Virgin Grower, Pink 2.0 & Sour Diesel Clones, Indoor, Soil

Virgin Grower - Pink 2.0 & Sour Diesel Clones - Indoor - Soil

I'm holding out for another eleven days until harvest so that my first grow ends on 4/20. All of the trichomes on my first two clones are cloudy white, with only a handful of stragglers that are almost clear. The buds seem super bulky on the Sour Diesel; they haven't gotten much longer but they seem very heavy and have a clear girth between their leaves. I'm guessing that my bottom-line yield per plant is an 1 oz., so if I clear that number on either clone I will be very content. I think this will leave an opening for a healthy surprise if I'm wrong.

After all of the reading online I've decided to stick to Ed Rosenthal's Grower's Guide's process of manicuring, curing, drying and storing. It is the most uniform of all that I have seen, plus MUCH of the available information online anywhere is either contradictory, nominally mislabeled, numerically mislabeled, illogically explained or entirely incorrect. I have noticed his process is also ordered in a much different manner than others I have seen on many grow websites, including this one.

SD-2_BWK-7_5_PHVST.jpg

Pre-Harvest: Sour Diesel Clone #2 says her last words.

SD-2_HVST.jpg

Harvest: Sour Diesel Clone #2 gets snipped.

P2-3_BWK-7_5_HVST.jpg

Harvest: Pink 2.0 Clone #3 drank the Kool-Aid.

P2-3_Best-Bud.jpg

Pre-Manicure: Pink 2.0 Clone #3's best bud before a thorough manicure.

P2-3_Manicure.jpg

Post-Manicure: the aftermath of Pink 2.0 Clone #3's dismemberment.

SD-2_Manicure.jpg

Post-Manicure: Sour Diesel Clone #2 rests in pieces.

SD-2_Best-Bud.jpg

Post-Manicured Bud: one of Sour Diesel Clone #2's primary nuggets.

SD-2_Dry-Cure.jpg

Post-Drying Cure: Sour Diesel Clone #2's curing environment after being burger-flipped for a few days in the drying tray.

P2-3_CWK-1.jpg

Cure Week 1: Pink 2.0 Clone #3's best-cured bud; this clone yielded 17 grams of very spindly, organic bud. Could have been better or worse.

SD-2_CWK-1.jpg

Cure Week 1: Sour Diesel Clone #2's best-cured bud, a hard choice out of 20 grams from this petite beauty; I have been sampling this while writing up today's entry, it is quite strong.

Post-Harvest:

My overall yield came to 37 grams of bud, not including any of the trim (which I don't really care about); I freshly divided this while watching Braveheart. I was disappointed in Pink 2.0 Clone #3's quality but still surprised with its output; I expected its dry weight to be a little worse. Sour Diesel Clone #2 gave me a decent run of 20 grams, which is by far the best tasting marijuana I have ever had. I blame this on never having organically-grown marijuana, so I expect that many other growers with more experience in this particular area could produce something far better than this. Still, after being in California for seven years, I have to say that much of the bud quality at the dispensaries really disappoints me now. I don't know how I was buying something that tasted so bad for so long; I am a firm believer now that growing this yourself is the only way to procure marijuana from now on, both due to its quality and personal convenience.

Drying/Curing Process:

This is the basic process that I have followed and it has worked very well; after trying the product today I couldn't believe that I had grown it.

1: Divide trimmed bud neatly into open jars in a dimly-lit environment; this environment must be given proper air-circulation, it must have an air temperature that can be manipulated to 60-65 degrees Fahrenheit, and each jar of bud must maintain 55%-65% humidity during the curing process. I found that the trick to keeping the jars properly humid in my environment was to turn them on their sides while open; when I checked on them every hour after doing this, I noticed that both jars maintained 55%-65% humidity.

2: Place a hygrometer/thermometer (preferably analog) into each jar to aid in humidity and temperature control.

3: Every hour, remove the analog hygrometer/thermometer to observe the environmental conditions within the jar, then gently turn the jars over to move the buds to a new resting position. This prevents them from having dents from laying in one position for too long.

