Need advice

Ace88of420

I'm still a beginner at growing, this is my second grow, first one indoors. I've got 2 plants both are suppose to be auto og kush rolex by seedsman but the plants look completely different even tho they are both very young. 1 seems to be doing ok but the second one seems like it has completely stalled. They are only 12 days old so idk if i should be concerned or not. There was some stretching at first, judging by the other plant at least, and they both have their second set of leaves but it's stopped right after that. Could it be that it's developing it's roots? Or that is recovering from the stretching? I had another plant before i got these seeds that stalled before even growing it's first leaves and it died.

I should also note that i had a problemwith the stalled plant as soon as it started growing, after the seed fell off the round leaves were not opening up and on closer inspection there was still a skin holding them shut, kinda like the brown skin you find on peanuts when you crack open the shells. I gently played with the skin for a moment and the round leaves sprang wide open to expose the first set of leaves already growing. They seemed healthy except the very tips of them were white, and still are

Hi. You've come to the right place. Pictures and a bit more information would be helpful for anyone trying to give you advice. What kind of soil? Have you given them anything? What kind of light?

Posting pictures - Have a look at this.

Soil i know i kinda screwed up on (and would appreciate it if no one put me down for it), i was in such a rush to grow i bought the only thing i could afford at the time, topsoil. After getting it is when i realized it was a mistake. I am using a 450w led and have given them very little nutes a little ff grow big and ff big bloom, less than half the recommended dose (i read to do less than what they say anyways and that for nutes less is more until you know what your plant can handle) I'll post pictures in just a minute

Ok so no more nutes lol as for watering i only add small amounts of water near the stem when the soil is looking/feeling dry.

This plant is very short compared to the other one but has a thicker stem and looks healthier than the other one. It was also the second one to sprout

This is the one that seems to have stalled, one morning i saw the beginning of the second set of leaves and by night time they were there the next day or 2 they got bigger but it's been days, probably going on close to a week since then and no new growth that i can see

Thanx i want to be patient, but it's kinda difficult lol and the last time i was patient the plant died, that's why i wanted to ask lol Plus this strain is supposed to be ready for harvest about 75 days from germination so i know if there is a problem i need to take care of it fast because it's such a short grow time

Yeah I get it. I just finished my second grow. As long as there is green growth they are doing well. If it starts to yellow or wilt or other obvious signs of stress then it’s time to worry.

For now they look right on schedule. There will be slight variations from pot to pot and plant to plant. All goo!

I figured the difference in their height was because when the first one sprouted they were further away from the light and by the time the second one sprouted i had raised the pots closer to the lights

I am growing the same plant....autos (seem to) start slow as they spend the first 2 weeks building root structure, then they will start growing leaf structure. They look fine to me....all good advice above...keep them moist but not overwatered and chill for the long haul.

You can buy better soil and a bigger pot and then transplant the seedling once it has 2-3 sets of leaves (2-3 weeks more).
:goodluck:

I am growing the same plant....autos (seem to) start slow as they spend the first 2 weeks building root structure, then they will start growing leaf structure. They look fine to me....all good advice above...keep them moist but not overwatered and chill for the long haul.
:goodluck:
How far into your grow are you? And have you done this one before?

That's what i thought (about it being a new strain) are you letting it grow normally or are trying any lst? I was planning on tying it down a bit as it grew

One other trick is to water on the outside of the pot (reverse of pic above) as it forces the roots of the plant to seek water....they'll be stronger that way and less chance of drowning the plant.
I've got some decent sized pots and i was afraid if i watered along the outsideof the pot the water would never make it to the plant, but I did read about making the roots seek out the water

With autos I usually top them 3-4 weeks after they pop (I wait until I can cut above the 4/5 node). I like 7/10 gallon fabric pots for autos (I also grow in soil) because I think they need that much root space and soil nutrients (assuming the soil has them). I push wire through the lip of the fabric pot and then loop the other end to the outer branches of the auto...mainly to allow better light penetration.

I've got some decent sized pots and i was afraid if i watered along the outsideof the pot the water would never make it to the plant, but I did read about making the roots seek out the water
You can add a lot more water to the outer rim and it will sit there in the soil until the plants wants/needs it. Watering it where the plant sits can rot the roots and create issues (you are fine as it is now).

Back
Top Bottom