Akisunni Indoor Cold & Hot Grow Zones

I had my son and met Dale in 1980, married Dale in 1981, had our daughter in '82. The 80s were the beginning of the me I am today. By 82 my family was set and I began my journey to forgiving myself and learning to live as an expression of joy. A fitting name aki.

Still makes me giggle. :laughtwo:

Makes me giggle with glee aki. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Good, I figure a couple of things good can come out of this. 1) an old DNA strain returns. 2) an old hippy gets a bag seed named after them, that could someday change smoke brands if it is sweet... 3) If this works out right, you will have an endless supply of seeds and hybrids available for testing in the future.

Game plan is as follows: 1) grow out the old seed. Get clones taken. Sex one of the clones while parent keeps growing. If male, take pollen samples. Take C.S. and spray some junctions and try to make it grow a flower, to self pollinate for fresh seeds. Male seeds but healthy 80's Genetics. If the plant is female, have it self pollinate using C.S, so we get a supply of femized fresh seeds of our new Sweet80Sue label.

If you like it, you can start playing around with it being a house strain.

Still giggling aki. :laughtwo:

We're so poor we don't pay any. I don't recommend it as a lifestyle, but it makes tax season a breeze. :laughtwo::green_heart:

We're so poor we don't pay any. I don't recommend it as a lifestyle, but it makes tax season a breeze. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Working on being a little less poor myself this year. I once owed the IRS 2x what I paid for the 1st house I bought. So, ya, that was fun paying off. No joke, in sq ft. I figure it was a 2400 sq ft home with 6 bedroom and 4 bathrooms on a 1/4 acre... in back taxes. The IRS has LOVED me over the years, that bill was the left over taxes I owed after I paid what I could. :volcano-smiley:

Introducing the full picture set of Sweet80'sSue Strain

I am growing this strain and naming it after our own Sweet Sue, and adding the 80's to the name, as this plants seed is from my christmas seed bank. The 1st of about 50 seeds I didnt get to grow. In fact I have stopped trying now, and will donate my seed bank to others, who know how to grow old seeds better then I do. The first is a genetics bank in SoCal who is entering their newest stuff in the Cups. They are planning a whole new line of plants based on growing original 80's seeds and then crossing those with their best GirlScoutCookie stuff.

The idea is both an 80's strain... as seed stock, but also a Hybrid strain with a SweetSueCookies line.

IMG_37797.JPG
IMG_37807.JPG
IMG_37819.JPG
IMG_37823.JPG
IMG_37833.JPG
IMG_37848.JPG

SweetSueCookie line. How appropriate. Before Dale's life got so incredibly medically challenging and required me to be careful about our diet I was a master Christmas cookie baker. Cookies to die for, lovingly made one batch at a time with the absolute best ingredients and real butter.

Now I limit myself to a mere 6 different types and do half batches. (Sigh) I weigh significantly less than I did then, so there's that.

This whole thing just makes me giggle aki. :laughtwo::green_heart:

SweetSueCookie line. How appropriate. Before Dale's life got so incredibly medically challenging and required me to be careful about our diet I was a master Christmas cookie baker. Cookies to die for, lovingly made one batch at a time with the absolute best ingredients and real butter.

Now I limit myself to a mere 6 different types and do half batches. (Sigh) I weigh significantly less than I did then, so there's that.

This whole thing just makes me giggle aki. :laughtwo::green_heart:

I'm glad you giggle, its a good thing to do. I wish I did more of it too.

*Update*

I repotted SweetSue into a 5 gallon container of generic potting soil. The local organic soils I have purchased have (and where) significantly stunting the plant. I have purchased some generic soil to see if I can get her growing at the same rate other plants around her are. Dont ask whats in the soil. Just know it looks a lot friendlier than the organic wood chips she was in.

I will be adding worms to her container and giving it some teas going forward. However, what she was in, when I changed her, wasnt something I would want to grow in. In hindsight, all three plants I have used that material with, have looked "dreary or stunted".

Try a couple nice comfrey teas over a six week period aki. Lots of goodness in comfrey.

*Sweet80'sSue Update*

I have repotted her (she is growing so slow, I figure it has to be a girl) and she already appear to be perking up. Her new 5 gallon bucket will be her home for a while. I may in fact bring her from the garage into my office and make her a house plant during the summer so she can grow in stable temps once my region hits summer HEAT.

IMG_38208.JPG
IMG_382310.JPG
IMG_38229.JPG
IMG_38216.JPG

Her two larger room mates are still unsexed, but not showing any signs of male aspects yet. I will be placing them outside in a few weeks. Once they have maximized their indoor growth cycle.