4: After 1-3 days of properly drying in open jars, your buds should change from a moist, leathery exterior to one that is slightly crisper, though moist and malleable when you squeeze them; at this point you can close the jars and place them in a cool, dark area of the same air temperature and humidity. I chose to place mine directly in front of the air conditioning vent with the light off, it works very well. Every two to four hours, gently shake the jars to move the nuggets around, then open the jars and lay them in the dimly lit environment on their sides. The humidity will definitely have gone up inside of your jar, but will settle back down into the curing zone of 55%-65%. Repeat this cycle for another two to six weeks.

Bloom C - Week #5.65: Pink 2.0 Clone #2

This clone is coming up on the harvest mark in the next three or four weeks; it is nice to have a perpetual system, I feel safer using what I have in stock as it cures now. Clone #2 also has a much more robust set of buds than Clone #3 did; I attribute this to only removing dead or dying leaves, while leaving everything else alone. Luckily, I didn't have to remove many. I made the mistake of removing my fan leaves too early on my first grow and I believe that it cost me in yield. I have faith that this plant will give me substantially better results after actually harvesting something and knowing how to judge it by eye a little better.

Bloom D - Week #.65

I have transplanted Pink 2.0 Clone #1 and Sour Diesel Clone #3 into the Bloom Room four days ago; I am excited to have a few weeks' worth ready to go with three weeks until my next harvest and now, another eight weeks of anticipation until the harvest after that. Life is good.

P2-2_BWK-6_CU.jpg

Pink 2.0 Clone #2's Close-Up at the beginning of Bloom Week #6.

P2-2_BWK-6.jpg

Pink 2.0 Clone #2's Wide-Angle at the beginning of Bloom Week #6.

Bloom-E.jpg

Group Photo of Bloom B, Bloom C, Bloom D and Bloom E together.

General Update(s):

This week was a lot of work; I have added Bloom E to the mix of science projects that I have in the Bloom Room, but Bloom E came with fungus gnats. I did the sand and pea-rock combination layers on the topsoil of each other plant in the Bloom Room. It looks much cleaner and I feel much more comfortable knowing that every single plant that I own has been protected, whether they are in the Bloom or the Vegetative Stages.

Bloom C - Week #5.95: Pink 2.0 Clone #2

Clone #2 is swelling up more appropriately than the last Pink 2.0 Clone did, the buds look spectacular and aren't skinny at all, either. I think that this clone might actually yield decently in comparison to my first batch. There are already some hairs turning orange, but I will inspect the trichomes individually this coming week to determine how much longer I'll most likely be waiting.

Bloom D - Week #.95

Both of these plants have responded very well to the up-sized pots; they've begun to put out bright green leaves again after enduring the 12/12 Photoperiod for a few days. I have faith that they will yield quite well in the next eight weeks.

P2-2_Snipped.jpg

Pink 2.0 Clone #2 pictured shortly after decapitation.

P2-2_Dry.jpg

Pink 2.0 Clone #2's total yield of buds on the drying tray; I managed to pull 48 grams of wet weight bud from this clone.

P2-2_Trim.jpg

Pink 2.0 Clone #2's Trim Jar; I managed to pull 21 grams of wet-weight trim.

P2-2_Best-Bud.jpg

Pink 2.0 Clone #2's Best Bud Cluster, weighing in at 15 grams wet-weight.

Bloom C - Harvest: Week #6.25

It's Christmas year-round here; I just harvested Pink 2.0 Clone #2 after discovering three trichomes per sugar-leaf, which ripened up a lot faster than I anticipated. I'm going to halt doing a 14 Dark/10 Light schedule again until Bloom Week 5 or 6 for these next few plants, given how quickly the bud ripened from my first set. I am honestly surprised that this plant from the same strain pulled this much more out; I know what the problem was between the two grows now, also: I pulled too many fan leaves too early, that's why my second Pink 2.0 Clone reacted differently. I also had Low Stress Trained Pink 2.0 Clone #2, not the first Pink 2.0 Clone #3.

Total Bud Wet-Weight: 48 Grams

Total Trim/Leaf Wet-Weight: 21 Grams

Overall Plant Output: 69 Grams

This plant's output restores my faith in the concept of patience; I handled my first Bloom too much and pruned too many fan leaves when I should have just left it alone. Giving these plants their time to grow without bothering them is exactly why the output was vastly different.

