Anecdotal evidence of buds regenerating when cut in half

Super,
After chopping and curing, we're you able to tell a difference? What about weight of the natural bud and the one you cut from? Did it feel thicker. Did the regenerated have more light colored trics, ie clear, milky, amber? At what week in flower did you clip?
Again, sorry you have to abandon your grow, sucks, but hopefully we see another Smaller Than Ever again!

I didn't notice much difference with this.

That being said, I later learned that I was doing things wrong. "Back building" it turns out I should only be taking the very tips off, not as much as I did here. I did it on my Cali-Jack and I think it did help the buds to some extent. When she was about 40 days or so (out of 63 I think) I just to the tips off of a bunch of the buds. The ones that I "tipped" seemed to be a little larger and firmer. My imagination? Hope this helps my friend. ;) :peace:

So if you pinched the end off of a cola would it fork into two? Because I saw this happen on an outdoor plant last year and figured it was a fluke. I was trying to make sure there wasn't any mold and the tip just kind of popped off. Two weeks later it had forked into two tips chuting out where the old top had got lopped off. That's my only experience with this.

if you cut the tip off the bud, it can not only fork but can produce 3-4 more bud sites that will start again. Instead of one bud, it will grow 3-4 more sites from that bud tip. Try it and experiment. I not longer do this anymore as things have changed.

if you cut the tip off the bud, it can not only fork but can produce 3-4 more bud sites that will start again. Instead of one bud, it will grow 3-4 more sites from that bud tip. Try it and experiment. I not longer do this anymore as things have changed. Also check out my gallery as i have pictures showing a clip bud and the regened site.

Love this topic. Big Bad John by Doggies Nuts is where I first learned about this subject. Check out it a plant that has a plant that's not a ruder or auto it another cousin of hemp. The Doggies Nuts Seeds Big Bad John there anyone interested. This is still an auto in term that it starts flowering on it's on, but I hear you can pick the buds off on this one. Literally come back up to 6 times re grows. I don't think you can re veg it because it's an auto. So yea really it's gonna depend on what cannabis plant does. I think this should be a category that doesn't get enough talk. Who doesn't want to pick off a ounce then have another one in a month. Well I tell you from all my experience's reveg which works.But process seems slower and slower each time you reveg it. Maybe it stress on plant.Also I always cut my tops first the 2 weeks later i cut the rest and I don't keep little bud at the bottom there topped and lollipoped, I also know from breaking a bud in half this last grow gogi og had 4 main buds. Well some and I don't know who but only a small amount of people someone broke of my top in half. I was pissed of course.But some reason the bud has grow back identical to the other 4 tops. Odd idk how it keep growing more then the other. But it did slow it down which I think might have stressed it to fixing that side. So I would believe this has to do with the species of cannabis or strain, then even down to which pheno type you get. Keep playin around buddy, maybe you will be know for adding a new category on judging plants and other reason's.Also I have seen canabis live through pretty rough condition and bud came out fine. Only bugs have I seen basically take a plant out faster the mob, but as far as no bugs, there hard to kill broke so many branches that come back with less then 20 percent of stem attached and then like FIM the 80 percent make a new shot in a week from a half inch 80 percent left mainstem and the 20 percent hanging there connected into a giant KNOT where 80 percent made a new shot just a tad smaller then the branch before it broke and some how only one section of the plant was damaged just slowed growth down. Also seen craziest lst jobs ever so this is Genius and would love start a group grower's. We test all plants we grow find the best reproducer's and make s1 see if they work send seeds everyone while everyone works on a different type plant, or just cut it in clones send off. Would any growers that could do like 2 plants each grow and just test at the end how well it grows back by leaving 10/20 percent on and see if that works. If not we see which are easiest to reveg without stressing out and keep solid speed of growth.When you cut these off and leave a little my problem is Leaves, there going to fall off if that part the plant is done, so is the plant just possible still growing, and might appear dead but not. I have one friend who still takes every fan leave off before flowering. He does have good bud too. Plus is the bud is completly filled out vs top cola blocking the entire bottom making you have to cut half off and let bottom go another 2 weeks, my point. We have to research this as team. How many times have you pulled off that same bud. Is the plant not dead just because has no leaves. So, anyone wants start a group on basis of studying the effects and longevity of plant, leave test, bud test, no money test we do and document. We then figure out which ones work better and rule out the fact that people just don't leave 10/20 percent and don't know it could regenerate if we find it to be common and some strains better others. We will have put are mark in cannabis History. When autos are old new 10 yrs from now. People be looking for plant that I can get 5-10 10/20 cut and get a quarter pound off LA CONF vs. Quarter Ounce. My facebook Old guy jason white PM me if interested. Don't email me unless you have a steady grow and have space for at least one plant I prefer 2 plants and possible more like if I find good one i cut it into as many clones possible run all them and then through that batch see if that changes any features. But if you can play around with 1 plant and want join PM me.Worst side lose a plant. Best side we would be like the Exodus group or just be known in history of true pioneers of this study. If it works we change game for cannabis.All people in group will receive equal worth if there is money to be made or if an amazing seed is found by us that regenerates tons of bud. Let's make history or lose one plant and learn a lot more of how the plants works period. Right now I have white flies until my grow finishes. then i can dr doom it and then again in 3 weeks make sure eggs are dead. I have let out 600 lady bugs already. Funny I was so not paying attention because the bugs had me irritated and still do. I neemed the leaves very carefully in Flower. Also I have whiteflies. I know how get rid of them lady bugs what i used hate pesticides. Can't wait I finish so i can Dr doom whole thing and then put out another 1500 ladybugs in a 200sq feet. So not only can we help each other on this we can help someone if need advice tips. I never got a good advice on bugs and took me 3 grows to figure it out. My local hydro store just trying to sell anything to make buck, so he bought tons of yellow cards great if you have small problem and maybe the easiest, but then about 3-4 new pesticides that all at the time was just neem oil basically LoL. Found out you get neem concentrate. You could fill 50 bottles of those up and it was 12 bucks. cheaper everything but the 6 dollar yellow cards. Be great club. I bet noone PMs me or I get one in 8 months and forgot about it but this subject I wont forget.

