
She likes this temp much better and has since recovered and has been EXPLODING with tight growth ever since.
Guess I need to get the light up higher to encourage a little stretch huh?

Thanks again Chester.........after all, ive been outta the game for a long time now, and growing technology has evolved beyond my wildest dreams. Back in the day.....HPS and tin foil was the cutting edge tech........lol
Hell.........I havent even smoked in 10+ years! So im looking forward to it with great anticipation:thanks:

Nothing better than smoking weed you grew yourself ... you'll get the hang of it ... sounds like you matched the tent and LED size properly ... w/ a little practice you could produce 1/2 lb 4 times a year w/ that setup ... more once you learned a few tricks ... You might try just the flowering lights until you raise them ... red is supposed to make them stretch ...

You could also make a cheesecloth screen to shade the plant ... even a sheet of clear plastic shading your plant would help it stretch ... the problem is that you've got too much light for a young plant ... it needs to be about 12-14" before you hit it w/ the full power of a Big Ass LED and then you still need to start out 30"+ above canopy ...

:thumb:

Yes ... Auto Northern Lights and auto Blue Mystic ... both from Nirvana ... they have been crossed w/ ruderalis ... try shading your plant ... or knock your hours down to flower her (do you know sex) ... get her done so you can start again w/ new knowledge ...

She's growing faster than Ive ever seen a girl grow (just not vertically)..............its AMAZING to me.
I just transplanted her into a much larger AirPot last night (7 gal)
She was root bound really bad in the 3.5 gal square pot, I couldnt believe the root growth in just 5 weeks.
The girl perked right up this morning like nothing ever happened, just a couple twisted leaves here and there.
Yes, the bean was mostly indica feminized.......so chances are pretty good that shes a keeper.
I dont see any pre-flowers yet........but the growth is so damn dense, that I couldnt see any pistils even if they were there:thumb:
I did order some yo-yo light adjusters to get the light up some more.......hopefully this will get some stretch going on.
I cant flower her because I dont have a carbon filter or exhaust system yet........she already stinks like a skunk that rolled around in diesel fuel......lol. Never smelled a plant thats so "dark and spicy".
I really hope that I can incorporate my co2 system into this grow somehow without all the heat of a sealed tent.......hopefully I'll get it dialed in so I can use it for flowering.
Oh......and I did switch the light to flower mode (I had both flower and veg switches on)

Back
Top Bottom