Advice On My Plants

Tarek N

I've grown these two they are almost 6 weeks The small one I know I over trimmed and underwatered. Because there are no fan leaves outside the main plant should I expect anything from it? The bigger one has few thin leaves and around bud sites so I'm concerned. I'm a beginner....... If any leaves start to yellow before buds form they are to be cut right? Or can a yellowing leave still help please give me your opinion
20210225_202137.jpg

20210225_201624.jpg

What about the small one? There are no fan leaves left just the ones around the bud sites(albeit a lot of them) do you think it will produce?

I'm guessing they're different strains as they're both 6 weeks? The small one is probably not because of anything you did, but its genetics.

The small one looks fine. Some just grow very bushy. I'm sure it'll eventually stretch but not like the other one.

Have you considered some LST, or bending and tying the tall growth down near the level of the other. (I like doing SCROG)

Once the branches are on a similar level you could drop your light and they'll get more even light and you'll likely get more out of them.

The little one looks very dark like she may still be getting a lot of nitrogen for that stage of flowering. Other than that she looks fine, but definitely leave her some fan leaves so she can keep flowering strongly. I agree with startergrow though, bending and/or tying them down would allow you to bring the light a little lower and more evenly across them both. Just be careful, as you don't want to break or snap any of them if they've started to get kind of woody already!

There also isn't always a need to chop yellowed fan leaves, often they can tell you a story about exactly what the plant needs or is feeling. If you had've left them on or posted the progression of how they yellowed/died, then that can tell us why the plant (or something else) may have eaten them. Although they definitely will eat their own leaves through flower, they should be basically dried or wilted and pull off by hand with little-to-no force before they're ready to be plucked, and usually I don't see them start to do that until more like week 4 or 5, and they are just finishing eating by like 8-10. The yellowing could have initially been a demand for nitrogen as she stretched entering flower, or even a magnesium/calcium deficiency (I've seen an increased need for Cal/Mag under my led as opposed to the outdoor ladies). Some of the other leaves on the bottom right of the top pic look like they need some magnesium to me, with the green leaf veins but yellowing interveinal space coming in from the tip. Have you been supplementing calcium or magnesium into your feeding? More natural lighting, or less of the red/blue spectrums would help the pictures too, if you have an adjustable light

That brown necrotic spotting on the one leaf in the bottom pic as well, looks like it could be a calcium deficiency. Often calcium and magnesium's interactions in the soil and the plant are connected, so you see deficiencies of these come together. I'd recommend adding a little more CalMag into your feeding regimen

For my grows, I've got epsom salts for the magnesium, and a homemade egg shell ferment (learned this one from a fantastic grower here on 420 mag, linked in my signature) for the calcium. The egg shell ferment takes a couple of weeks to ferment once you've got enough egg shells on hand, so not exactly something you can whip up quickly! :laughtwo: but a good route if you want to start planning to save money long-term! Otherwise there are lots of commercially available CalMag options

The taller one is more sativa. It will take longer to get through flower,
compared to the stubbier indica one. They both look ok as far as I can tell from the photo. I always had leaf issues with mega crop as well. I think most people do. Though not all. How many grams/gallon are you feeding?

Fan leaves act as sort of the reserve batteries for the plant. They show issues because they are being sacrificed and depleted of nutrients for the sake of the newer younger growth. So it’s better to leave them on till the bitter end if possible.

Back
Top Bottom