I see this tread and it basically is like a group already. So let's make it official. Make some way we can all stay in touch maybe Private Facebook group. This would allow us know who's on. How the project going. What we will be doing as are assignment.We need a Master admin. I can make the group but you guys already have been working on it.So you can pick. Just let me join. We will figure this out.I don't believe anyone in hear can tell why it wouldn't work on some strains maybe based on region, or based on flower or lifespan of the plant.Any Master is going to know that yea you can reveg.But without evidence documented it's just a rumor if we can find a plant that regenerates longest and we know there is one plant out that was able to produce 6 good regrows off a plant by doggies nuts big bad john and they did it a long time ago. Problem no one every purchase there seeds due to ridiculous pricing. Now a days 120 a pack isn't a lot but their packs where between 150-400 bucks with nothing other then blueberry and bubblegum. Well no one is gonna pay price for S2 of Blueberry and not just pay for dj shorts for over 100 bucks or is anyone going to buy bubblegum when Th seeds has the best one and serious seeds do too. Bubblicious similiar but played with in 90s with lavendar similiar but not the same. Just so you know different. Both A+ though. If you never done bubblegum, I put it on 10 plants to do you'll love. Along only big buddha cheese,tangie(strongest fruit smell around for tangerines.Chemdawg, Bubba Kush pre 98,old school skunk do shoreline by devils harvest colorful yet stinks high heaven. If you don't know already pretty much all seed companies when for fruitest taste they could make and huge bulk for years living the most known plant in the SouthEast when i was kid 80-90s. Well then there where a good bit of stinky plants that have a deep more not sweet, you my think you just grew some bud from 80's or 90's but now it is rare LoL idk how such stinky plant's got lost well I do, and I have whole bag of mixed seeds still got color in them from 90's popped two just see they alive. In the 90's there where ton's of seeds in weed, no a days. The strains I buy technically impossible to have a seed like my favorite Gorilla Glue plant.Unless you have a S1 i think of S1 and it been sprayed down with canna spray one time. So if you had a gorrila glue plant got it to herp and make seeds those would be S1 but that's if your lucky enough to get them to herp and produce good offspring. Usually these strains would be out already if it where that easy. Then A S2 would be you took all the S1 seeds grew them out found favorite then sprayed it made it herp on purpose to do this usually with spray not to bring hermaphrodite traits down the blood line. Which somehow happened to blueberry and it very common unless you have dj shorts version of having nanas at the last few weeks it grows. Prob DJ short gave DP a cut and they copied it there self and it has that trait in it.So only way get rid of it buy dj short seeds. But back story that plant would be a S2 after you picked your first spray down set and then spray down the best pick S2. F1 similiar that the first generation of that plant. Complicated to explain this vs S1. Also an IBL means inbreed line so Plant 1 would be crossed say Mazar xPink Kush has name Bomb B and x L.S.D by Barneys that has MazarxSkunk1 and we mix they and call it Trippy well it an IBL the Mazar is in both blood lines you see. It only makes it more vernable to hermphradites. So me and herps have love hate relationship if it wasn't possible i have no gorilla glue.Yet it was impossible I wouldn't every have any seeds in my weed by accident. Still looking for member club.

I just wanted to make seeds instead of buying all of the time. I wanted to be sure which seeds were which.
As for bugs.....Monterey garden insect spray with spinosad concentrate kicked the Thrips asses after one application! I used a littleTriple AG neem oil & Dr. Bronners pure castile soap, but Spinosad wiped them out. The plants rebounded after a few weeks. Hail Spinosad!

What size space are you working with and do you have to hide stuff? I'm running some QB120's with my
Mars 300's and im loving them...
420-magazine-mobile1529960690.jpg
The QB120 is between my mars 300's and pulls 60W. It requires no fans and is incredibly light and doesn't get hot at all... The only items that get remotely hot are the drivers which you can mount outside of the grow space to further reduce heat... Say you crammed 4 of those Qb120's in your grow and ran them all on a single driver outside the tent... you'd get 240W of badass lighting that would produce very little heat... a small fan over the panels would dissipate any heat.

The mars hydro 300's are neat little lights especially for the price but if you are looking to reduce heat I wouldn't go with them as they are no where near as cool running as some more recent lights. The reflector series always seems pretty neat but I have no experience with em yet.

(Originally tried to PM you but you have less than 50 posts .)

Back
Top Bottom