All Organic - Big Bud - 2nd Grow - 1000W - 5 Plants

Thank you for your knowledge. I just checked my ph of my tap water and it is around 8.13. Its really high. When I mix my nutes it brings it all the way to around 4ish. Im not sure watering with 4ph would be a good Thing to do. Maybe its my newbie side that is worried.

I suggest that you forget about the ph of your water for now and focus on the ph of your soil instead. Have you checked your soil ph lately?
When growing in organic soil it's all about the soil and the things that are going on within the soil. Feed the soil correctly (or as best you can within reason) and you won't have to worry much about the plants. You can make quite a few mistakes and still end up with healthy plants.
On the other hand if you are trying to do organic soil gardening (MJ, tomatoes, whatever..) and you have shitty soil conditions for the roots to live in the end result will almost always be unhealthy and sickly plants that don't yield squat no matter what you try to feed them or water them with.

If you're feeding/watering with a solution that has a ph of 4.0ish I think you are running some risk of it causing your soil ph to become too acidic. As I mentioned previously, some organic soils have a tendency to migrate below 6.0 due to the high content of organic matter and one typically needs to make periodic adjustments as time goes along to keep ph levels up over 6.0. I use dolomite lime to do this. If you find that your soil ph is too acidic you could keep doing as you're doing (no changes) and accommodate for the low ph feedings by periodically adding dolomite lime as a top dressing as needed. Or you could always change to a more ph friendly feeding/watering regime. Hydroponics folks would likely recommend using a bit of ph up in your feeding solution but I personally don't care to use that type of stuff in something I plan to smoke. I know that you said that you don't smoke but hopefully you're either pulling a "Bill Clinton" on us, you're into edibles only, or you'll be making a friend who does smoke very happy in the near future with a medicinal donation. :)

Anyways, I've probably exceeded my bad advise quota for the day so I'm outta' here. Got a big J of Grape of Ape calling my name.
:ganjamon:

This is sorta wrong and sorta right.. It's extremely common to get what I call LBM's(Little Brown Mushrooms) in bag soil. Mushrooms will grow anywhere and it's not at all uncommon to see a LBM or other mushrooms grow out of store bought potting soil. Also finding edibles in wood mulch is very common too(i have found morel's in a walmart parking lot).. Mushrooms are VERY good for your soil and are used in restoring contaminated soils in a process called, "mycoremediation." This doesn't mean your soil has anything bad in it what so ever so don't freat and enjoy the power of fungi.

In the amazon they have been using fungi to clean up oil spills. I have cultivated mushrooms for the past 10 years or so and have grown everything from P. Cubensis to Pleurotus Ostreatus, Shiitake's, Lion's Maine, and more. I forage and sell wild edible mushrooms as well. Some being Hen of the Wood, Chicken of the Woods, Chanterelles, Porchini, and so on.

TLDR; don't sweat the fungi

Not offended by the statement kinda right kinda wrong. I was wondering where you thought I was right and where you thought I was wrong? In both scenarios I'm saying any fungi is great for your root system. Maybe using the word invasive came across negative? It wasn't meant to if that was the case. So to me the statement "Kinda wrong, kinda right" comes across somewhat contradictory. I'm always opened to be schooled :) Never too old as they say :volcano-smiley: unless you're an ignorant so and so!

Not offended by the statement kinda right kinda wrong. I was wondering where you thought I was right and where you thought I was wrong? In both scenarios I'm saying any fungi is great for your root system. Maybe using the word invasive came across negative? It wasn't meant to if that was the case. So to me the statement "Kinda wrong, kinda right" comes across somewhat contradictory. I'm always opened to be schooled :) Never too old as they say :volcano-smiley: unless you're an ignorant so and so!

Maybe I read it wrong it was 4am, but you said she was either lucky for getting fungi or she had some kind of fungal invasion(i took that as a negative I guess).. that's about the only part i was saying you were wrong about. Really isn't much luck to it. You also said it could be good, and then talked about invasion. That to me seemed as you left it open that it could also be bad and here's why. I hope I didn't offend anyone, wasn't my intentions at all. :Namaste:

@Shelly you should check your grow medium mix next grow. A good organic soil mix should be just add water and should really hold all the nutes it needs in the soil for the entire grow cycle. This also makes PHing soil pretty easy in my experience with non-cannabis plants :) Looking through your journal it feels like to me your mixing grow techniques. That's the feeling i'm getting and could be why you're having issues with PH, mag def, etc.

I'm using a supersoil variation in my grow and in my first soil test it was right on. No changes needed. I use straight well water that goes through a softener of salt rocks. I'm a noob to growing cannabis though so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Hello all. I would just like to thank everyone for there input. I myself am a huge newb. I used roots organic soil. People use nutes in soil so I just figured you would use roots organics nutes with it. I feel using nutes with the waterings would just be bennifical to the plant.

I could be wrong. Maybe me saying it was organic in my title could be wrong seeing as how all my nutes and soil had organic written on them. Im sorry if i miss lead some of you to think this was a pure organic run. I myself thought it was by the labels. My mistake.

Any who. Thank you all for the input you have given me. I take all the information I can. Thank you.

On to pictures. I cut this limb off for the simple fact that I was a lower branch that I topped and just let it grow. Without checking on it, they two shoots grow together. I let it go for about a week. It didnt stretch at all. Very little if any. So today. I cut it Off. I didnt want my plant to put anymore energy into it. Would of been a waste of time in my book. (My very small book of growing). Here are some pictures of it.
And again thank you for replying to my grow. Untill next Update. Happy growing.

20150503_101519.jpg
20150503_101530.jpg
20150503_101543.jpg
20150503_101612.jpg

my limited understanding of a true organic grow is you want to feed the soil, not the plant. Hopefully someone more well versed in this will come along and help us out.. as I just started my first organic grow i'm anxious to learn all I can as well! looking good either way shelly! :Namaste:

Maybe I read it wrong it was 4am, but you said she was either lucky for getting fungi or she had some kind of fungal invasion(i took that as a negative I guess).. that's about the only part i was saying you were wrong about. Really isn't much luck to it. You also said it could be good, and then talked about invasion. That to me seemed as you left it open that it could also be bad and here's why. I hope I didn't offend anyone, wasn't my intentions at all. :Namaste:

@shelly you should check your grow medium mix next grow. A good organic soil mix should be just add water and should really hold all the nutes it needs in the soil for the entire grow cycle. This also makes PHing soil pretty easy in my experience with non-cannabis plants :) Looking through your journal it feels like to me your mixing grow techniques. That's the feeling i'm getting and could be why you're having issues with PH, mag def, etc.

I'm using a supersoil variation in my grow and in my first soil test it was right on. No changes needed. I use straight well water that goes through a softener of salt rocks. I'm a noob to growing cannabis though so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Not offended. I am very rarely offended even if someone means to intentionally. I too was up at 4am writing so excuse me for writing in code and confusing the shit out of both of us :) Cheers bud :volcano-smiley:

Hello all. I would just like to thank everyone for there input. I myself am a huge newb. I used roots organic soil. People use nutes in soil so I just figured you would use roots organics nutes with it. I feel using nutes with the waterings would just be bennifical to the plant.

I could be wrong. Maybe me saying it was organic in my title could be wrong seeing as how all my nutes and soil had organic written on them. Im sorry if i miss lead some of you to think this was a pure organic run. I myself thought it was by the labels. My mistake.

Any who. Thank you all for the input you have given me. I take all the information I can. Thank you.

The title of your journal is not misleading or incorrect. Your current grow is organic and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The Roots Organic bottled nutrients are probably very similar to the organic teas that are used throughout the organic gardening community. The only difference is that most organic gardeners make their own DIY backyard tea brews and yours come prepackaged in a bottle. Is one more organic than the other? I think not. Is there even a such thing as "more organic" when comparing 2 completely organic products? No, I think not. Just because someone else made your organic bottled nutrient solutions does not make the contents in those bottles any less organic than a backyard home-brewed tea made with organic ingredients. This is assuming that the bottled nutrient supplier is honest in their claims of their products being 100% organic.
In my experience there will always be the "organics nazi" out there making accusations that the garden practices of some other organic gardeners are "not really, truly organic" because of trivial stuff. Example...."Oh, but the sheep manure that you put in your composting bin was sourced from sheep that were fed gentically modified corn. I wouldn't want that tainting my garden. My garden is 100% organic." I roll over laughing when I hear these kind of statements being made.
Just keep on doing what you're doing and garden your way. From the looks of your plants I'd say that the Roots Organic soil mix / bottled nutrient regime is working out well.
:goodjob:

The title of your journal is not misleading or incorrect. Your current grow is organic and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The Roots Organic bottled nutrients are probably very similar to the organic teas that are used throughout the organic gardening community. The only difference is that most organic gardeners make their own DIY backyard tea brews and yours come prepackaged in a bottle. Is one more organic than the other? I think not. Is there even a such thing as "more organic" when comparing 2 completely organic products? No, I think not. Just because someone else made your organic bottled nutrient solutions does not make the contents in those bottles any less organic than a backyard home-brewed tea made with organic ingredients. This is assuming that the bottled nutrient supplier is honest in their claims of their products being 100% organic.
In my experience there will always be the "organics nazi" out there making accusations that the garden practices of some other organic gardeners are "not really, truly organic" because of trivial stuff. Example...."Oh, but the sheep manure that you put in your composting bin was sourced from sheep that were fed gentically modified corn. I wouldn't want that tainting my garden. My garden is 100% organic." I roll over laughing when I hear these kind of statements being made.
Just keep on doing what you're doing and garden your way. From the looks of your plants I'd say that the Roots Organic soil mix / bottled nutrient regime is working out well.
:goodjob:

Thanks. I just kinda felt bad if i was miss leading people. Not what i was trying too do.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

So. Sorry for not finishing out my grow with all of you. I had to deal with a partner that turned ot a raging alcoholic. To the point were I almost sacked the whole grow mid flower. I didnt do that. I got 2 oz a plant for the most part. I got 10 oz. I had problems go on. They started to turn yellow despite flushing. So next time in making my own soil with no nutes or phing water or anything with bottled nutes. Not going to do it. Not worth the money. Any who here is a picture
20150626_105116.jpg
20150626_104905.jpg

Back
Top Bottom