AK47 Feminised: Help?

Welcome, Rasen92. Look around the forums and you'll find a lot of information is there for the pickin' already. Tell us a little about your plans (equipment, growing medium, etc;...) and the more experienced growers will be along shortly to offer advice. Welcome. You're in the right place to learn and score some good tips.

Hello Alaformia and Stoneotter,

I understand and really do appreciate the information which is available over the forum, but still since I’m a guy who always wants to learn by asking
the known ones. So I request you to share your knowledge and expertise.

Basic info: seeds are feminised and I am looking forward to grow indoor via soil. Have not bought any equipment’s yet.
Looking forward to a pint to start from. May be soil.

Yes good morning! Feel free to check out my journal, located at the bottom of my post called blue angel 2019. To be honest about the soil, my first attempt at growing indoors I bought some el cheapo soil no name soil, it did great. Was a beautiful plant and amazing smoke. Unless you really do the research necessary to pick out the “right” soil then just pick some stuff up and go with it. It’s necessarily not about the soil but it’s about the grower, nutrients, experiences, size of pot your using. Etc.

My advice would be to start a journal and you will be surprised at the amount of people that will flock towards it and follow your every move, giving you advice and helping you along the way. Good luck sir, don’t forget to tag my name when you start a journal, Put an @ symbol following my tag immediately after. For example @Backlipslide

Good luck sir! :passitleft:

welcome along on your adventure!!
so you have a blank slate to begin!
ahh so much to consider

environment control (heating/cooling)
extraction
lighting
medium
nutrients
the list goes on..

firstly, you should consider your space and budget...

how big is your space, do you need a tent, ease of access and work area is a plus!
once you know how big a tent you will be able to work out how much lighting you need, then what type.. what will be most cost efficient in initial outlay and economy to run. hps are proven results, cheap, but run hot.
cmh more expensive, slightly cooler, better quality light..
or led, a whole minefield of its own...

if you live in a hot area, and will need cooling consider led over the hps/cmh, if you are in a cold area consider led may mean you need extra heating..

hps and cmh are pretty straight forward,
led you have complete units/blurpes, or cob/quantum arrays.

cobs/quantum boards are considered the better quality led for both yield and quality, over blurpes. they can be; but not necessarily more expensive, i run quantum boards, a couple of 100w floodlights and a couple of blurples.
protective glasses are a must!!

so then environment, as mentioned will you need extra heating/cooling this can be considered after you start, as until you are up and runningn you wont know how easy (or not) it is to control your ideal conditions. do you need a humidifier, or dehumidifier etc etc
depending on where you but your tent will depend on it it comes with an extraction fan or you will need to buy separate, the size of fan will be decided by size of tent.

the medium... hydro or soil, coco or living organic!!
mine field
i run coco atm but would like to go living organic in future.
once medium is decided decide pots, if coco/soil airpots or fabric pots are considered superior to standar plastic pots.

once medium and pots decided look at nutrients, i use growth technology ionic lineup, as they are 1 part mix base nutes, 1 for veg 1 for bloom

some others are 3 part and require more attention when mixing ratios etc

also water source, is it tap water, reverse osmosis or distilled. rain water or well..
again this can determine which nutrients you go with, if using synthetic nutrients with hard water you can get them designed for harder water, which allows space for ppm content in the hard water.

ahh so much to consider..
but theres a few thins to begin hah

good luck

Not sure of your plans, so better for you to toss out ideas you have and we can assist

I suggest you....
Read
Read
Read

Then read some more.

Decide the following that suits you based on your country. Country is a big factor since not everything is available world wide
Medium?
Lights?
Nutes?
Tent?
Etc etc etc

Good luck

Hello friends!!!

I’m back again!

Took this long to gather all of the products, since I have procured most of them, I need an expert in Feminised AK47.

If there is any, in gonna share my further details.

Please any expert in Feminised seeds?

Hello backsideflipper,

I am into my own self made grow tent, and I need to know the conditions and parameters to be set in order to grow Feminised seeds from germination to harvesting.