General Update(s):

I will be adding another tray of plants to the Bloom Room very soon; I may wait a few weeks to allow my self-processed Sour Diesel clones vegetative growth time. I think that I may recycle this strain to keep this thread going for awhile after my next harvest; I understand there is a loss of quality after re-cloning too many times, I would like to see what the quality difference is for myself since I expect to have another decent yield in the near future.

Happy 4/20!!!

P2-2_Cure_Day-1.jpg

My overall bud yield on Cure Day 1, taking a break out of the jar for a photo opportunity; if I'm lucky I'll be able to try some later tonight.

P2-2_Cure_Day-1_Nugget.jpg

This is my favorite nugget after both finishing drying and completing Cure Day 1.

P2-2_Cure_Day-1_Cola.jpg

This is the top cola nugget after completing Cure Day 1.

P2-2_Hairy_Cure.jpg

Close-up on a bundle of nuggets on Cure Day 1.

Brownies5.jpg

Obligatory Holiday Celebration Brownies.

I just made Blondie Brownies with Organically-Extracted Organic Cannabis/Coconut Oil; I put everything I had in there besides taking about 9 grams out for making soap, hand scrub and straight doses to my black coffee in the morning. After the initial drying I've made out with 27 grams; now to watch the curing process take its toll.

I might just let these journals fade out, I'm kind of tired of looking at pages and pages of nothing but myself talking. Thank you to the two or three people who actually stopped by my threads and asked questions or gave me ideas. I have seen many other people on their first growing journal that seem to be overwhelmed by information, friendship and support from others on this forum; this hasn't been the case for me at all and I've posted four different journals since the beginning of February, all of which have taken a lot of my time for what seems now to be of no purpose.

I see many people who joined around the same time or even after myself, and they've already surpassed me in Member Rating regardless of any advice or help that I have given to those who needed it; so much for a sense of community and reciprocated interest, especially after reading through pages and pages of others' journals and passing out a few hundred thanks for useful information which they've provided (that I have thoroughly read through), then seeing nothing in return. I've put too much of my time into this hobby to be shunned by an online community for no apparent reason, and I was really hoping that I'd find an interactive atmosphere here.

Sounds like you are more expire need then me . I'll take a seat though I love sour diesel.

Sounds like you are more expire need then me . I'll take a seat though I love sour diesel.

The Sour Diesel I grew was some of the strongest weed I've ever had, but I didn't yield much and it is gone. Thanks for stopping by, I've sent out 300 likes from reading others' stuff in the past two weeks and barely anyone visits here; it doesn't make sense, zero reciprocation.

The Sour Diesel I grew was some of the strongest weed I've ever had, but I didn't yield much and it is gone. Thanks for stopping by, I've sent out 300 likes from reading others' stuff in the past two weeks and barely anyone visits here; it doesn't make sense, zero reciprocation.
This app on cell is crap man. Notifications never get updated. I'm hear now anything going now active so I can take a seat bud

This app on cell is crap man. Notifications never get updated. I'm hear now anything going now active so I can take a seat bud

Thank you for being positive! I just want people to talk to about this stuff, even if they tell me that I am doing something wrong with my grow. I have read a lot of books but I have only yielded bud twice! So many more people have a greater amount of experience than I do and I just want any advice on issues that might be seen in what I've done so far in my process or that I might do in the future.

Thank you for being positive! I just want people to talk to about this stuff, even if they tell me that I am doing something wrong with my grow. I have read a lot of books but I have only yielded bud twice! So many more people have a greater amount of experience than I do and I just want any advice on issues that might be seen in what I've done so far in my process or that I might do in the future.
Try my best to help.

I'm still following along, just been busy and I don't talk much, just watch, listen, and learn. You have a very technical methodology for growing, it's not a bad thing, just over my head at times. I'm a grow it by the looks and feel kind of gal LOL. If it works I do it and if it doesn't work I quit doing it. So far, it looks like you are doing pretty good :bravo: Keep sharing and I'll keep watching and when something comes to mind, I'll definitely share my thoughts.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom