Am I ready for harvest? Cloudy or clear?

So its not to early by this pic??
I don't mean to be "that guy", I just want the best for your girls. I too like the exhilarating/energetic high and I think you could hold off a little while. Here is why, 1, Some strains will continue to plump up quite a bit at the end and 2, I harvested last year with say 85% milky, 5-10% amber and the rest clear and it was spot on! my yard was amazing for months. I can't speak to what bud is like after a year in a jar, I have never lost any for that long.

Man i appreciate that...i too would rather make this long as wait worth it...guess I will give it a few days and check again. Thanks...ill keep posting

Man i appreciate that...i too would rather make this long as wait worth it...guess I will give it a few days and check again. Thanks...ill keep posting
Sounds like we are like minded, that's why I chimed in. You are going to be the best judge because you have the best picture. I came up with those %'s through research last year (which by the way was my 1st grow) and it was perfect. I did a bud wash and Dr Ziggy's low and slow cure and man was it smooth. Don't listen to the stuff about washing off the good stuff, my keif tray was bulging. Good luck, best wishes!

like this... :)
WIN_20200610_15_56_08_Pro.jpg
How do these look?

Attachments

• IMG_20200827_111507.jpg
    IMG_20200827_111507.jpg
    809 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20200827_110744.jpg
    IMG_20200827_110744.jpg
    898.4 KB · Views: 43
Elaborate...im not familiar with what u speak of lol...wash
?
Look at Bud Washing under this post. I've done it. Didn't seem to make a difference smoke wise for me. My buds were not as tight & solid as they usually get after doing it so I never did it again.

How do these look?
Nice looks pretty good, still have a lil ways to go tho, you have a good mix of milky and clear, I'd wait for more milky and amber trichomes myself... I like the cerebral high and sedative body stone buzz usually achieved with a 70% amber 30% milky trichomes. :) If you want a more cerebral affect lean towards a more sativa dominant strain when growing hybrids. Well I'm not saying you can't make an Indica more cerebral, but it would be alot easier if your starting with the proper genetics that will head you in the right direction of a cerebral high. :)

Knowledge me
Hey Man,
The bud washing thing is another of those controversial topics here, both sides of the fence are well populated. I do it mostly because I live a few miles from a lumber mill so we have a lot of stuff in the air around here that settles on my plants. I can't give you a comparison because I've only had one harvest so far. I did the research last year and decided to go for it, your choice! I won't stop corresponding either way :thumb:

You think I'm still too earl

Attachments

• Picture_20204930094917.jpg
    Picture_20204930094917.jpg
    665.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Picture_20204730094701.jpg
    Picture_20204730094701.jpg
    1,015.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Picture_20204430094447.jpg
    Picture_20204430094447.jpg
    865.6 KB · Views: 30
I am very afraid that all the good stuff will come off??
NO worries.... The good stuff as you call it, I'm assuming the trichomes which get you high/stoned is what you are referring too?.. It is oil resin based substance. So like oil and water don't mix, your trichomes won't wash off most will stick to the plant... Think about it this way, why do we need rubbing alcohol to clean our trimming fiskars scissors and not just water ...plus your not scrubing and bathing them your more like dunking and shaking the crapy dust and pollution off them.. lol :)

First off, what they said, my cured weed was off the hook with trich.s :yummy:after the wash. You could smell my Pineapple Upside down cake from across the park and the kief tray was bulging. Do you think I would suggest it to you if it washed off the good stuff, dude not how I roll. I want us all to grow the best and get better as a group, I think you will find that to be true of the whole:420: community.

Finishing your weed just like everything else Cannabis is up to the individual. some will say no nutes just water, I feed right up to harvest day. Some will say strip them down, starve them, in the middle of the night sneak up behind them and Decapitate them. I like to make them as comfortable and calm as possible like a picnic day, then bam! Seriously though there is a lot of evidence that a proper cure will allow the plant to do it's magic with residual nutes and the sugar thing. I did Dr. Ziggy's low and slow last year, it took a long time (because I left too much stem on) and well worth it, very smooth.

It took me awhile to realize this, "There really is no right and wrong way to do this as long as you stay between the lines". You will read about so many techniques being utilized that it is self evident that you can be successful many different ways. What, Where and Funds are the most impactful factors on how you proceed as I see it. There are folks around who are so good at one way they experiment with other techniques for fun. The beauty is, you and I get to share in all their knowledge, the tried methods, the results from them, as well as which experiments were failures and successes.

I'm going to start trimming and hanging one of my ladies today...any tips on the drying process.. .im so ready to get her dried and cured.....come on "gelata" lol

Back
Top Bottom