Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Nutes

I would definitely send Big Mike a link to this journal then (as well as your other posts). You definitely are an A/N devotee (not that there's anything wrong with that) and one of their strongest supporters/defenders. They should at least hire you as a marketing associate or something similar.

I like to be able to log into a forum now and then whenever I feel like it and I mostly just read posts rather than write them as you can tell from my post count.

I'm the kind of guy that likes to break down ideas or arguments to their component pieces and expose the weaknesses or problems with them. As one personality test puts it, the greatest insult someone like me can give someone is to completely ignore their idea or their side of an argument. That implies that it's not even worth taking apart to see if it works.

I like my AN products, and I like exposing flaws in arguments. So I like arguing on behalf of AN. But if it were a job that would take all the fun out of it. I've done that before, turning a hobby into a job. It sucks. Suddenly what you like doing is what you HAVE to do, and now what do you do for fun? Work?

Nah, I prefer jobs where at the end of the day I can point to something tangible and say, "I did that". I'm sure AN has jobs like that but that's probably all up in Canada.

Besides, I like working for myself. I don't like paying the TAXES for it (Uncle Sam doesn't even use lube for the self-employed), but aside from that it's a decent gig.

I think most people, myself included, are offended by the outragous claims made in their advertising. Not to mention the aggresive style of marketing and the ongoing propaganda that comes from them. Almost everyone of their ads in rosebud magazine reads like a credit repair or male enchancement ad.

Many of us understand that plant science isn't new and recognize when a companies real genius is in their marketing.

I don't need to subsidize big Mikes beuaty pagents in eastern europe, or the slick magazines they publish to know that I'm giving my girls exactly what they need.

I've spent 400 bucks on a crop for ferts and now spend 50. The less I us, the more sucess I have. I have also learned a lot more, not looking for some miracle in a bottle. Results come from a solid feed program and proper environment and care.

The AN products I have received samples of looked nice. But I see no difference over my Maxibloom @ 12 bucks a kilo. Which when mixed at 1.5 tsp per gallon brings most tap water to 5.8 ph.

I wish they'd dial back the amplitude on their marketing too, but I'm not gonna use or not use a product simply because they advertise. The more I use AN the happier I've been with their nutes and that's what makes my decision.

I use sensigrow and bloom with great results. No issues here. Except the stuff is ridiculously strong using like 1/8th the recommended dosage which offsets the high cost. Works for me.

Also when I say great results I mean they start off good then usually slow down or stop growing. Then burn comes or defeciencies start showing. I think its because I run them too hard and new growth is stunted or killed. I mean they look great but then start burning up or lacking something around 6-8 nodes.

I mean i have always just added per ppm of equal parts of anything I used via nutes. I want to understand what I am mixing up and what does what to the plant to help diagnosing problems etc..

Thanks for all the help so far.

Also when I say great results I mean they start off good then usually slow down or stop growing. Then burn comes or defeciencies start showing. I think its because I run them too hard and new growth is stunted or killed. I mean they look great but then start burning up or lacking something around 6-8 nodes.

I mean i have always just added per ppm of equal parts of anything I used via nutes. I want to understand what I am mixing up and what does what to the plant to help diagnosing problems etc..

Thanks for all the help so far.

If you are getting a defeciency using a good quality, proven base nutrient, then your problem is likely PH, overwatering or environmental.

The answer rarely comes in a bottle. That's why it's important to keep it simple. Makes problem solving much easier.

Just sensi ab and some zone. I have tried a lot different combos but it looks like its just nutrient too hot. I am down to about 200ppm and they are looking way better and growing faster then ever.

I mean its great I can use so little and get great growth rates. I just want to make sure that I am not underfeeding them. I am tracking ppm on 24hr to see fluxuation.

I'm curious if your meters reading right. 200ppm is tap water in most places.

They'll let you know if they're hungry.

i use maxibloom in coco. simple, cheap and very effective.

budlydoright said:
I'm curious if your meters reading right. 200ppm is tap water in most places.

They'll let you know if they're hungry.

i use maxibloom in coco. simple, cheap and very effective.

LOL. Ya have 400 dollar bluelabs meter been growing years just new to dwc from stinkbuds.

Tap is TO at 30ppm.

budlydoright said:
Whatever Works! As long as you have a sac of something at the end, it's all good....

Ya.. I am just not use to dwc having less ppm then my past aero grows.

I appreciate the input as well.

Something's wrong if you're burning plants at anything over 200ppm. I use Sensi too and I have no trouble at MUCH higher ppms. Just look around some journals and it's pretty obvious what you're experiencing is strange.

I've never used Zone with Sensi and I can't think of how that would be the cause of the problem you're seeing but you might consider cutting out the Zone for awhile and see if that makes a difference.

There has to be an explanation and I am really curious as to what it is, but it can't be the nutes. Too many people use them without seeing this to think the nutes are responsible.

Something's wrong if you're burning plants at anything over 200ppm. I use Sensi too and I have no trouble at MUCH higher ppms. Just look around some journals and it's pretty obvious what you're experiencing is strange.

I've never used Zone with Sensi and I can't think of how that would be the cause of the problem you're seeing but you might consider cutting out the Zone for awhile and see if that makes a difference.

There has to be an explanation and I am really curious as to what it is, but it can't be the nutes. Too many people use them without seeing this to think the nutes are responsible.

Don't know but when I dropped the ppm in my DWC buckets the plants are maintenance free now. Roots are white, and so many too (never this good).

I use like 100-250ish ppm now max for vegging and haven't gone over 400ppm in flower and the stuff is amazing. I think the burn was coming and root rot was coming from the days at 1000ish ppm and they had some time to recover from lockout.

Maer said:
how much zone are you using? maybe that is the issue

Less then recommended amount like .5 ml per gallon. I did run it with just base nutes (sensi) with same results. So I know zone is not issue matter of fact I am using benes in veg with voodoo and aquashield now since I know the low ppm now and its working great. I turn to zone in flower when roots are already large and in charge now.

Yeah, it's definitely not the AN. Too many people myself included don't have anything like this problem even at many times higher concentrations so whatever is causing this can't be the Advanced Nutes.

Yeah, it's definitely not the AN. Too many people myself included don't have anything like this problem even at many times higher concentrations so whatever is causing this can't be the Advanced Nutes.

Umm yes it was.. I am not going over 200ppm(max) with just RO water and AN PH Perfect.. its awesome just a bit powerful. Sorry to disappoint, I am not saying AN is bad, just the contrary I love it and that can use so little and grow awesome plants.

As I stated this maybe not in this thread, from elimination and reduction the plants respond awesome to little or very little AN PH Perfect in the mix. Problem with root burn and stunting was too much PH Perfect or just too much too soon. Even at 10"+ plants I use 200max ppm, which I am not complaining.

Back
Top Bottom