I would like to get "Sue" old enough and big enough to become a donor for my 2015 Fall grow cycle. I would like to have at least one clone turned into a fem seed source. Maybe grow a couple clones for smoking, and a couple more for future breeding stock.

You are so sweet. :love:

What's up Aki? By chance, do you use beneficial bacteria? Recharge is a great product that I'm having fantastic results with. Just harvested 19 zips from a plant that has been majorly stressed at least twice during bloom. Regardless of the product chosen, beneficial bacteria in any root zone WILL equate to explosive root growth which will equate to explosive skeletal growth as well.

What's up Aki? By chance, do you use beneficial bacteria? Recharge is a great product that I'm having fantastic results with. Just harvested 19 zips from a plant that has been majorly stressed at least twice during bloom. Regardless of the product chosen, beneficial bacteria in any root zone WILL equate to explosive root growth which will equate to explosive skeletal growth as well.

Never heard of it as a supplement, I believe SweetSue grows it herself.

Is it something like this?

"Great White Mycorrhizae Trichoderma Beneficial Bacteria Nutrients"?

Aki

I just ordered 4 oz of the stuff, will try making a top dressing of 1 teaspoon per 2 gal of water and pouring it onto the roots of my plants going forward. Hey, if 1 teaspoon of magic fairy dust and water and sun light is all a plant needs, stand back while I get in line. cough cough

Aki the Magic Fairy Dust Buyer...

So all the plant needs is water, sunlight, magic dust and worms in a good potting soil mix?

I never thought of that. Aki, are you using mycorrihizal fungi inoculant in your soil? I think the real value is in no-till application, since it can take the fungi 3-4 months to get really established. The longer you leave it undisturbed ..... You don't garden like that, from what I've seen. It still might offer a little edge to the micro community. Or it could be tossing your money away, since you till.

The more I study about the mycorrihizal the happier I am that I chose no-till. Now I just need to get some years into it and actually understand what I'm doing.

Good night Aki. Too tired to type. :love:

I never thought of that. Aki, are you using mycorrihizal fungi inoculant in your soil? I think the real value is in no-till application, since it can take the fungi 3-4 months to get really established. The longer you leave it undisturbed ..... You don't garden like that, from what I've seen. It still might offer a little edge to the micro community. Or it could be tossing your money away, since you till.

The more I study about the mycorrihizal the happier I am that I chose no-till. Now I just need to get some years into it and actually understand what I'm doing.

Good night Aki. Too tired to type. :love:

Sue,

I am a student of life, I love na live to change things. I tinker. I am pondering if adding this mega blast of ingredients to my weekly watering schedule, while planting my plants in Large containers with potting soil in them is all I would need for a plant during its 3+ month life cycle with my garden. I tend to give them 30 days of Veg plus 60-90 days of flower. So the mycorrihizai should have a chance to fully grow, and be at max capacity as the plant needs it for the flowering stage.

If this works, I will probably just pull the ball of roots out, and place the new plant into that same space, and add a layer of "power in the hole" before replanting the new girl. This would give me a larger living environment (16 gal container is design in my mind) with a thriving co existence for the new plant to settle into.

Call it a "Weekly Supplemented Semi LOS with 95% recycle no till" approach.

Aki the LOS in a Bottle Guy

I want to add, I also purchased 1 pound of "Azomite Organic Trace Mineral Powder" - omri natural fertilizer soluble nutrient which is supposed to help recharge depleted soils. I am thinking of adding this stuff to my garden beds along with my potted stuff. Serious, if I can boost my beds productivity by adding some minerals & bacteria/fungi, I am all for it.

I will stop all of the other salt based additives go with fresh organic soil to augment my garden bed volumes. I will gladly go with a potty soil (organic, when I find it) and use a starter with these micro powders & minerals and supplement with multi types of worms and finish with a fresh round of starter myco & bacteria bath every week to boost the levels.

Yes, Recharge is similar to Great White, though they differ slightly in in the colonies they produce. The recharge comes with powdered molasses and some humus, so adding other ingredients is not necessary and can be used right away, whereas the GW takes upwards of 48 hours prep time before it can be added. As you know the microbial fungi help to process unavailable elements into available nutrients so this might also go along with soil reconditioning all while stripping the roots of non beneficial colonies of bacteria.

Quick Update

I picked up a "Super Sour Diesel" and a "Dutch Train" clones today, to add to the Sweet Sue and two neighbors in the indoor 24 hour light veg space. These new plants are almost the same size as Sue, so should be able to keep her company, as the two larger plants transition to outside soon.

Pictures later today,

Aki the Clone Guy

Back
Top Bottom