My equipment’s:
1. Self made grow tent- 5x4x8 (half finished)
2. Viparspectra Reflective series 900Watts
3. Mylar emergency blankets for reflective sheets- 5nos
4. Fox farm trio Nutrients
5. a- IPower 4inch 190CFM dutc in-line fan with 4inch carbon filter and 8 feet ducting combo- along with variable fan speed controller
5. b- step down transformer for the same.
6. Small Humidifier
7. Small De-humidifier
8. 1 medium sized standing/wall mounted fan
9. Computer ventilation fans (May be used as exhaust fan or clip fans)- 2 now
10. TDS/EC/PH meter for water testing.
11. Hygrothermometer
12. Soil PH tester
13. Coco Peat- 5 kilos
14. Perlite
15. Disinfectant spray (to clean the grow room before germination process)
16. Pruning Trimmer
17. Bike air filter small ( may be to be used as inline filter for fan)
18. Non stick scissors
19. Water sprayers 400ml
20. Duct tapes
21. Hand gloves.

So please review my above list of products and let me know if anything else is needed.

Also I need help in the following for growing my Feminised AK 47
1. How to prepare my soil mix- I have Red Soil, black soil, fone grade vermi compost, coco peat and perlite. So in what ratio should mix these and prepare my own soil?

2. Best Germination process?

3. Humidity conditions?

4.Temperature conditions?

5. Light cycles?

6. Nutrition cycles?

Note/ I am from India, South. It’s raining here and the weather is gonna stay wet humid for the next 2-3 months.

So I hope you have an idea of what I am seeking?

Good morning rasen92. Sounds like your close to beans wet. I would set everything up and run the setup without plants in there to see what your conditions are. That way you will be able to dial things in and have a good shot at a successful grow

Since I am from India, it took a long time for me to procure all these products, especially the light, seeds and the fan regulator. Had to get it imported with great great difficulty. So request you to help me out.

Good luck with the grow. congratz on getting your items delivered to you.

What are the ideal conditions for the germination process? - humidity and temperature
Hi Rasen .. put seeds in a glass of water and leave them for 24 hrs .. after 24 hrs if they are still floating , poke them and see if they sink ... its the ones at the bottom that are good to go ... take the sunken ones and put them in a damp paper towel for 24 hrs .. they should have started sprouting by now ... then transfer them into your soil , sprout pointing to the base .. .. dont worry too much about temp/humidity when germinating as long as its not freezing lol ... good luck ... everything you need to know is online

You’ve got a good list and then some stuff that’s not so important but good to have. You will want 18 on 6 off for a light schedule for veg (or 20/4 or 24/0) I like 18/6.

Like jamfen said for germination process. That’s the process I use.

Are you planning on building a super soil?

If not then I would recommend getting some nutrients to feed your plant with.

Don’t worry about humidity, except for very young seedlings/ cuttings/clones and if your having a hard time keeping it down in flower.

If I missed any other questions please ask. I’m a lil busy at the moment so I couldn’t re read your reply and do a decent reply back.

I also built my tent. Check out my journal located in my signature below my post. I built it, grew a couple different times and then rebuilt it again.

What are the ideal conditions for the germination process? - humidity and temperature
Welcome Rasen92:welcome: this is the 3, I would focus on my first grow:
Focus on your Tent first thing before bringing in a baby.lol making sure you have the right amount of ventilation for the plant is number #1 (have a vent hole at each wall side of the tent on the bottom for intake air and have one at the top to blow out air #2 temp/humidity- i like to run my temps both veg/ flower in the (mid/ high 70's- for dense buds-fluffy bud in the 80s) the younger the plant more humidity the older less humidity.
#3 don't over water/feed your plant- be patient- the plant will yield more and have less deficiencies/problems down the road if you water/feed correctly.

Really just focus on the basics. It's looks like the rest of your setup is pretty nice.
Good luck on you grow:thumb:

Welcome Rasen92! My biggest tip is to make certain your soil drains well, and do not overwater. Read as much as you can about watering right away and stick to the advice. You should find some great varieties in India. My dad was just over there last year, wish I could have talked him into scouting some sativa seeds. lmao

Welcome rasen92, my advice is on top of reading and studying until your eyes burn, also make sure you triple check your germination methods as this is the easiest time to mess up your seedlings. I lost 2 seeds in bad germination attempts and I also ordered over seas. Running your tent/set up before any of your imported seeds germinate is a great idea and I also recommend doing a test with a bad seed. I'm doing that my self at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom