Ak 250 Watt Closet - New Medicinal User

Akgrower87

Ok so here goes. Just got my card and have decided to start getting setup.

Light- 250 watt hps
Seeds- ambrosia ordered from the UK
Soil- all organic no nutes added from the local nursery

I plan on growing 4 plants in the one tote. Also considering a scrog but that's to be decided later

IMG_15035.jpg
IMG_15065.JPG
IMG_15056.JPG
IMG_15076.jpg
IMG_150812.jpg

IMG_15134.jpg
IMG_15128.JPG

Day 5 and things are still moving along. Put them on a light cycle today instead of 24/7 light.
Ill let them develop their next couple sets of leaves and throw em in the dirt.
I still have yet to choose a line of nutrients. Any suggestions? Im headed into town in the next couple days and there is a grow shop. Guess ill shop around and see whats available.

Also another thing these guys/gals are a week old. They seem kinda small but I'm new to this so let me know what ya think maybe I'm just misimformed.

They look fine to me. I've used the same nutrients in my past grow they work just fine if you follow the feeding schedule! Looking forward to seeing the end product :thumb::goodluck:

:blunt:

I appreciate it bigblunts wend ahead and gave them 1/4 of the recommended feeding for seedlings. We shall see what happens. Gonna try and update this journal at least 2X weekly.

Ok Got a new question. This pic is on the table on the back of the general hydroponics nutes. My question is does this chart mean a 1/4 teaspoon of each, gro,bloom and the other one per gallon of water for seedlings or a quarter teaspoon of just the grow or bloom for whatever stage you are in???? i just don't want to overfeed them especially at this stage. Kinda tough for me to ask this question in a way i can even understand. Thats my best shot though lol.
IMG_153817.jpg

I am no expert however my girls seem to respond great to my new Metal Halide and T5 bulbs. Read about the color plants need under veg.
Here is one plant I think around 6 days after coming out of the soil under a 400w Metal Halide.

Compare your plants to photos you took a few days ago. That should give you a good idea on growth.

2013-02-17_18-41-14_979.jpg

Yea I have read up on it a little bit and do plan on expanding and getting a veg tent with some t5 lights, I'm just crunched for cash. I have read a lot of people's grows that say they grow under only hps bulbs......thought I would give it a shot. it has to be better than the single 2 foot flourescent cool white light they were under right???? That's my only other light source for now.

Ok so these little plants are 11 days old. Going to put them in their final home on monday. Have been giving them a liiiiiiiight feeding 1/2 of what they recommend for seedlings and cuttings. Growth seems......slow but who knows i may just be expecting more from em lol but it is what it is. Anybody got any recommendations or feedback?
IMG_155213.JPG
IMG_155115.JPG

Ok guys so heres the rundown, I have a problem! My seedlings have turned completely yellow.....I have been very hands off, only gave them nutes once and gave them 1/4 the recommended dose for seedlings. I dont know my PH for my meter is still in shipping here.......a mother fucker to get stuff to my remote location in alaska. I transplanted them into their permanent home waaaaaaaaay earlier than i planned but their growth is extremely stunted. Im pretty new to growing but about a year ago i did a small grow in tx and did it allllll wrong with miracle grow controlled release soil.....it did better than this one so far. Kinda confused and would love some feedback. heres some pics the best i could get but the HPS light im using kinda covers the yellow so i took em with the lights off. I also took the advice from Hank123 and ordered a MH light for veg. I hope everything improves bc i spent a chunk on these seeds :(
IMG_15614.JPG
IMG_15607.JPG
IMG_15596.JPG
IMG_15589.JPG
IMG_15578.JPG
IMG_15566.JPG

I dont give seedlings nutes, good soil should be good enough for a few weeks. but thats just me...:peace:

I dont give seedlings nutes, good soil should be good enough for a few weeks. but thats just me...:peace:
Pretty much spot on. I NEVER give seedlings nutrients and I actually rarely have to use nutrients in the veg process altogether. depends a lot of how long your vegging and what type of soil/compost your working with. Never had a problem with fox farms ocean forest personally. And the one major thing I wanted to tell you. For your own sake and the plants sake ditch the Rubbermaid bin and put those babies in their own pots. Your roots could get very tangled and inhibit growth. Or I could break it down even further and explain how if I had a grow with 4 plants going. Ok were in veg, one of the big girls seems to be eating a little more then the rest, or one has a deficiency. Now you have most likely nute burned all your plants trying to fix the problem for ONE of them....Other than that looks decent so far and good luck.

And yes If you've fed them it could be the issue looks like a little burn to me. like I said never feed seedlings and when and if I need to use nutes in veg its after the plants are atleast a 2 weeks old. EDIT: Or im seeing things because the lighting of your pictures. But if its those two first round leaves that are yellow your worried about its fine, that normal those will always do that and always fall off.

Back
Top Bottom