Akephalon's Soil White Cookies Journal

It’s a lot of fun and it always keeps you on your toes. I couldn’t really spot the difference between cloudy and clear trichomes. I just knew once I saw amber I was close. The amber ones are easy to spot, I actually noticed mine with no magnifier.

Yesterday afternoon I cut off a branch, gave it a trim, and quick-dried the buds in the microwave. The resulting smoke, while a bit harsh, was not as bad as I expected it to be and definitely did what it's supposed to - I'm still feeling it a bit this morning.

We're definitely ready for harvest.

I've taken Friday off so I'm not spending a great big chunk of my weekend trimming trees and I'll be wet-curing two or three ounces of what I get so that I'll have some new stuff to smoke a little more quickly. After everything's done and dusted I'll be planting four Northern Lights autos that I got from Crop King. I'll be starting a new journal that I hopefully will keep up with more content than this one. I also plan on being a little more hands on with the next crop.

Stay tuned for final pictures of my trees before harvest and harvest weights!

Wow. Trimming takes a lot of time. I had some running around to do in preparation this morning and then took the dog for a walk and smoked a joint to get in the groove, so I didn't end up starting the chop until 1 in the afternoon. I took a few breaks, with one longer break in the evening so I could hang out with the dog, and finished about 10 minutes ago around 9:30. I'm guessing it took me about five or six hours all told to chop and trim the trees and clean everything up afterward.

I pulled 30 ounces off the trees and hung it up in the tent to dry and I've got an unknown amount, probably 3 or so ounces, water-curing in mason jars. I've got 2.4 ounces of trim and popcorn buds in the freezer to be sifted for hash. I probably could have grabbed a few more popcorn buds for hash, but I wet trimmed so I'll probably do a second pass after everything is nice and dry.

So. I've read in a few places that I can expect to get a third dry of what I have fresh. That means I'll have about 10 ounces of the stuff I've hung up after everything is done and dusted. At my current black market prices I've saved myself a grand, which pays for my setup and most of the odds and ends that I've bought since I started the grow in January. At government prices I've saved myself more like $2500, which is pretty awesome.

I'll post some harvest pictures tomorrow. I'm exhausted.

As promised, here are some pictures of yesterday's haul!

The runt of the litter, pre chop.

And post trim. She actually yielded the second most, but I didn't put as much off of her in the water cure so there's probably a lot of popcorn on those stems.

I forgot to take pictures of all of the plants pre-chop, but here's the post-trim picture of the second plant. Got 8.4 ounces wet off of this one.

Here's the Christmas tree on the third plant. I was really surprised at how thick the main stems got on these. I have no idea what I was expecting, but I was surprised at almost every turn during this process.

And the third plant post chop.

This is how bushy I allowed my plants to get. I'm definitely going to do a lot more pruning and training on the next grow if only to make harvest a little less time consuming.

And here's everything hung up to dry. I've got an exhaust fan going, a small fan inside the tent moving air around, and a small space heater blowing into the test from the outside to bring the humidity down closer to 50%. I've also got the trim drying in a baking pan lined with paper towel - I'll be moving it around occasionally to make sure everything is exposed to the air and hopefully avoid mold.

And finally, two of my water cure jars. I took a look at one of them this morning and it didn't look too cloudy yet. I'm hoping that I have enough water in the jars, but they had only been in the water for eight or so hours when I had a look this morning. I may make a new thread about the water cure because I'm really interested in how it's going to turn out and want to share my outcomes with the forum.

Well, I just pulled a few buds off of a stem and they came off without any stringy plant matter attached.

Looks like the initial dry will be done in five days.

This evening I’ll be stripping the stems and jarring the buds to cure. A question for anyone watching, what’s the best way to strip the buds from the stems?

And after about an hour or so of clipping buds from stems, we have a final tally!

4.2 ounces!

I’m not sure how much I’ll get out of the water cure, but I’m guessing I’ll end up with a total of 5 ounces.

I will admit that I was hoping for more, but i also didn’t put a massive amount of effort into it to see what I could pull off on my first go.

Thanks for watching!

Back
Top Bottom